Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Revoked then Cleared but never actually closed

Options
  • 02-07-2015 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I once had a credit card with Bank Of Ireland that I believe was revoked at one point for reasons I'm not really sure of. However, I know that I definitely immediately cleared the entire card, and figured that was job done.

Unfortunately, this interfering with a mortgage application that I'm making with another bank because the ICB appear to believe that the card is actually still open and has not been cleared :( I don't know how this can be, as I've checked 365 and the balance has been 0 for months. 

What the mortgage bank have said is that if I can provide a letter from BoI stating that the card was cleared and then closed, they'll be able to continue with the application, so I'm wondering if someone here will be able to help me out with a letter stating this? 

I'm available via PM to supply my phone number and all other details as required. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

MJohnston wrote: »
    Hi, I once had a credit card with Bank Of Ireland that I believe was revoked at one point for reasons I'm not really sure of. However, I know that I definitely immediately cleared the entire card, and figured that was job done.

Unfortunately, this interfering with a mortgage application that I'm making with another bank because the ICB appear to believe that the card is actually still open and has not been cleared :( I don't know how this can be, as I've checked 365 and the balance has been 0 for months. 

What the mortgage bank have said is that if I can provide a letter from BoI stating that the card was cleared and then closed, they'll be able to continue with the application, so I'm wondering if someone here will be able to help me out with a letter stating this? 

I'm available via PM to supply my phone number and all other details as required. Thanks in advance!
    Hi MJohnston,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

As we don't have account access here, it would be best to contact Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251 / 00353 56 775 7303 and a representative will be happy to look into this further for you.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Advertisement