Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parish Records and WWI Material to be available online

Options
  • 02-07-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

I've just come across this article in the Irish Times. The NLI are making the parish records available online from 8 July, which is a great resource if one is unable to travel to the relevant parish(es) or to the NLI.

TCD are making 80 items relating to WWI available, while the Little Museum of Dublin has launched an online exhibition.

You can read the article here: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/irish-history-coming-alive-online-1.2269810

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

The microfilmed parish records take a bit of trawling but it's worth it. I found several baptism records for my family from the 1860s to 1880s and details of a marriage from 1838. Way earlier than I'd ever hoped to find anything so well happy. Well done NLI.

Advertisement