Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So anyone think the club are going to get the signings in fir preseason starting tomorrow? Surprisingly I don't think the club is going to achieve that target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,475 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

So anyone think the club are going to get the signings in fir preseason starting tomorrow? Surprisingly I don't think the club is going to achieve that target.

It's like 2013 all over again.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    It's like 2013 all over again.

But this summer is different. No need to be concerned about the lack of movement. None at all. You'd have to be a child to think that maybe Woodward isn't the best at sealing transfers in a timely manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Choo..........

Nevermind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

yawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

City have signed Pogba, de Bruyne and Sterling, United only Depay.
    Well that is the impression given by some...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

yawn

Sunday morning in the middle of summer and they are at it.

What a horrible existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

We have a choo choo the quad is ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What about a cheeky bid for Gotze his agent making a few comments about his playing time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Guardian are saying Van Persie has agree personal terms with Fenerbache

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What about a cheeky bid for Gotze his agent making a few comments about his playing time

He is undoubtedly a great player, but we already have one of him in Juan Mata, and our system doesn't even get the very best out of him. Pace as well as technical ability is what we need in our forward signings this summer, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lads I'll be driving this positivity train right to Manchester station all summer long. Hop on, hop off. I don't really care. I don't even know why I wrote this. Annnyway. Anna Kendrick is a fine thing.

J. Marston wrote: »

Just on this. He gets angry at his publicist because they want to end the interview early.
    He says do they want him to be rude to the people with questions and they will have to deal with it.

Unless you're saying the publicist is the tool?
    Something tells me it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rule 1 of Superthread: though shalt not question Utds transfer policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No point in BS here but I would like signings done before tour but at end of day I rather wait a bit and get the right quality then buying to keep everyone happy. We are ambitious and going after big targets, that has be welcome for a start.

Deals are done or close I reckon, just need be little calm imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Lads I'll be driving this positivity train right to Manchester station all summer long. Hop on, hop off. I don't really care. I don't even know why I wrote this. Annnyway. Anna Kendrick is a fine thing.

That's the boi magic
    Confidence
    I'm on the train
    #choo****ingchoobitches
    #PositivityTrain
    #godblessAnnaKendrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Angel Di Maria was injured and Marcos Rojo was also on the receiving end of a shock result in the Copa America final - but there was joy for former Manchester United striker Angelo Henriquez who featured for the winning team Chile.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Jul/angel-di-maria-injured-and-marcos-rojo-also-starts-for-argentina-in-copa-america-final-against-chile.aspx

Hes gone so...

He was registered with the PL as being under contract for next season?

Ah well we are great at transfers. Choo choo they just forgot to tell anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/617467128858476544

I don't think the club even know if they own him anymore or not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Henriquez signed a contract with Dinamo Zagreb in January to make the transfer permanent this summer. Fee was €1.5M.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Duncan Castle should be banned from being mentioned in this thread. As mentioned above he is just a WUM and everything he says in relation to the club is to piss off United fans. And he throws a lot of shít at the wall hoping some will stick so he looks right.

I'm surprised that somebody above his head at the Times hasn't had a word with him yet. Very unprofessional work for a paper with such a good rep. He's pretty sinister about it all as well, the hatred runs deep.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Henriquez signed a contract with Dinamo Zagreb in January to make the transfer permanent this summer. Fee was €1.5M.

Then why was Angelo Henriquez on our retained list? http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/squad-lists/premier-league-professional-retained-list-2014-2015.pdf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

But this summer is different. No need to be concerned about the lack of movement. None at all. You'd have to be a child to think that maybe Woodward isn't the best at sealing transfers in a timely manner.

Can't blame you for the above since you get so much grief but it is the kind of post that will make others look past the actual points your making and just shout 'baby'.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Can't blame you for the above since you get so much grief but it is the kind of post that will make others look past the actual points your making and just shout 'baby'.

they do it anyway - i've tried explaining my point of view in detail many times, and why I think the way I do - all I get is "You need to grow up blah blah blah". Some people just don't like to discuss United negatively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

No point in BS here but I would like signings done before tour but at end of day I rather wait a bit and get the right quality then buying to keep everyone happy. We are ambitious and going after big targets, that has be welcome for a start.

