Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change of use on business premises

Options
  • 02-07-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Premises was a restaurant, would I expect difficulties in looking for a change of use to mixed retail/service unit? Auctioneer being non commital. What criteria will be applied to change of use? I also assume I would be reassessed for rates, the unit is currently empty but from what I can find out I would be liable for rates as soon as I started any renovation works, is this right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

If the auctioneer is being non-committal then how can anyone here honestly give you a definitive answer?

It probably depends on the location. I believe I read Dublin CC have recently committed to reducing the number of restaurants/take-aways in the city so I'm sure other councils will either be following the same line or will in the future.

Call your local planning office, if you give them the location they should be able to give you a more definite answer. If it's not to your liking then you may need to engage a planning consultant who will try and help you get over any obstacles. Your solicitor will probably know a good one.

As for the rates, that may be negotiable at the planning stage. Again your solicitor/consultant could help you on this matter.

Advertisement