Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Fenix wrote: »
    I don't get the Ramos hype.

If we're to raid Madrid for a CB for me it's Varane all day long.

Excellent defensively, young, scores goals, would cost half the fee and cheaper wages.

LVG is putting together a good young squad at the minute ( with a few exceptions ), to me Ramos is more the quick fix to try and force success in the short term at the possible detriment to the long term.

we have enough young defenders with potential we need an experienced leader to organize and boss the defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ha only rafa could go to reassure the media that his star defender is staying only to end up making it look like he hasnt a clue whats gonna happen. He should of just stuck to the FACTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

surely if degea is an athletico fan the last team he would wanna play for is real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I think CB and Striker this window with Back up keeper bought in January and Hugo Lloris bought next summer

surely if degea is an athletico fan the last team he would wanna play for is real

You mean like caragher growing up been an everton fan and playing for liverpool? Id assume career comes first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Fenix wrote: »
    I don't get the Ramos hype.

If we're to raid Madrid for a CB for me it's Varane all day long.

Excellent defensively, young, scores goals, would cost half the fee and cheaper wages.

LVG is putting together a good young squad at the minute ( with a few exceptions ), to me Ramos is more the quick fix to try and force success in the short term at the possible detriment to the long term.

How much of Varane have you seen, because I would wager not a lot
    In his whole career he has scored 8 goals, in 141 games. In 5 seasons.
    Ehhh ya, technically you're right. He does scores goals. 8 in fact.
    Smalling has 10, in 40 more games. Jones has 5 in 20 more games.

Utd do not need another young defender. Jones and Smalling are more than good enough to play the young learning defender role.

Just near in mind that familiarity breeds contempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Van Gaal said two more players when possible which doesn't necessarily mean this window...

He hopes to get some in this window

jayo26 wrote: »
    You mean like caragher growing up been an everton fan and playing for liverpool? Id assume career comes first.
    carragher was an everton fan? neck on him talking about loyalty and slating sterling if he was playing for his boyhood teams biggest rivals.

Utd do not need another young defender. Jones and Smalling are more than good enough to play the young learning defender role.

google is obviously your friend :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The draw has been made for the first round ties in the CL qualifiers. The winners of these ties will join Utd, Valencia, Sporting, Leverkusen and Lazio in the next round.

Panathinaikos V Club Brugge
    Young Boys V Monaco
    CSKA V Sparta Prague
    Rapid Wien V Ajax
    Fenerbahçe V Shakhtar Donetsk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

carragher was an everton fan? neck on him talking about loyalty and slating sterling if he was playing for his boyhood teams biggest rivals.

So was Stevie G . Raul was an Ateltico fan. Sure there's more too.
    Have to put your career ahead of any of that stuff imo.

dont get me wrong degea is a great keeper but he is pissing me off now... and if he accepted 5 million from real like the independant are suggesting real offered him to sit this year in OT only to sign for free next year i say FUUUUCK that off you go kid buy a keeper now and let him off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ronaldo found a mobile phone in Vegas and returned it to the owner...however, in doing so he invited her and her friends out to Dinner....he looked throught the pics on her phone obviously the dirty little b*llix :D

CJP9XI5UkAAyLzm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sterling is actually a United fan.Why would he have loyalty towards Liverpool when he can play with a top 4 team?

google is obviously your friend :D

Ehhh no, these are stats off the top of my head.
    Ya, Wikipedia.

People make assumptions on olayers they haven't seen but have been told about through hype.

The draw has been made for the first round ties in the CL qualifiers. The winners of these ties will join Utd, Valencia, Sporting, Leverkusen and Lazio in the next round.

Young Boys V Monaco
    CSKA V Sparta Prague
    Rapid Wien V Ajax
    odds on for us to get fenerbahce and rvp to run riot against us

dont get me wrong degea is a great keeper but he is pissing me off now... and if he accepted 5 million from real like the independant are suggesting real offered him to sit this year in OT only to sign for free next year i say FUUUUCK that off you go kid buy a keeper now and let him off

That's a BS story. All free agents get a big signing on payment. If DDG does go on a free next season then he'll get the payment when he signs for them, not now.

He will get a signing bonus regardless. It's just the papers sensationalising it to make you angry and buy the paper and be offended

zerks wrote: »
    Sterling is actually a United fan.Why would he have loyalty towards Liverpool when he can play with a top 4 team?
    i was knocking carragher for giving him **** in interviews recently. i dont think sterling should have been loyal isnt he a london lad?

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Rightly so. Their career in short. Retired by 35/40, and then they have to live the next 50 years forgotten about.
    Will the loyal fans subsidise the wage or pay them when they retire.

• Advertisement

i was knocking carragher for giving him **** in interviews recently. i dont think sterling should have been loyal isnt he a london lad?

Probably means loyal to the club/company.
    Well to a certain extent.

That's a BS story. All free agents get a big signing on payment. If DDG does go on a free next season then he'll get the payment when he signs for them, not now.
    imo we need to sell him now and buy a replacement asap, i hate the way this is being drawn out gk is prob the most important position we need stability going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Young Boys V Monaco
    CSKA V Sparta Prague
    Rapid Wien V Ajax

I assume United, Valencia, Sporting, Leverkusen and Lazio are all seeded and we'll face one of the 5 winners from the above matches ?

