Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy over heating phone

• 01-07-2015 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Since the last 2 updates my phone has gotten crazy hot while charging. Almost too hot to be able to hold. This cant be good for the phone but i have no idea what's causing it. Apple have told me to restore my phone but it has made zero difference. Has anyone had a similar experience like this or know any fixes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,471 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Can't say I've a solution but the same thing happens my 4s. Occasionally it will show an error when it's too hot and go into a low power mode, also gets nearly too hot to hold when using GNSS. Charge drops rapidly and continues until I force cool it, stick it in front of a cold air vent in the car or put it on a cold surface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Is the phone hot charging even on flight mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Is the phone hot charging even on flight mode?

I havnt tried that yet but will do that later. Very annoying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you are using it and charging at the same time, it’s not unusual for it get pretty hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I havnt tried that yet but will do that later. Very annoying

Turn off background app refresh and notifications just to name but a few examples that might help and some that you might not need. Updates won't turn these off for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

There were certainly over heating issues with iOS 9 beta 1. Haven't heard any reports of that on 8.4. Try a hard reset or a clean install.

Advertisement