Deals are done or close I reckon, just need be little calm imo

More positivity please.:D:D

We may not have the deals done yet (or maybe we do :cool:) but either way i'm confident the club will bring in the right players. Not many clubs around Europe have done big business yet. It's been a month for rumours and gossip

Thats the sqaud list for last season. Henriquez was a Utd player last season who was on loan. The contract he signed January now takes effect and he is no longer a Utd player.

Thats the sqaud list for last season. Henriquez was a Utd player last season who was on loan. The contract he signed January now takes effect and he is no longer a Utd player.

Thats actually this years, the retained list is published the third week of May at the end of every year and informs of those under contract and those released. But I found from the official site that he has joined Zagreb.

Thats actually this years, the retained list is published the third week of May at the end of every year and informs of those under contract and those released. But I found from the official site that he has joined Zagreb.

Ok its a list as of 28 May. Henriquez was a Utd player as of 28 May. He was then sold for a fee of €1.5M which was pre-agreed at the beginning of his loan. Dinamo Zagreb decided to activate and sign off on the permanent transfer in January. It has now taken effect this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Between international duty, preparing for weddings, going on honeymoon and having a little break after honeymoons, maybe some players just haven't had the time to finalise deals......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

He was registered with the PL as being under contract for next season?

Ah well we are great at transfers. Choo choo they just forgot to tell anyone.

I'm afraid we have patented the term 'Choo Choo' and will ask that you refrain from using it in a mocking way in future. Perhaps you could use the term 'Boo hoo' instead.

Regards,
    Members of the Positivity Train.

I'm afraid we have patented the term 'Choo Choo' and will ask that you refrain from using it in a mocking way in future. Perhaps you could use the term 'Boo hoo' instead.

Regards,
    Members of the Positivity Train.

Hey I was agreeing? Thomas The Tank Engine is what we badly needed last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

adox wrote: »
    Duncan Castle in The Times is saying that Ramos wants to sign a new contract with Madrid and Schneiderlin prefers a move to Arsenal.

He is saying that Schneiderlin has told friends that he would prefer to work with Wenger. He apparently prefers Arsenal's "more settled style of play" & staying in the South of England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,409 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Do United just give players to clubs and say "ah sure lads pay us what you have". I mean alright he never pulled up any trees at United but a 21 year old Chile international who bangs in the goals for them and €1.5m? Isn't that significantly less than was originally paid for him?

Liam O wrote: »
    Do United just give players to clubs and say "ah sure lads pay us what you have". I mean alright he never pulled up any trees at United but a 21 year old Chile international who bangs in the goals for them and €1.5m? Isn't that significantly less than was originally paid for him?

Fee Utd paid was said to be about £4M. As part of the loan Zagreb had first refusal on him and that fee must have been agreed prior to the loan too. Henriquez then went and banged in the goals prompting Zagreb sign off on it in January given the bargain price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,409 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fee Utd paid was said to be about £4M. As part of the loan Zagreb had first refusal on him and that fee must have been agreed prior to the loan too. Henriquez then went and banged in the goals prompting Zagreb sign off on it in January given the bargain price.

It could have course be possible that he refused it no? With the earlier article it's doubtful though I guess...

• Advertisement

It could have course be possible that he refused it no? With the earlier article it's doubtful though I guess...

I go by what was said from the horse's mouth. Dinamo boss Zoran Mamic said in January to HRSport;
    "We got him with the right of first refusal -- he cost us 1.5 million euros. We already signed the contract with him [beginning] from the summer. There's no dilemma any more: he's ours and that's final."

Henriquez himself wasn't keen on making it a full signing earlier in the year, apparently. So maybe he still is a United player because of that.

Don't see he need to haggle over a few million or so for a player we don't need.
    Utd don't seem to be that club that holds back players and dosent respect what they want.
    They don't really stand in there way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I know i read it on Redcafe and someone posted it here awhile ago that Henriquez wasn't sold.

Nine players' loans away from the club have expired – namely Sam Johnstone, Reece James, Saidy Janko, Guillermo Varela, Jesse Lingard, Nani, Angelo Henriquez, Javier Hernandez and Will Keane. Janko departed permanently on Wednesday for Celtic, while Henriquez has joined loan club Dinamo Zagreb on a permanent basis.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Jul/manchester-united-first-team-squad-player-profiles.aspx?pageNo=1

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I've only seen Darmian with Italy. Mostly World Cup so that's only three games, if I remember right he started at right back for all of those so he clearly must be good.

