Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying a grandparent

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

If my grandchildren live close by then if I'm in good health and get on well with the daughter in law I'd offer to mind the grandchild but no more than 3 days a week and I wouldn't charge for it. I wouldn't want ornaments, picture frames or expensive handbags in return though the occasional meal voucher would be appreciated for when I'd be too tired to cook after minding the grandchild all day. :D

If a grandparent gives up paid employment to mind a grandchild then they should get some financial payment.

One thing I've observed over the years both on the various parenting forums and in my personal company is the number of adult daughters and daughter in laws than moan and bitch about the poor granny who minds the grandchildren for free and it's mostly about petty things and not the more important things.

Advertisement