Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to brew

Options
  • 01-07-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for help on what to brew next, I like mainly lagers, beers pilsners. Etc. I've done a few brews with mainly success. One went bad but I know why, can someone recommend a kit they have used ie coopers, muntons or extract kits or similar. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

BPH wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for help on what to brew next, I like mainly lagers, beers pilsners. Etc. I've done a few brews with mainly success. One went bad but I know why, can someone recommend a kit they have used ie coopers, muntons or extract kits or similar. Thanks.

If you don't mind doing a boil, this is one of my favourite pale ales https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/hbc-extract-american-pale-ale-23-litres-p-1697.html
    Just add 2.8-3kg of dme.

If it has to be a kit id say some kind of coopers ipa hack. The ipa is the only one ive done that I enjoyed after a couple of weeks in the keg, bitterness was ok but could of done with some hop aroma.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've found the Cooper's Traditional Draught turns out really well as a clean, golden, mildly hoppy beer. One of the better kits I've made.
    coopers_traditional_draught.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭BPH

Doing a boil doesn't bother me, thanks for the ideas, keep them coming if possible.

• Subscribers Posts: 688 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

BPH wrote: »
    Doing a boil doesn't bother me, thanks for the ideas, keep them coming if possible.

This APA. It's my most recent brew and the best by a fair bit out of about 10 or 12 brews. Doing it again. Only I took out one of the cans of lme, mashed 2kg of pale malt, added 500g dme and also dry hopped it.

Only now seeing your preference was lagers/pilsners, apologies. This is a lager they do in the same range.

Advertisement