Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is engineer

Options
  • 02-07-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I had an efibre installation scheduled for this morning.  I received a text confirming it yesterdy morning.  It is now gone 2.30pm and still no sign of an engineer.  I have phoned Eircom customer services and was told the KN engineer has probably been delayed.  Now I understand delays can happen but what I do not understand is that I could not be informed and kept updated.  I am self employed and have rearraned my working day for this.  Also if I was to keep a customer of mine waiting for 3 to 6 hours without a call I am sure they would tell me where to go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

lazer.blue wrote: »
    I had an efibre installation scheduled for this morning.  I received a text confirming it yesterdy morning.  It is now gone 2.30pm and still no sign of an engineer.  I have phoned Eircom customer services and was told the KN engineer has probably been delayed.  Now I understand delays can happen but what I do not understand is that I could not be informed and kept updated.  I am self employed and have rearraned my working day for this.  Also if I was to keep a customer of mine waiting for 3 to 6 hours without a call I am sure they would tell me where to go

Exactly the same happened to my family member yesterday and we said the same. I get a delay happens but when its a morning appointment you know they have other jobs on after yours so trying to say the delay lasts all day is treating people like idiots. They must get to a point and move onto the next job ignoring yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

I have just been on to KN Network Services 'Customer Support' and to say the least I am not happy with the tone I was spoken to in.  At the end of the day I am an Eircom customer and not a KN customer.  Will Eircom now compensate me for lost earnings today?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

get used to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Very sorry to hear of this lazer.blue

Please PM me your order or account number and I'll look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Dear lord .
    The Op should update us when the engineer visits. I'll log on in 3weeks time . Should be plenty of correctly placed emails by then .
    Buy a blood pressure monitor . Think of it as a stress test

• Advertisement

Well here is my update on the Efibre installation. This is a shortedned version of what has happend since.  The engineer eventually did arrive @ 5.50 pm on the day that it was scheduled the 2nd July but if anything my broadband speed is now slower than it was before the 'upgrade'.  After 2 call s to Eircom broadband Support during which I was told the best I could get is 12MB and another call to Eircoms 'Dedicated Customer Care' team on Monday 6th July I ams still waiting on a call back to have this resolved.  A this stage I am looking at what the other providers can offer me. 

Well here is my update on the Efibre installation. This is a shortedned version of what has happend since.  The engineer eventually did arrive @ 5.50 pm on the day that it was scheduled the 2nd July but if anything my broadband speed is now slower than it was before the 'upgrade'.  After 2 call s to Eircom broadband Support during which I was told the best I could get is 12MB and another call to Eircoms 'Dedicated Customer Care' team on Monday 6th July I ams still waiting on a call back to have this resolved.  A this stage I am looking at what the other providers can offer me. 
    Hi lazer.blue

Due to your lines distance from the eFibre cabinet the maximum speed it can hold is up to 15Mb. Please take a look at this link for a graph on speeds in line with distance : http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

This is one of the reasons why eFibre is advertised, sold and provided on the specific terms & conditions of 'up to'. Terms and conditions of broadband: http://www.eircom.net/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf

As the speeds are based on our existing network it will not be likely another provider using eircoms network can offer you better speeds - but it's best to check with them for confirmation.

If you would like to lodge a formal complaint on refection of this please feel free to do so here:

[font=Times New Roman","serif]https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp

or post to here
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]
    Customer complaints
    5th Floor,
    Telephone house
    Marlborough street,
    Dublin 1[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Hi lazer.blue

Due to your lines distance from the eFibre cabinet the maximum speed it can hold is up to 15Mb. Please take a look at this link for a graph on speeds in line with distance : http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

This is one of the reasons why eFibre is advertised, sold and provided on the specific terms & conditions of 'up to'. Terms and conditions of broadband: http://www.eircom.net/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf

As the speeds are based on our existing network it will not be likely another provider using eircoms network can offer you better speeds - but it's best to check with them for confirmation.

If you would like to lodge a formal complaint on refection of this please feel free to do so here:

https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp

or post to here

Customer complaints
    5th Floor,
    Telephone house
    Marlborough street,
    Dublin 1

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al

I will indeed be lodging a formal compaint about this and I will be in contact with comreg also.  I fully understand the 'up to' clause that Eircom seems to use as its default get out, however I don't think it is unreasonable to at least expect, that by having an efibre upgrade carried out at the invitation of Eircom, a noticeable improvement in broadband speed and certainly not a worse service.  The bottom line is I should have been told at the time that I ordered eFibre what the limit is.  Had this been the case I would not have bothered ordering it and so not wasting a day waiting for the engineer to call and more seriously losing a days income.  If the best thet Eircom can do to dissuade me from switching provider is to tell me it is your network that they use I think Eircom is missing the point.  The speed is only part of the problem, now it is more about how Eircom seems to show nothing but contempt for me as a customer.

Just as an aside as well as here on boards I have been in touch with one of your colleagues via Twitter this morning.  Unfortunately it is not as easy to get someone to speak to me.  As well as waiting for a call back since last Monday I phoned 1901 again  and was told 'the system' is down and I will get a call back.  Surprise surprise I am still waiting!

Hi lazer.blue

https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp

or post to here

Customer complaints
    5th Floor,
    Telephone house
    Marlborough street,
    Dublin 1

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al

I will indeed be lodging a formal compaint about this and I will be in contact with comreg also.  I fully understand the 'up to' clause that Eircom seems to use as its default get out, however I don't think it is unreasonable to at least expect, that by having an efibre upgrade carried out at the invitation of Eircom, a noticeable improvement in broadband speed and certainly not a worse service.  The bottom line is I should have been told at the time that I ordered eFibre what the limit is.  Had this been the case I would not have bothered ordering it and so not wasting a day waiting for the engineer to call and more seriously losing a days income.  If the best thet Eircom can do to dissuade me from switching provider is to tell me it is your network that they use I think Eircom is missing the point.  The speed is only part of the problem, now it is more about how Eircom seems to show nothing but contempt for me as a customer.

Just as an aside as well as here on boards I have been in touch with one of your colleagues via Twitter this morning.  Unfortunately it is not as easy to get someone to speak to me.  As well as waiting for a call back since last Monday I phoned 1901 again  and was told 'the system' is down and I will get a call back.  Surprise surprise I am still waiting!
    No problem lazer.blue

In full honesty the current position is that the speeds can't be increased and the contract applies due to the terms and conditions. Should you wish to appeal this on the terms that you were not advised of the speed limitations you will need to lodge an official complaint.

Once a complaint is lodged it is investigated in full and you will be contacted within (up to) 10 days. This can also be arranged via Comreg if you prefer. This is really the best route you can take with this right now.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement