Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight accommodation near Drumcondra

Options
  • 02-07-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, just wondering if any of you could recommend a reasonably priced decent B & B or hotel in or around Drumcondra for tomorrow night, Friday?

Not sure of actual numbers yet but myself and the missus have a wake to go to followed by the funeral on Saturday. We might have another couple with us but that has to be confirmed. We're not really that fussy so anything half decent would do us.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The skylon is slap bang in the middle of Drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The skylon is slap bang in the middle of Drumcondra
    I was doing a wee bit of searching earlier but unfortunately they're booked out tomorrow night. Not the cheapest either even if they had rooms available. Thanks for the suggestion though.

There will be 4 of us going and a wee change of plan now may be to look for somewhere slightly north of and out of the city a bit...maybe Ashbourne or that general area. 20- 30 mins drive in the car would get us to our destination then.

The Ardmore hotel on the Finglas road (Dont pay heed to what people may say about the area) might be another option. Its slightly more north than Drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

The Ardmore hotel on the Finglas road (Dont pay heed to what people may say about the area) might be another option. Its slightly more north than Drumcondra

The Ardmore Hotel is closed; they are converting it into a nursing home. There are a couple of nice hotels in Ashbourne. Or the Carlton at the Airport is fairly decent.

The Ardmore Hotel is closed; they are converting it into a nursing home. There are a couple of nice hotels in Ashbourne. Or the Carlton at the Airport is fairly decent.
    No way! I was only at a christening there last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

How cheap do you want? There's plenty of 'hotels'/hostels on Gardiner St. It's not walking distance but what you save on your hotel bill will pay for a taxi.

Maybe try The Maples on Iona Rd? http://www.mapleshotel.com/

If the funeral is in Glasnevin Cemetery, try searching for b&b's on Botanic Rd/Avenue, Prospect Rd, Mobhi Rd, Homefarm Rd & maybe Ballymun Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Check with DCU, they rent their student accommodation out during the summer. I have stayed there before and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dubwat wrote: »
    Maybe try The Maples on Iona Rd? http://www.mapleshotel.com/
    Looked at that earlier and was booked out also.
    Dubwat wrote: »
    If the funeral is in Glasnevin Cemetery, try searching for b&b's on Botanic Rd/Avenue, Prospect Rd, Mobhi Rd, Homefarm Rd & maybe Ballymun Road.
    Funeral mass is at a chapel in Marino on Saturday morning and then its all the way back here to Donegal for the burial

There are a couple of nice hotels in Ashbourne.
    Yup! Got booked into the Resident's Hotel which is aptly named. :) 2 Double rooms at €115 per room incl breakfast is good enough. From memory I think we can hit Drumcondra from Ashbourne in about 30 mins or less so happy with that.

Thanks everyone for all the replies. Much appreciated.

Advertisement