Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Upgrade Method

Options
  • 02-07-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hey guys

Just a quick one - does anyone know if you can clean install Windows 10 and use your windows 7/8/8.1 non enterprise Key to activate it ?

Or is it a case of upgrading and then wiping for a clean install?

Thanks a mil:)

Rockin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah somewhat wondering this myself.

To take advantage of UEFI, I want to do a fresh install(as much as it pains me s I just sorted my main SSD out) but its probably the best solution.

from what I can tell, you will need to upgrade first, and then you can clean install. That was confirmed by Microsoft, but hey just havnt released details if there will be an ISO to do it with, or if there will be a bundled in tool to do it. Some rumours that windows recovery will be getting a mad change, that will let you clean install, without needed a disc or ISO etc.

They are changing how recovery tools and restore works, so the thought is there might be an option for a clean install using this.

But essentially you will need to upgrade first, to then clean install (which I plan to do, and **** me will it hurt re-downloading my games and ****)

Advertisement