Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Beast In The East WWE NETWORK Exclusive 10.30am 04/07 *spoilers*

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How long d'ye think they'll be given for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess Cena gets the main event spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

An File wrote: »
    How long d'ye think they'll be given for this?

Long enough to cancel every other match hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

What's with the flowers ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Is that a fan dressed as curry man in the front row ?

Owens is such a great old fashioned heel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, he's great.

Owens is such a great old fashioned heel.

Arguably the best heel in the business today. Him throwing the flowers was brilliant.

• Advertisement

Fantastic match! New champ! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

martyos121 wrote: »
    Arguably the best heel in the business today. Him throwing the flowers was brilliant.
    My favourite bit was "Are you not entertained? I don't care, I hate this country and everyone in it!"

YESSSS! Delighted with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

If JBL was here he'd describe it as like an All Ireland win for Wicklow

Great to see him hit the Bloody Sunday in Japan too, that should've been the finish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Thought this was a 2 hour event? That would mean 3 matches in 35 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

That was excellent!

paulie21 wrote: »
    Thought this was a 2 hour event? That would mean 3 matches in 35 minutes

The Lucha Dragons match happened before it went live, same with the Cesaro match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Good match, not as good as I hoped. Not sure I like that Demon garbage, very Jeff Hardy. Am I the only one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Absolutely brilliant match, much more of a contest and actual fight than Owens Cena, incredible!

Why the hell is this the main event, could have easily been the 2nd to main!

• Advertisement

I think it's a shame they didn't have the wwe champ on the show.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

martyos121 wrote: »
    The Lucha Dragons match happened before it went live, same with the Cesaro match.

How did Ceasro get on, does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Wonder if we'll see Owens again tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Good match, not as good as I hoped. Not sure I like that Demon garbage, very Jeff Hardy. Am I the only one?

I don't think it's clicked tbh. His gimmick is bodypaint, he's kinda come across as a Great Muta impersonator. I'm not sure that he's fully adjusted to the WWE style. The match with Owens was good, I'd say very good, imo 4 stars, but right now I think he's over based on reputation and an elaborate entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Absolutely brilliant match, much more of a contest and actual fight than Owens Cena, incredible!

Why the hell is this the main event, could have easily been the 2nd to main!

Great match this is such an anti-climax now.

Cole and Saxton trending. What.

An File wrote: »
    How did Ceasro get on, does anybody know?
    Cesaro won by submission according to wikipedia. I wonder did he use the Sharpshooter.

I assume Owens interferes here given how much they're talking about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

ricero wrote: »
    What's with the flowers ?

Japanese title match tradition

Sneaky "too sweet" by Finn on the way back up the ramp as well.

Great match.

When I think of Cena vs Kane, classic isn't the word that springs to mind Cole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I don't think it's clicked tbh. His gimmick is bodypaint, he's kinda come across as a Great Muta impersonator. I'm not sure that he's fully adjusted to the WWE style. The match with Owens was good, I'd say very good, imo 4 stars, but right now I think he's over based on reputation and an elaborate entrance.

All due respect guys, not sure where ye come from with them! That was a great match and Balor is fantastic. He has everything.

This event feels like it has turned into Smackdown with a tag match main event. Balor/Owens match should have been the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

All due respect guys, not sure where ye come from with them! That was a great match and Balor is fantastic. He has everything.

This event feels like it has turned into Smackdown with a tag match main event. Balor/Owens match should have been the main event.

It was a very good match but I think great is going overboard, definitely not a MOTYC. Like practically every other Irish person I love Devitt, he's a sublime talent but if you were 100% unaware of him before his WWE run and were to judge him solely based on that thus far I think you'd just feel kinda "meh" about him.

I can see your point but I do think he's getting better all the time and he's very impressive in the ring. Not 100% sold on his finisher though to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Saw the Jericho Neville match and the bit I saw Neville looked good despite the result. Spoilered myself as I went onto the network just as the Owens balor match finished which was a bit of a disaster :mad: so it's cena and Ziegler against wade Barrett and who ? I'm not on the network.

Also I'm sure it's been said in this thread but is it weird watching a WWE "PPV" in daylight live ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just watched the match there, excellant i taught and even though i was 90% sure of the outcome it didnt stop me feeling a bit jiggy when balor won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Well this main event is pretty boring.

The crowd is dead for Cena and Ziggler. Stupid to have it on last.

Cena must be sick that Nikki was on the card. The Japanese women in the crowd are gagging for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

ricero wrote: »
    I think it's a shame they didn't have the wwe champ on the show.

Rollins is elsewhere working with a different crew. Pretty sure that the Japan shows we're booked before they decided to have it filmed for the Network (and I guess whatever TV channel they're on in Japan)

• Advertisement

Weird that they go out with a replay of Balor celebrating. Why not have it on last?!

For a second there I was sure I saw Curry Man in the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

It was like they forgot to end the PPV and televised the Dark match!!

Angron wrote: »
    For a second there I was sure I saw Curry Man in the crowd.

It's a fan dressed up as Curry Man. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Under what section can I find this on the network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It was good but I've seen better from both. Could be the fact that Michael Cole and BYRON SAXTON were announcing that harmed it for me. Hideao Kentami/Finn should be a good time, hopefully they'll do it on that Summerslam show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought Balor/Owens was great. I'm delighted Finn has the title now.

It will be fascinating now to see when they debut him on the main roster. You would think it must be close. I hope it's Summerslam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It will be fascinating now to see when they debut him on the main roster. You would think it must be close. I hope it's Summerslam.

I genuinely thought those "Finn Bálor Arrives" vignettes were for his main roster call up. But they used them to hype up this match to boost NXT because of Zayn and Itami's injuries!

I could be mad wrong but that's just the way they looked to me!

You could be right. "Arrives" makes more sense in that context, they were like an introduction to him. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Itami and Zayn's injuries delayed his call up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I turned it off after Balor and Owens didn't even think there was another match on , I did i'm glad now I did in hindsight ridiculous to have a thrown together tag match as the main event that could have been an opener

To do what? He should stay in Nxt for a good while. Kevin Owens has raised the bar so much its almost an impossible job now to make the transition successful. Finn could easily go the way of Adam Rose and The Ascension. Neville is starting to struggle also. Patience, timing and the right opponent is what's needed not throw him into Summerslam because he's Irish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement