Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

I've recently viewed the show houses and they are a nice finish . I'm currently waiting for the next launch and seeing how much the 4 bedrooms will be . I've contacted both estate agents and I'm getting conflicting prices . They are suggesting towards 450k ??? Surely they won't hit that high ? There are still a number of units not sold and considering the strong viewing numbers I thought they would be gone by now . Another development on the other side of the village sold out 25 houses out of 25 in 2 hours of the very 1st offering .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I heard 440k for the 4 beds. They do have the bay windows and apparently a new kitchen layout.

The remaining two 4 beds in BC is a funny one alright. Could be the fact the back gardens will be in the shadow of the house for the majority of the day or something like that? Or they could be facing the entrance road?

Didn't realise the links had sold out. They have some nice house types and I like the layout of the estate i.e. not all in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

figured out the tiered element or how I think it will look...they have put a more rounded shape on the soil this week so easier to see the layout. excuse the crude pic (my microsoft paint skills not great) :)but you'll get the idea... also the angle of the picture makes the lower gardens look smaller (but this is not the case in reality.....upper and lower tier gardens all very similar sizes.)

Anyone have a contact number for Winsac?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Anyone have a contact number for Winsac?

Winsac Ltd.
    25 Merrion Square
    Dublin 2

Phone number (01) 840 7322

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

Can someone please PM about their experience on costs to put down hardwood flooring in both 3 and 4 bed, thanks?

We are considering wood floors throughout, but would like to know a rough est re costs for any flooring type & experience

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

What other development are you referring to? Thanks

I've recently viewed the show houses and they are a nice finish . I'm currently waiting for the next launch and seeing how much the 4 bedrooms will be . I've contacted both estate agents and I'm getting conflicting prices . They are suggesting towards 450k ??? Surely they won't hit that high ? There are still a number of units not sold and considering the strong viewing numbers I thought they would be gone by now . Another development on the other side of the village sold out 25 houses out of 25 in 2 hours of the very 1st offering .

carr_e wrote: »
    What other development are you referring to? Thanks

The Links , I would imagine

http://thelinks.ie/the_links_brochure.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

The links is more commonly know as ballygossan Park. Next phase will go on sale in August apparently.

Window detail

• Advertisement

Gardens - lower level

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

Thank you for uploading the additional photos. I still find it difficult to visualise what the lower level gardens will look like once complete or how the tiered levels will impact upon the sun light into the house , as there still seems to be quite a bit of work to go.

Does anyone know if it's likely the houses to the rear on a higher level will completely over shadow the lower level gardens ?

BCHH wrote: »
    Thank you for uploading the additional photos. I still find it difficult to visualise what the lower level gardens will look like once complete or how the tiered levels will impact upon the sun light into the house , as there still seems to be quite a bit of work to go.

Does anyone know if it's likely the houses to the rear on a higher level will completely over shadow the lower level gardens ?

You are welcome :)
    yes I agree its still difficult to visualise alright.
    I think the upper level houses are far enough away not to impact on the sunlight to the lower level units, based on where the the foundations are.)

Anyone get a contract yet for Hamilton Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MW107

Just been out to see show house for Hamilton hill today. When I questioned the agent about the petrol station she said it more than likely is going ahead. Such a shame to hear this as we loved the estate & were about to put a deposit down. Thank god I found this forum yesterday & sought clarification beforehand as we were told nothing about this garage until we asked ourselves. Seems very deceptive to buyers. As the houses will be overlooking this garage we have decided against buying. Such a shame as such a lovely estate

MW107 wrote: »
    Just been out to see show house for Hamilton hill today. When I questioned the agent about the petrol station she said it more than likely is going ahead. Such a shame to hear this as we loved the estate & were about to put a deposit down. Thank god I found this forum yesterday & sought clarification beforehand as we were told nothing about this garage until we asked ourselves. Seems very deceptive to buyers. As the houses will be overlooking this garage we have decided against buying. Such a shame as such a lovely estate

Thats a pitty. It's shaping up to be a fantastic estate.... Best I've seen in North Co. Dublin RE. build quality / location etc. (just my opinion).

If you take a look at the plans, very few of the houses actually overlook the proposed petrol station/shop/coffee shop / restaurant as they will be elevated a lot higher than the "proposed" petrol station.

Was up on site and the roads will be going in imminently....worth a closer look and actually being on site might make you change your mind ;)

Best of luck anyway, whatever you decide on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MW107

Thats a pitty. It's shaping up to be a fantastic estate.... Best I've seen in North Co. Dublin RE. build quality / location etc. (just my opinion).

If you take a look at the plans, very few of the houses actually overlook the proposed petrol station/shop/coffee shop / restaurant as they will be elevated a lot higher than the "proposed" petrol station.

Was up on site and the roads will be going in imminently....worth a closer look and actually being on site might make you change your mind ;)

Best of luck anyway, whatever you decide on. :)

I don't think being on site will make me change my mind. We drove down as close as we could yesterday & the close proximity of the petrol station/restaurant/shop/cafe to the Hamilton hill first houses is shocking. I was assured it would be separated by a wall! Very reassuring!! The fact there will almost definitely be such a big development & the increased traffic that this will bring to a road right in front of the houses completely negates what I thought the estate represented - a quiet family estate where I could bring up my baby - an escape by the sea. I only hope that the people who have already bought have been made aware of this development as we were not & only found it out by chance. Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭uli84

Agreed, petrol station, what a ridiculous idea

Has anyone enquired about Social and affordable housing for Hamilton Hill.

