Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie Friendly Restaurants in Bray

• 02-07-2015 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone recommend some restaurants / cafes in Bray where I could find some decent veggie options please? I've never eaten out in Bray, I'd usually just wander out to Greystones and hit up the Happy Pear, but I'll be in Bray next week and need to grab a bite to eat in a hurry.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

cosmic wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone recommend some restaurants / cafes in Bray where I could find some decent veggie options please? I've never eaten out in Bray, I'd usually just wander out to Greystones and hit up the Happy Pear, but I'll be in Bray next week and need to grab a bite to eat in a hurry.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Well what part of Bray will you be in? If you're in a hurry there could be 30 min walk from one part of the town to the other.

Most restaurants have vegetarian options, including Platfrom Pizza or Campo de Fiori on the seafront, Dockyard no 8 at the Harbour.

All depends what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Anything tasty really, we're not fussy :) We'll be near Seafront Park.
    Thanks for the suggestions so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Carpe Diem do nice salads and mozarella and would whip up a nice pasta dish for you.

Platform Pizza - the also do vegan pizzas

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The porterhouse or martello

If you like Indian then definitely try Daata Tandori beside Ocean Restaurant.

It's the most authentic Indian food that I have tasted outside of India. Lovely people running the place as well - from Pakistan. It's all made fresh.

The Porterhouse and The Martello haven't got great veggie selections tbh.

• Advertisement

These are great suggestions, thanks! I'm loving the sound of the vegan pizza and the Indian :pac:

They do vegan cheese but I can't vouch for that.

They might still do the haloumi and Auvergne salad which is very nice.

Book platform as its always busy

John Mason wrote: »
    The porterhouse or martello

I wouldn't really say they''re great for vegetarian.

The indian is definitely a good choice but it does not open till 5 so no good for lunch.

Carpe diem is already said and across the road for a in Campo de Fiori for a nice pasta or pizza dish.

Here are some links with menus.

Campo de Fiori

Daata Tandoori
    Platform Pizza
    The Port House - Great Tapas place. Confusingly, located above "The Porterhouse". Lots of vegetarian options.

Dockyard No 8 - Not sure about Vegetaran though

Pizzas'n'Cream

Carpe Diem -No menu but it's a Mozzarella and Wine bar

Finally where ever you go, make sure to finish it off with a real Italian Ice cream in Gelateria. One of the best ice cream places in Ireland.

Finally, Bray TripAdvisor Restaurant Page.

Enjoy.

murpho999 wrote: »
    ...Here are some links with menus...

Wow! Thant is incredibly helpful, thanks so much!

cosmic wrote: »
    Wow! Thant is incredibly helpful, thanks so much!

No problem, it's very easy when you know the places.

I like my food as you have noticed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

You know this, but there is quite a difference between Vegetarian and Vegan! If you are after Vegetarian you will have no problem with any of the above. Vegan, you may have to work a bit harder! Not all wait staff will appreciate the differences.

Best of luck.

Edit: reading the thread again, maybe it is Vegetarian you are after? either way Bray is great. Do not discount Avoca in Kilmac either,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

There's a Nepalese place up beside the Town hall, and the food is excellent, they have a decent range of vegi dishes

http://mteverestofkathmandu.com/

21/25

Advertisement