Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom broadband and phone

Options
  • 02-07-2015 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi.
    What is the exact procedure for cancelling Eircom broadband and phone ?
    I've been offered a deal from a competitor that I'm pretty sure cannot be topped
    so I want to get the ball rolling.
    Regards, bobgaf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

bobgaf wrote: »
    Hi.
    I've been offered a deal from a competitor that I'm pretty sure cannot be topped
    Regards, bobgaf
    HI bobgaf

Please contact eircoms cancellations team on free phone 1901 to arrange this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Remember to write to them AND email them too so that it happens, just in case

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi.
    Regards, bobgaf
    HI bobgaf

Thanks
    Al
    The only requirement in Eircom's Terms and Conditoins is that written notice be given. Why is the necessary address information not readily available so that a customer can comply with Eircom's Terms and Conditons?  Eircom have no right to require a customer to ring them to obtain this information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dub45 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Regards, bobgaf
    HI bobgaf

Thanks
    Al
    The only requirement in Eircom's Terms and Conditoins is that written notice be given. Why is the necessary address information not readily available so that a customer can comply with Eircom's Terms and Conditons?  Eircom have no right to require a customer to ring them to obtain this information.
    Hi bobgaf

Just to clarify for you - A call is required to clarify what charges may apply if in contract and by what method notification is required depending on the type of account.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dub45 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Regards, bobgaf
    HI bobgaf

Thanks
    Al
    Hi bobgaf

Just to clarify for you - A call is required to clarify what charges may apply if in contract and by what method notification is required depending on the type of account.

Thanks
    Al
    There is no such requirement in the Eircom Terms and Conditions. 

So when you say it is "required" where is this requirement provided for?  There is nothing whatsoever to stop Eircom informing the customer in writing of any such potential charges when they get the written notification from the customer as "required" in Eircom's Terms and Conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I didn't think there was any requirement for Eircom to be told you are leaving. afaik you just tell the new company you want to be changed over to using their service and leave them to sort it out.

Advertisement