Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Dublin to Tayto Park

Options
  • 02-07-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know if a bus goes from the city to Tayto park, thinking of going there on Saturday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Just wondering does anyone know if a bus goes from the city to Tayto park, thinking of going there on Saturday?

Hmm, if only Tayto park had a website with an about us/ FAQs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

From their website:

"Is there a bus From Dublin to Tayto Park , what cost and what times?

Yes , Bus Eirean provides a daily service that departs from Berford place. For more details pleaes visit the Bus Eireann website."

https://ecommerce.buseireann.ie/asp/eTicket_SelectTicket.asp?gclid=CN3KwNSyisUCFYNl2wod2DEAmg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A limited number of Bus Éireann route 103 services do it.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1337780276-103.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I found this thread while looking up travel details to Tayto Park from Dublin City Centre and thought I would add in some more details as I just made the journey myself and the details online were lacking.

First, Bus Eireann has nothing about the Tayto park journey on their website. You can find by Googling that routes 103 and 105 go to Tayto Park but nothing else. Also, you cannot buy tickets for the journey online nor can you but them from the automated kiosks at Busaras. I found out everything other than the route numbers I found online from a security guard at Busaras and the bus driver of the 103 route who was very nice and extremely helpful.

The 103 only travels to Tayto park at 9:58, 12:58, 14:58, and 17:58. None of the other 103 busses go there so if you are going to grab the 103 direct from Dublin City Centre you have to get one of these from Beresford place (Gardiner Street, next to SIPTU).

The 105 runs every 20 minutes to Tayto Park but does not go to Dublin City Centre. The trick is to either get one of the 103s that go the entire way OR you can get any of the other 103s and get off in Ashbourne. We were advised to get off at Ashbourne (AIB) going TO Tayto Park and then take the next 105 which arrived about 5 minutes to the stop in Ashbourne after we were dropped off and took us directly to the park.

Coming back you can again take one of the few 103s direct leaving at 10:00, 13:00, 15:00, 18:00 or get any of the 105s running every 20 minutes to Tayto Park back to the stop at Ashbourne (Kellys) and then again wait a few minutes for any of the 103s that will take you right to Dublin City Centre. Ashbourne (AIB) and Ashbourne (Kellys) are the same place, just different sides of the street heading different ways. It's a good stop to switch at as its covered with a bench and is next to a Garda Station, bank, McDonalds, and Tesco on the main street in Ashbourne.

Also note the only way to get tickets is from the driver. If you buy a return ticket you can do the whole 103/105 switch without any added costs. It's at the time of writing this €10 for an adult return, (€8.70 return on my Leap Card), and €5.20 for a childs return. The price is very good even without getting the online discount and the route takes a little less than an hour and the drivers could not be nicer or more helpful.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this as I spent a good bit of time trying to find all this out myself but there is, at the time of writing this, little information out there online about getting from the city centre to Tayto Park and someone out there like myself who likes to plan everything in advance might find it useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Very informative post, thank you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement