Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Beast In The East WWE NETWORK Exclusive 10.30am 04/07 *spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Never really saw much in Neville to be honest. Charisma black hole. Would be great for an Auf Wiedersehn Pet reboot playing Bomber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Never really saw much in Neville to be honest. Charisma black hole. Would be great for an Auf Wiedersehn Pet reboot playing Bomber.

Either did I but can you honestly say at the moment that Finn would connect with the "wwe universe"?. I can't. Nxt is a different world because the fans are so try hard. They would probably chant this is awesome if I walked to the ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If Tugboat walked that aisle again I know I'd mark out. The NXT worship is a bit much alright, especially the infallible work of the women, it's pretty creepy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Lesnar near corpsing...I was nearly sending for the man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also I'm sure it's been said in this thread but is it weird watching a WWE "PPV" in daylight live ?

Yeah when reading through I kept expecting to see "I'm off to bed" or "Who's staying up for this?"

Lesnar match just felt weird considering the event was pretty much based on him.

Great to see Balor win. Though I thought he kind of hinted at the win when he smiled just before going into his final set of moves.

What better way to end a Network live event than a main event with Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Triple h such a class act. Fair play to him and how well nxt is doing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The NXT title should have main evented but Vince would never let nxt rise about his wwe product and stars despite nxt being far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Great show I thought. Stripped own productions gave the show a unique flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Loved the Opener because the winner was an unknown, cos I've never seen this match before and cos I think they worked well together but especially they worked off the crowd well and it was the crowd that perhaps made me like this as an opener even more.

The Divas were alright no real complaints although not really wowed either.

Brock was the titular beast in the east and destroyed Kofi. I was a little surprised New Day were not out there from the start and thought it could have been a good way to warm up for the constant interference from J&J / Kane at the next PPV but whatever I always love a good Brock beat down.

Both Brock and Owens/Balor got great little promo packages before their matches too and Balor's entrance is always interesting and then the streamers and flowers were so unique in a WWE setting but damn Owens is a great heel (yet it was such a simple move) throwing the flowers amongst other things as the match progressed.

Great match (not saying MOTY but great stuff) with some nice little touches like Devitt hitting Bloody Sunday which the announcers acknowledged although interestingly not by name. They really had the crowd sucked in and as a result everyone watching too i'd assume. Tatsumi Fujinami coming out after was a nice touch albeit very short lived before Owens heeling out of the building. Finn too sweating was fun too, I was wondering if his boys would be visable in the crowd... not for me anyway

Why in gods name was that not the main event?!?

Byron "I don't think Tokyo is very impressed with King Barret!" him teaming with Kane out next after Balor.... now there is the definition of anti climax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Loughc wrote: »
    The NXT title should have main evented but Vince would never let nxt rise about his wwe product and stars despite nxt being far superior.

Yeah the tag match was a serious anti-climax.
    If it is a case of WWE thinking the show needs to end with the someone like Cena involved, throwing him in the title match might have been a idea? would have made sense anyway given his feud with Owens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Tugboats wrote: »
    To do what? He should stay in Nxt for a good while. Kevin Owens has raised the bar so much its almost an impossible job now to make the transition successful. Finn could easily go the way of Adam Rose and The Ascension. Neville is starting to struggle also. Patience, timing and the right opponent is what's needed not throw him into Summerslam because he's Irish.

He should only stay in NXT long term if there is a benefit to him/WWE and Owens has not raised any bar. Owens is booked strong as his talent commanded, nothing new there, Shield were treated the same.

The other NXT guys mentioned also went as far as their talent could so were called up. They were all booked in a way that made them settle into a positon WWE felt they should fill. I wouldn't argue against any of those spots.

Finns obvious talent and record mean he will deserve good booking upon debut. He will have to back it up like Owens and Shield members did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

rovert wrote: »

Maybe Rollins can ask Sable for tips on how to deal with Lesnar when hes coming hard.....

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Saw it mentioned twitter and saw it in the broadcast.

The fan with the "I'm deaf" sign. Why is this funny??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Surprised to say it, but Michael Cole did a hell of a job in commentary for this show. Well researched, called the matches properly.

Jericho has himself destroyed with botox. When he was selling some of the offence, you couldn't tell by looking at his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Loughc wrote:

I know what you mean but I honestly think everyone underestimates how big Cena is worldwide. The streamers for Balor, as cool as it was was obviously planted to a small extent.

People seem to keep saying Devitt is a much bigger star in Japan than anyone else on the roster. Which is pretty much wrong in every aspect. There were people covered head to toe in Cena merch all over the front row. If Balor was a top draw then they would sell out the sumo hall. Not taking anything away from balor cos I'm a huge fan. But to say WWE are doing a disservice to him by having his match before Cena's tag match when he is an NXT star as it is, plus having Brock Lesnar on before him (whom the show was named after) is just ignorant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

But the crowd wasn't into that tag team match at all. They were certainly into the NXT Title match tho. I get your point about Cena but they should have had a proper main event and not a throwaway Smackdown-esque tag match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Cena got a huge pop on his entrance too, I'd say a lot of fans were there for him, as hard as that may seem to a lot of WWE hardcore fans.

I still don't understand Owens losing cleanly. I was also waiting for him to interrupt Cena's match. Overall it was good until the tag match, which really did seem like Smackdown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement