Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostel

Options
  • 02-07-2015 10:58am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reasonable hostel near bus eireann ? Looking for a single room for next Saturday night

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Isaacs would be a good option. Busáras is just a couple of minutes walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The Generator in Smithfield is supposed to be v good.
    Could get luas down / back.
    (never stayed there, but stayed in ones in London)

Generator is by far the nicest in Dublin but its a bit of a walk to Busáras from there. The bar at Generator is really cool they have a chandelier made from Jameson bottles looks really cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cheers for replies, Smithfield would be too far out I'd say, Isaacs won't tell me if they
    Have single Rooms available for Saturday or not atm on there website, I should ring them I guess.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

+1 for Smithfield, it's hella cool and as was previously mentioned you could hop on a Luas and be at Busaras in no time :)

I don't know of any others in Dublin that would be closer so sorry if that's no help!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Smithfield is in the city centre?

Maybe not but it's a 20-minute walk or a 10-minute Luas journey to Busaras. And we're only trying to help! :confused:

tradhead wrote: »
    Maybe not but it's a 20-minute walk or a 10-minute Luas journey to Busaras. And we're only trying to help! :confused:

I hope ye dont think I was being snappy, I was just wondering where it was is all, how close it was too the city , I appreciate all yer suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I hope ye dont think I was being snappy, I was just wondering where it was is all, how close it was too the city , I appreciate all yer suggestions.

open up google maps and check :)

Smithfield wouldn't strictly be City Centre but Dublin City Centre is tiny. Taking the Luas it wouldn't take you look at all to get to Busarus and I would imagine would be the most comfortable of the Hostels never stayed there but when you walk in it certainly isn't just another random hostel I presume that is reflected in the price too.

• Advertisement

Ya its not that far , close too the train station, both are booked out anyway for next saturday.

Ya its not that far , close too the train station, both are booked out anyway for next saturday.

Neil Diamond is in town everything will be gone! Any time I am in Smithfield Generator seems to always be really busy guessing you have to book quite far in advance if you don't want to share.

jimmii wrote: »
    Neil Diamond is in town everything will be gone! Any time I am in Smithfield Generator seems to always be really busy guessing you have to book quite far in advance if you don't want to share.

Ahh crap didn't know that, everywhere does seem to be booked out or else the prices are out of my budget .

Ahh crap didn't know that, everywhere does seem to be booked out or else the prices are out of my budget .

Its the same every weekend there is almost always at least one big gig on given its Neil Diamond I would have actually thought it would be easier than normal I can't imagine his fans are used to hostel thickness mattresses! You could always try Air BnB. I don't think most hostels have many single rooms so I would imagine they are booked out pretty far ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Isaacs is actually quite a nice place to stay.
    Smithfield would be a good 20 minute walk from Busaras or you can get the Luas which stops right outside.

Would couchsurfing be an option? I don't have an account anymore but it's possible someone would have a free couch for a night :)

Advertisement