Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo concert ?

Options
  • 02-07-2015 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

ok , I'm in a country where I know no one and there's a concert coming up where a relatively unknown favourite of mine is performing . if I go it'll be by myself , would you ?

Ftr , its skepta

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Of course, going to gigs alone is a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Like I've said before, I've been to many. Saw Freddie Gibbs, OFWGKTA, Chili Peppers, Ghostface, GZA and and Raekwon. More fun on your own. You'll get caught up in the music. Do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I go all the time on my own. Not many of my mates are in to the same music as me so instead of missing out I just go. I fly to England on my own too.

Last October I treated myself and went to follow my favourite group Atmosphere around Manchester, London, Birmingham and Bristol. Wouldn't have been able to do that of I had pros with me. Even got to meet them in one of my hotels.

If he's relatively unknown where you are then there'll be more people in the same situation so you'll probably end up talking to people before in the queue or at the bar.

Do it, you won't regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihavenoname3

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Of course, going to gigs alone is a great experience.

very true, I have been to around 50 hip hop gigs in my life, id say around 30 on my own and they were far better nights than the nights I went with mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

cheers guys , tickets been bought anyway for the surprisingly reasonable price of 15 quid so cant wait now

• Advertisement
Advertisement