Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexico from San Diego

Options
  • 02-07-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello all,

Going over to California on July 13th for a few weeks once I'm finished placement. My boyfriend has been in San Diego all summer and we want to go away ourselves somewhere nice! So we were thinking of going to Mexico for a few days. What places near the border would be nice/cheap as we don't want to travel too far from the states.

I was researching over the weekend and saw some nice hotels in Rosarito and Ensenada? We were thinking of getting the trolley from San Diego across the border then renting a car in Mexico. Do we need any special kind of visa or just our Irish passports? I am going over on a holiday visa to the states and he's on a j1 if that makes any difference!

Would love some tips/ advice. We are both 21 but not looking for anywhere crazy just somewhere nice and quiet to just chill for a few days :) thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Been across to Tijuana from San Diego in the past. Didn't need a special visa, just got the trolley over. That was about 7 years ago. A few years later while in San Diego my mates who live there told me it wasn't safe to cross anymore but i think that was a particularly bad time for crime and may have calmed down now as I haven't heard anything in a while.
    My old boss in the states used to go to Baja California, Mexico on holidays and loved it so I reckon it s nice spot.

Advertisement