The agents informed me that there are no units allocated for this ( because it is a Private Development?), but I was under the impression that all new estates had to have a number of units made available for Social and Affordable housing?

The reason I'm asking is because having seen/experienced the anti social elements of these types of schemes (first hand) in our current estate, I don't want this to happen again in our future home.

PS. I don't have an issue with these schemes in general once "Proper vetting" and due diligence is completed by the Housing authorities involved in purchasing these units for potential "clients" .

I have emailed Fingal to ask for clarification on this for Hamilton Hill, will update with any feedback I get from them.

Don't hold me to this but I heard that the developer has paid a fee/donation or something along those lines which means they don't need to supply any social housing in the development.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 za7tydqu5j9los

I have also asked the EA twice if there was going to be social housing in the estate, they said no. We've bought across the road from Hamilton Hill, and we've also had terrible experience with social housing in our previous place, including intimidation and harassment, so no more of that for us, ever! Barnageeragh Cove seems very quiet, it will be great once we move in there (hopefully in a month or two!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 za7tydqu5j9los

And also double checked it with <mod snip> when we were placing the deposit back in November.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Don't hold me to this but I heard that the developer has paid a fee/donation or something along those lines which means they don't need to supply any social housing in the development.

Just got clarification back from Fingal CoCo Housing Dept. on this.
    You were right, Builder paid a contribution back when the 1st application was submitted for Barnageeragh Cove. All phases after initial phase of the estate are just extensions to the original phase and thus no provision for % of units to be made available...so no social housing in the estate.

Any new applications for planning post September 2015 (have a mandatory 10% of units available as social housing).

Just got clarification back from Fingal CoCo Housing Dept. on this.

That's good to know, thanks!

Maybe the petrol station is holding up sales at the minute . Show house will not be ready for viewing until late may even the start of June . Maybe they are stalling on the construction until the 1st phase completely sells out . Also I'd say that some people in the development who recently purchased in Heron and Sanderling would much preferred to be on the other side of the development (HH) as it seems a separate estate (less busy and over looked) . Anyone get contracts to sign ? Also would I be correct in saying 335k is only an asking price ? I've noticed some houses from the above never reached the quoted prices by the EA ?

Maybe the petrol station is holding up sales at the minute . Show house will not be ready for viewing until late may even the start of June . Maybe they are stalling on the construction until the 1st phase completely sells out . Also I'd say that some people in the development who recently purchased in Heron and Sanderling would much preferred to be on the other side of the development (HH) as it seems a separate estate (less busy and over looked) . Anyone get contracts to sign ? Also would I be correct in saying 335k is only an asking price ? I've noticed some houses from the above never reached the quoted prices by the EA ?

Out of interest , where are you pulling your figures from re quoted sales in HH?
    or are you referring to units in last phase that have previously been sold.?
    Regarding Petrol station, it still hasnt been approved to the best of my knowledge. I have been keeping an eye on the planning app on fingal site... no update as of 22 feb and the planning app seems to be gone from fingal site when viewed from the map... have just asked Fingal for clarification on this. Will keep you posted

Out of interest , where are you pulling your figures from re quoted sales in HH?
    or are you referring to units in last phase that have previously been sold.?
    Regarding Petrol station, it still hasnt been approved to the best of my knowledge. I have been keeping an eye on the planning app on fingal site... no update as of 22 feb.

There was a showing the other night and the agents gave the numbers of the remaining units . So you can calculate the amount of houses sold v unsold . Heron and sanderling are sold out . Petrol station plans are being revised to scale down the entire size of the development and omit the fast food aspect . It is quite a substantial size and the road frontage that is fenced off for the petrol station maybe a similar size to the HH site size so maybe scaling back is not a bad thing . But if you look at texaco over the other side of town there is a housing estate no less than 15 metres away and it is not a problem . Yes this was built many years ago .

There was a showing the other night and the agents gave the numbers of the remaining units . So you can calculate the amount of houses sold v unsold . Heron and sanderling are sold out . Petrol station plans are being revised to scale down the entire size of the development and omit the fast food aspect . It is quite a substantial size and the road frontage that is fenced off for the petrol station maybe a similar size to the HH site size so maybe scaling back is not a bad thing . But if you look at texaco over the other side of town there is a housing estate no less than 15 metres away and it is not a problem . Yes this was built many years ago .

ah ok. my apologies I thought you were implying that the new units were selling for less than the asking price.... Do you recall the number of remaining units still for sale of the first 20 that went on sale on 18th Feb? Thanks for the update info. Very useful to know.

ah ok. my apologies I thought you were implying that the new units were selling for less than the asking price.... Do you recall the number of remaining units still for sale of the first 20 that went on sale on 18th Feb? Thanks for the update info. Very useful to know.

Off the top of my head I can't recall the numbers but it hadn't put people off the x2 end houses closest the petrol station . Maybe they thought there was something to gain having the end houses(maybe bigger gardens) or else the simple fact they could jump the wall for petrol for the lawnmower or a packet of crisp and a can of Fanta from the shop

• Advertisement

Off the top of my head I can't recall the numbers but it hadn't put people off the x2 end houses closest the petrol station . Maybe they thought there was something to gain having the end houses(maybe bigger gardens) or else the simple fact they could jump the wall for petrol for the lawnmower or a packet of crisp and a can of Fanta from the shop

:):):)

Advertisement