Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nore Asian street food

Options
  • 02-07-2015 6:54pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

** title should read food, not found ****

As ye have probably guessed I love eating out in Kilkenny.

Got to eat in the above place this evening. A nice twist on yer regular Chineese. Nice decor, good food and you get to make you own cone at the end of it.

Only downfall was the prawn crackers, nice to get them included, but they were rubbish and I was eating in so there was no need for them in a plastic bag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Love that place. Bit pricier than say Charlie's in Dublin, but Defo better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Went once, wont be back. Asked for panang curry and got breaded chicken in some type of a sweet sauce. Sent it back as we thought they gave us the wrong order. Waitress checked with the chef and this was apparently the correct order. It wasn't even related to any curry let alone a panang.

Pity, as we were just back from thailand and actually cooked panang curry in a cooking course we did.

Back to the Bula Bus for some proper street food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

bennyob wrote: »
    Went once, wont be back. Asked for panang curry and got breaded chicken in some type of a sweet sauce. Sent it back as we thought they gave us the wrong order. Waitress checked with the chef and this was apparently the correct order. It wasn't even related to any curry let alone a panang.

Pity, as we were just back from thailand and actually cooked panang curry in a cooking course we did.

Its not a panang curry, its penang.. I think they are different in that panang is Thai and Penang is Malaysian.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

PaulKK wrote: »
    Its not a panang curry, its penang.. I think they are different in that panang is Thai and Penang is Malaysian.

I believe there the same. My understanding that it is southern thailand dish. It takes it influences from people who have migrated into thailand over the years from countries to its south. This includes malasyia.

bennyob wrote: »

Where's Bula Bus?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

road_high wrote: »
    Where's Bula Bus?

Billy Byrne's

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Have been a number of times and the food as always been excellent. Haven't got the same meal twice 😀

Never Neen to Thailand so can't compare. Bula Bus is brilliant too

Billy Byrne's

Is that out back? I've only had bar food there and less said about that the better...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

road_high wrote: »
    Is that out back? I've only had bar food there and less said about that the better...

Yes

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have eating here a few times. Always enjoyed the food. But this is just a head up for anyone with a food Allergy

But the other day i got a massaman chicken curry and was grand but a few hours later i can out in huge red spots all over my body thanks to it. As they must have used a fish stock or something in as i have a extremely bad Allergy to seafood ended up in A and E a few years ago thanks to it.

Always eat massaman curry and this is the 1st time that i have came out in big red spots all over me thanks to it. As i always ask in Asian cooking is there anything to do with fish in the sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have eating here a few times. Always enjoyed the food. But this is just a head up for anyone with a food Allergy

But the other day i got a massaman chicken curry and was grand but a few hours later i can out in huge red spots all over my body thanks to it. As they must have used a fish stock or something in as i have a extremely bad Allergy to seafood ended up in A and E a few years ago thanks to it.

Always eat massaman curry and this is the 1st time that i have came out in big red spots all over me thanks to it. As i always ask in Asian cooking is there anything to do with fish in the sauce.
    Were you told there was no fish based ingredients in the food? Massaman curry typically includes shrimp paste and fish sauce as do many other Thai recipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Were you told there was no fish based ingredients in the food? Massaman curry typically includes shrimp paste and fish sauce as do many other Thai recipes.

Yes i was told there is no fish based ingredients in it when i ordered as i always make sure to ask when eating Thai Food as if i am eating a pad thai i always make sure they use soy over Fish sauce.

I have been tasted for a food Allergys the time i went into hospital for my reaction and was told never to eat any kind of sea food and shellfish again.

Advertisement