Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD REPEATS HELP

Options
  • 02-07-2015 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone. I had a bit of a setback during my first year of college when my father died unexpectedly in April and I began to not go to any of my lectures or do assignments. I understand that this is not an excuse for doing badly in my exams and I shouldn't use it as an excuse. But I failed every single one of my exams due to not studying and not really caring. Does this mean I have to repeat the year or would there be a chance for me to do the repeats during Christmas exams? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

You'll have to repeat the semester at least. I think the college name for it is Stage X. Talk to your program office.

With circumstances such as your own they should be very understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Talk to your Programme Office. You may be able to apply for IXs for your modules due to your extenuating circumstances. This means that you won't be capped when you resit the modules. Contact them ASAP as there are closing dates for the extenuating circumstances applications.

Advertisement