Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

micro sim modem

Options
  • 01-07-2015 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, im wondering if theres any sort of wireless modem that i can insert a standard phone sim card into? i get a really good 3g/4g signal with three so id like to use a modem with a standard pay as you go sim + the all you can eat data.
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

I've been "dating" this one for months: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HQ6NIQO

Expensive? Yes but it's quite good, and the battery can last for more than half a day. Besides it can be used as power bank to charge your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

looks nice but its only 3g, be nicer to get a 4g one, but i suppose ive to worry about what lte bands it can use then with three

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

One of my friends has a Huawei B593 he swears by. It's 4G, worth a look into

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I got the E5776 on adverts recently.
    It's 4G and works a treat.
    I recommend that one myself as I've seen it in use and it's really easy.

Unfortunately, it's currently cheapest £94 on amazon.
    I got mine for €70, but it was second hand.

I did about 3-4 weeks looking before I decided to buy my one.
    It was to set up in my mother's house, and I wanted it to be as simple and fast as possible, so I didn't want a 3G only one.

Price wise, you can get these in 3G new for around 30 - 50 for good ones or 4G for around 100 - 150, which kinda blows at that price difference.

Might I suggest if you really want a 4G one, to keep an eye out on selling sites for "Unlocked" ones. :)

Advertisement