Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to withdraw money from inactive account

Options
  • 02-07-2015 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

I set up an account years ago and still had a small sum in it. Then I discovered I was being charged a quarterly fee and have already lost over a quarter of the sum on these fees.

I tried to withdraw it online but found that I cannot add a payee or even select my current account as the account has been marked inactive.

I went to my nearest branch and was told that I couldn't withdraw from there either (although I am allowed deposit as much as I like!). That I need to go to the branch where I set up the account with passport ID, utillity bill proof of address etc. 

The problem is I don't live or work near the branch where I set it up originally and don't want to have to take a day off work to claim the small sum of money that is mine.

Is there anything you can do to simplify this process?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

fuse wrote: »
    I set up an account years ago and still had a small sum in it. Then I discovered I was being charged a quarterly fee and have already lost over a quarter of the sum on these fees.

I tried to withdraw it online but found that I cannot add a payee or even select my current account as the account has been marked inactive.

I went to my nearest branch and was told that I couldn't withdraw from there either (although I am allowed deposit as much as I like!). That I need to go to the branch where I set up the account with passport ID, utillity bill proof of address etc. 

The problem is I don't live or work near the branch where I set it up originally and don't want to have to take a day off work to claim the small sum of money that is mine.

Is there anything you can do to simplify this process?
    Hi Fuse,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We are sorry to hear that you were advised this would not be possible in your local branch. We understand it can be difficult to make it to your account holding branch and we'd like to help you resolve this here.

If you would like to send us a private message with your name, phone number and the name of your local branch, we can arrange for a representative from this branch to contact you.

To send us a private message, please click on the link in my signature below.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Advertisement