Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't view videos and pictures

• 02-07-2015 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi,
    I can't watch some of my videos I have in my iPhone. Also some of my pictures are blurry even thought they weren't previously. All of these were taken by me and were working fine up until lately. My phone is an iPhone 5c and I recently updated it. As I said some work and some don't so I don't understand why this is?? Older videos and pictures I can see and watch perfectly and my newer videos and pictures are fine but it's the pictures and videos in the middle from around December of last year to April of this year are blurry and the videos won't play.. Anyone know why this would be or if there is anything I can do to fix it??

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I presume you're taking about the Photos app in iOS 8? Are you backing them up to iCloud?

Do you have a data connection?
    In Settings>Photos and Camera is the option "Download and keep originals" ticked?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

5uspect wrote: »
    I presume you're taking about the Photos app in iOS 8? Are you backing them up to iCloud?

Do you have a data connection?
    In Settings>Photos and Camera is the option "Download and keep originals" ticked?

Yes it's the photos app in iOS 8.
    No that isn't ticked, should I tick it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Photos will use up a lot more space on your device if you (I assume you have iCloud Photo Library enabled).

Afaik once you open a photo it should download the full res version. Sounds like you may have a connection issue.

Photos will use up a lot more space on your device if you (I assume you have iCloud Photo Library enabled).

Afaik once you open a photo it should download the full res version. Sounds like you may have a connection issue.
    Yes I have the iCloud Photo Library enabled.
    Some do download to full resolution but some don't and some videos won't play at all whereas some play perfectly..
    What do you mean by a connection issue?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The phone might not be able to connect to iCloud or it might slow downloading. Try restarting and wait and see if it resolves itself.

Also log into iCloud.com and see if the full resolution photos are stored there.

• Advertisement

The phone might not be able to connect to iCloud or it might slow downloading. Try restarting and wait and see if it resolves itself.

Also log into iCloud.com and see if the full resolution photos are stored there.
    Ok I restarted and I can now see the pictures in full res and the videos are playing although it does take quite a while for them to download fully which is quite annoying.
    Thanks for your help!

MusSpo13 wrote: »
    Ok I restarted and I can now see the pictures in full res and the videos are playing although it does take quite a while for them to download fully which is quite annoying.
    Enabling "Download and keep originals” as 5uspect suggested will eliminate this — everything will be kept permanently on your device in full resolution. But as I said, this will use up a lot of space, which you may not have anymore. It depends how big your photo library is.

Personally I think the optimise storage option is a great feature, but then I’ve only got a 16GB iPhone. :D

Advertisement