Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Off the top of my head I can't recall the numbers but it hadn't put people off the x2 end houses closest the petrol station . Maybe they thought there was something to gain having the end houses(maybe bigger gardens) or else the simple fact they could jump the wall for petrol for the lawnmower or a packet of crisp and a can of Fanta from the shop

It's mind boggling when the risks to health of living near a petrol station are so well documented. On a lighter note they'd only jump the wall for club orange😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Which one is The Heron?
    So they sold the last two 4 beds in Guillemot? Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Which one is The Heron?
    So they sold the last two 4 beds in Guillemot? Good stuff

The Heron is where the current show house is opp the playground all the houses facing toward the playground . Interesting observation that you park around the corner for the Heron houses

The Heron is where the current show house is opp the playground all the houses facing toward the playground . Interesting observation that you park around the corner for the Heron houses

Ah ok.
    Yeah the spaces haven't been marked yet so seem to be just used by visitors so far with the actual residents parking on the road outside their houses which is mildly dangerous I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Ah ok.
    Yeah the spaces haven't been marked yet so seem to be just used by visitors so far with the actual residents parking on the road outside their houses which is mildly dangerous I think.

Very dangerous, I have seen a few near misses in the evenings. The purpose of no car parking on that road is due to children crossing from the playground and two cars are unable to safely pass when a car is parked outside a house on that road. We were told by the EA when the show house was open that car parking there would be temporary during show house opening hours and all residents would be informed they are required to use the parking bays provided.

• Advertisement

ah ok. my apologies I thought you were implying that the new units were selling for less than the asking price.... Do you recall the number of remaining units still for sale of the first 20 that went on sale on 18th Feb? Thanks for the update info. Very useful to know.

Numbers 15-22-23-26-28-30 remains

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Very dangerous, I have seen a few near misses in the evenings. The purpose of no car parking on that road is due to children crossing from the playground and two cars are unable to safely pass when a car is parked outside a house on that road. We were told by the EA when the show house was open that car parking there would be temporary during show house opening hours and all residents would be informed they are required to use the parking bays provided.

Bad planning that with a new estate that they do not have parking at the front of the house . Everyone has two cars these days and then visitors . Cars will be left out the front of the Heron houses after awhile . You see the same problem on the entrance into Kelly's bay along the promenade houses . Once the houses are sold .. the EA won't be back making sure everyone is parking in their allotted spaces .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FavreWatch

Folks, apologies for going off topic slightly but are there any forums or info regarding The Links? Looking to know more about the estate/ if there is social housing or if the Developer paid a contribution not to and any other details around it. Can't seem to find anything online.

Trying to weigh up Barnagearah and The Links

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

FavreWatch wrote: »
    Folks, apologies for going off topic slightly but are there any forums or info regarding The Links? Looking to know more about the estate/ if there is social housing or if the Developer paid a contribution not to and any other details around it. Can't seem to find anything online.

Thanks!

any new estate post september 2015 has a 10% allocation of social housing and the developer has no option to pay a contribution. Check the planning for The Links (Ballygossan Park), not sure when planning was submitted for this development?

Barnageeragh Cove, is exempt as developer paid contribution way back...new phase of Hamilton Hill is just an extension of original application ( as advised by Fingal Planning Dept)

Skerries on Boards ...best I could find

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057486554

Cars will be left out the front of the Heron houses after awhile . You see the same problem on the entrance into Kelly's bay along the promenade houses .

Yeah I agree.
    I know the Kelly's Bay road as a friend lives in there, very annoying!
    are there any forums or info regarding The Links?

I don't think so, start one! My two cents, The Links is a handier location, BCHH has nicer houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

Thanks!

No social housing. Developer paid a contribution in 2013 or so. I chose the links for the location and the cul de sac layout.

Thanks!

I'm In a similar position as to yourself . For what it's worth the Links development 4 bed semi was 100k less than what they are quoting for the 4 beds in Hamilton Hill even doh they have not released a price but they are saying it will be over 435k . The Links 4 bed is 170(ish) sq ft smaller than the HH but for 100k I could live with that and have 20 annual family holidays in the sun for that . The Links 4beds are 348k for 1470 sq ft

Sorry if I'm taking off topic

I'm In a similar position as to yourself . For what it's worth the Links development 4 bed semi was 100k less than what they are quoting for the 4 beds in Hamilton Hill even doh they have not released a price but they are saying it will be over 435k . The Links 4 bed is 170(ish) sq ft smaller than the HH but for 100k I could live with that and have 20 annual family holidays in the sun for that . The Links 4beds are 348k for 1470 sq ft

Sorry if I'm taking off topic
    Unfortunately your prices are way off. The current phase which sold out immediately were priced from 370k to 440k for 4 bed. From 122sqm to 149sqm.

The house that was 1470 sqft ( house type B) was 440k. No kitchen appliances too��

private wrote: »
    Unfortunately your prices are way off. The current phase which sold out immediately were priced from 370k to 440k for 4 bed. From 122sqm to 149sqm.

The house that was 1470 sqft ( house type B) was 440k. No kitchen appliances too��

According to the property register number 25 and 27 @ The Links sold for €348,017,62 both type B . 13th Feb and 24th Feb

According to the property register number 25 and 27 @ The Links sold for €348,017,62 both type B . 13th Feb and 24th Feb

That was ex vat(actual price €390,000) and from a prior phase in 2016..Prices went up more than 10% for recent February launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Can we get back to Barnageeragh Cove discussion please?

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FavreWatch

athtrasna wrote: »
    Can we get back to Barnageeragh Cove discussion please?

Mod

No problem, il setup a separate thread to find out a little more information. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bailey1234

Hi there, first time on here, have bought one of the new builds in Hamilton hill,

According to our solicitor our contracts arrived on 24th March and when he sent back pre contract enquiries they were very quick to reply back which is good. we weren't told about the Petrol station or what was on the site on day show homes opened. I then asked what was planned for the site then estate agent said "oh a filling station". Not sure i would have been told either!
    Has anyone else got contracts yet or have any worries about their contract and certain clauses in it?

Show house opened tomorrow evening 6pm-6.30pm if anyone needs a look around

Few progress pics for anyone interested :)

• Advertisement

bailey1234 wrote: »
    Hi there, first time on here, have bought one of the new builds in Hamilton hill,

According to our solicitor our contracts arrived on 24th March and when he sent back pre contract enquiries they were very quick to reply back which is good. we weren't told about the Petrol station or what was on the site on day show homes opened. I then asked what was planned for the site then estate agent said "oh a filling station". Not sure i would have been told either!
    Has anyone else got contracts yet or have any worries about their contract and certain clauses in it?

my solicitor received contracts almost 2 weeks ago now.... haven't queried anything on it to date...interested to hear if anyone did query anything on contract and got a reply back with clarifications....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SydneySyder

Awesome Pics @cybersecurity! Just received our contracts yesterday!

Two houses remain off the 1st launch and show house ready the weekend of the 27th May for the three & four bedroom

Has anybody inquired about management fees for the estate?
    I assume there are none , but just checking.

None for the houses, just the duplexes and apartments

few pics of how the gardens are shaping up

last one

curbing down

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I noticed planning permission posted at the entrance of the BC site for a creche - does anyone know where in the development they are hoping to build it?

• Advertisement

It's going on the little patch of grass to the right of the entrance road, right beside the school, in front of the new guillemot houses. Top quality diagram attached! :pac:

I thought it was going in across from the playground, beside the duplexes at the entrance to the Sanderling but I was wrong.

415614.JPG

415615.jpg

Advertisement