Anyone follow Italian football able to say how good he is? We need a right back so I would be all for it. Do people who have watched a lot of him reckon he'd be a big improvement to team?

He is very good attacking defender. On Serie A team of the year 2014. We paid just under €2m for him in 2013, sell for €20m would be nice business, but we should be keeping him.

And for the Spanish speaking contingent here, you can listen to Henriquez confirming hes leaving Utd for Zagreb on Chilean radio here. interview starts 13 minutes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Otamendi's agent said he won't be going to Madrid to replace Ramos and that he will be already at another club before Ramos leaves

Otamendi's agent said he won't be going to Madrid to replace Ramos and that he will be already at another club before Ramos leaves

MS24.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Any truth in the rumoured quotes from LvG that he's happy with current Utd squad and there's no value in the market?

:D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Any truth in the rumoured quotes from LvG that he's happy with current Utd squad and there's no value in the market?

:D:o

Hmmm not sure if serious???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

they do it anyway - i've tried explaining my point of view in detail many times, and why I think the way I do - all I get is "You need to grow up blah blah blah". Some people just don't like to discuss United negatively.

Hey Mitch. I don't think its a case that people don't want to discuss United negatively, I think there's a few patterns that start to become a little tedious on this thread for a few posters (usually ends up in those beautiful nsfw pics though - which is nice..............very nice!)

You posted the below

I'm not sure what you expect or want to come from this post.

* A civil honest discussion on Woodward and his team\colleagues capabilities in signing players?
    * A solution to Manchester United's so called Man Utd transfer fee tax where the fees get bumped up and their geographic position in the UK?
    * Why there's a delay in signings this summer after the manager stating he'd prefer to have most of the deals done by now?

Surely this has been done to death no? Even if it hasn't I think there's better ways of phrasing it that don't come across as moany, negative, angry etc. Like suggesting why you think its not happening and asking do others agree. Very few people want to hear\read things like "Woodward again, shiit as usual" "clubs fooked and we're doomed" "no signings I'm depressed".

Arsenal have signed one player, Chelsea two, Spurs two, Man City none (as far as I'm aware) Stoke one :p It can't all be that bad!

Its like sitting beside the old man in the bar who'll do nothing but state the negative obvious issues and over hype them... usually the over hype is backed up with a story he heard or a tabloid news article that's full of BS. Nobody wants to listen to him. Nobody wants to read that. A lot of the time its how things are worded imo.

Personally I'd like to see reasons and solutions stated as to why something is going on, be it negative or positive. I'm sure this is done sometimes but not all the time, and when its not it just brings a lot of negativity with it. Also I think new rumours without sources should be a big no no. Again going back to the old man, nobody wants to hear or read his fairy-tales. These are just personal opinions and how I view things. I'm not trying to represent the people you say that tell you to "grow up" etc.

There's one or two posters on here who challenge Woodward and the staff when it comes to transfers quite frequently... and I get that to an extent. What I don't get however is when certain posters (not you in this example) post things like "i wish United fans would show some ambition and stop accepting mediocrity when it comes to our transfer dealing." I just don't understand what exactly would the fans not accepting such mediocrity + showing more ambition do? What does gathering in the masses, getting upset and negative, showing more ambition as fans, posting anger and frustration excessively on boards do for us or Manchester United? These type of comments come across as a battle cry or a way to vent (frequently).... a battle in my opinion that in this modern world we can make very little influence if any on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

where did you see\read\hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

http://http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2511033/man-utd-target-nicolas-otamendi-is-not-joining-real-madrid

I think this is where it comes from about Otamendi will sign for someone else before/if Ramos leaves Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Id be extremely happy of our central defenders consist of otamendi, Ramos, jones and smalling.
    It would end Evans spell at club seen as he is the only one of the current 3 not to be given a new contract yet and jones and smalling would have a bit of breathing space to learn from the new two.
    But I still cant see Ramos deal coming off I still think he will end up with a new contract at Madrid.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement