Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issue with Chromecast and Netflix

• 02-07-2015 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

This isn't an Android specific issue as I've also tried it on the laptop with the same issue.

In Spain at the moment and have managed to get Netflix working on my device using a VPN and also on chrome using an extension. All fine there.

however when I go to cast it to the TV (via chromecast), I get the error on the chromecast 'Sorry, Netflix hasn't come to this part of the world yet'

So even though I'm using a VPN and simulating a US IP address, the Chromecast itself seems to still have a Spanish IP address and so wont allow the stream.

I've googled but for some reason can't find a solution.

Was wondering if anyone has come across this before?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Tow

The Chromecast connects directly to Netflix. The Android/Laptop is only used to control it, much as a remote control for a TV.
    To get it to work you will need to configure the VPN so that the Chromecast is within it.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Retailer

Tow wrote: »
    The Chromecast connects directly to Netflix. The Android/Laptop is only used to control it, much as a remote control for a TV.
    To get it to work you will need to configure the VPN so that the Chromecast is within it.

I figured as much. was hoping for a simpler solution I suppose!
    I suppose I'll have to use a different VPN app that allows for configuration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭corkie

Retailer wrote: »
    I figured as much. was hoping for a simpler solution I suppose!
    I suppose I'll have to use a different VPN app that allows for configuration

You will need to configure the rooter, so all devices are on the same VPN.

Google it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Alternatively you could try screencast your phone/tablet to the Chromecast if you are having trouble getting the VPN set up. Not as slick as the standard way but would do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Against boards TOS. You're essentially breaching your licence to view the content.

2. Chromecasts hard code their DNS. Thats would be what one would need to "tweak" if one was to do such things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

Doesn't help you now but in October Netflix is coming to Spain. One plus when travelling with Netflix, you can access their content if they are established in the country and you have an existing account.

Advertisement