Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have any experience with Scan or Overclockers?

Options
  • 02-07-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

As the title says, has anyone had any experience with these guys? They do some pretty good sales and a few have some parts not available on Hardwareversand, and was just wondering if the shipping was worth it.
    Thanks for the help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vade

I actually order the majority of my stuff from them and anytime I ran into an issue it was actually with DPD and not them, I have even returned quite a bit of stuff and never had any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Vade wrote: »
    I actually order the majority of my stuff from them and anytime I ran into an issue it was actually with DPD and not them, I have even returned quite a bit of stuff and never had any trouble.

Did you find the postage was expensive or on par with other companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vade

From OCUK the shipping works out to be about €14 or so and that's a 2-day delivery so I always found it fair, SCAN is about the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Overclockers send you free jellies, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Have used both and both are great. Exchange rate for Sterling right now is a pain in the hole though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Regularly order from OCUK, really good company with great after sales service.

Ordered once from Scan and had to RMA item, was hassle free and again good after sales service.

Would recommend both, although as above, Euro in the pits at the moment, not a great time to be buying from UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

most of the stuff i get is either from Scan or overclockers . both provide a top notch service . scan is usually a tad cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Thanks for the info!
    It is a pity the Euro is struggling so bad against the Sterling though... I mean HDVS is almost €60 cheaper for the R9 390

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Used Scan a while back. Zero complaints, nice and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Str4ngeBr3w

Used Scan and eBuyer a dozen times, eBuyer changed their overseas return policy so I stopped using them however I've never had any issues with Scan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info!
    It is a pity the Euro is struggling so bad against the Sterling though... I mean HDVS is almost €60 cheaper for the R9 390

And it doesn't look like its going to pick up anytime soon either :'(

Had plans to do a few bits to the PC, but have knocked it on the head and will see whats what at Christmas. Was pretty blessed I got my CPU second hand in perfect nick from adverts for a good price.

Irish sites looking for 380-400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

My last PC build was got from scan.co.uk & my last GPU was from Overclockers.co.uk.
    Delivery time was fast, both were reasonable with postage charges, and both use DPD for delivery.
    Scan charges about €18, and overclockers are very reasonable at about €10

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

I built my PC from Scan and have ordered from them on numerous occasions. Contact was very quick with them (replies to emails within an hour). Can recommend. 5* service. Very happy customer and will be back again.

Advertisement