Only team i would fancy playing are monaco and their notoriously stingy defence

imo we need to sell him now and buy a replacement asap, i hate the way this is being drawn out gk is prob the most important position we need stability going forward.

You're very knee jerky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I like the look of Leno.. Was great in the champs league and is very young.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

You're very knee jerky.
    nope not really just starting to turn on degea now. i cant help it tbh if i think players taking piss out of the club i generally will turn on them remember he was developed into a world class gk at united from a spotty teenager i would have thought he would have signed a contract for united to get a good price for him tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

i would have thought he would have signed a contract for united to get a good price for him tbh

If a player wants a move away from the club why would he put another potential barrier in the way of achieving that move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

irishfeen wrote: »

in fairness, giggs did say a few weeks ago we were going to be getting a new spine to the team in the summer, centre back, midfielder and a new striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

bullvine wrote: »

i have seen the titanic turning quicker than Jones there

If a player wants a move away from the club why would he put another potential barrier in the way of achieving that move?
    what barrier? contracts mean little or nothing to madrid tbh they will buy who they want regardless of contract situation lets face it but it would have put united in a stronger position to negotiate and degea has been developed to the stature of a world class keeper. im just saying like suarez at pool he signed a contract even though we all knew he was being sold regardless

Rightly so. Their career in short. Retired by 35/40, and then they have to live the next 50 years forgotten about.
    Will the loyal fans subsidise the wage or pay them when they retire.

I agree ive never had a problem with it as long as they have been respectful.

I also have no problem with the likes of Schmeichel and cole playing for city they are still loved by the club and fans i never see the problem liverpool have with owne joining us and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Liverpool have meet Benteke's realesa clause of £32.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

De Gea catching some sun when the ball goes in ha. Nice goal.

nope not really just starting to turn on degea now. i cant help it tbh if i think players taking piss out of the club i generally will turn on them remember he was developed into a world class gk at united from a spotty teenager i would have thought he would have signed a contract for united to get a good price for him tbh

But you're getting your anger or frustration on misinformation and misleading phrasing.
    He was always going to get a signing on bonus, no matter what. The papers have phrased that so it looks like he is holding out to wait and get paid in some sort of bribery deal.
    Saying he was made at the club is disengenious because who says he wouldn't have been better at any other club?

You say, if I think, but your basing this thinking on misinformation so it will always be biased as we have no idea what is going on, or what the club knows.
    Lvg has no problem kicking people out re being disrespectful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    I assume United, Valencia, Sporting, Leverkusen and Lazio are all seeded and we'll face one of the 5 winners from the above matches ?

Lazio and Sporting are not seeded yet depends on who wins 3rd round games.

If either Shakhtar Donetsk or Ajax don't win then Sporting will be seeded.

Lazio need both them and CSKA Moscow to lose to be seeded

Giggsy_ wrote: »

It'll be done on the UEFA coefficients of the 10 teams. Currently Valencia, Leverkusen, Utd, Lazio, Sporting in that order. Ajax and Shaktar are ranked above Lazio and Sporting so would push them out of the seeded teams if they qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

what barrier? contracts mean little or nothing to madrid tbh they will buy who they want regardless of contract situation lets face it but it would have put united in a stronger position to negotiate

Exactly, it would have put Utd in a stronger negotiating position. If De Gea wants the move away from the club why would he want Utd to have a stronger negotiating position?
    and degea has been developed to the stature of a world class keeper.

Utd didn't develop De Gea as a favour, they benefited from the arrangement too.

Liverpool have meet Benteke's realesa clause of £32.5m.

Fair play to them i was listening to talksport this morning and the pool fans are mostly up in arms about this he is not at the same level of player they should be signing and dont fit rogers tica taca football.
    I still would of liked him at united think he has a great future if handled right just feel that liverpool wont change the style to suit him where as if we did sign him he would be for a different tactic then the tactic that has rooney playing up front on his own if thst makes sense.

But you're getting your anger or frustration on misinformation and misleading phrasing.
    He was always going to get a signing on bonus, no matter what. The papers have phrased that so it looks like he is holding out to wait and get paid in some sort of bribery deal.
    Saying he was made at the club is disengenious because who says he wouldn't have been better at any other club?

You say, if I think, but your basing this thinking on misinformation so it will always be biased as we have no idea what is going on, or what the club knows.
    Lvg has no problem kicking people out re being disrespectful.
    Your right I shouldn't be taking word of media.. I'll check Wikipedia instead 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Did any of them play for them though? He has a point. I always thought it must be a huge consideration for De Gea. Sure he gets to move back to his home city but would have all the hate from the Atleti fans.

Of course money and his career and the location are huge factors but I dont think the rivalry connection is any way similar to those players listed and is much more of a consideration for De Gea.

Also until the window is closed, I think he could move at any time.

Your right I shouldn't be taking word of media.. I'll check Wikipedia instead 😂

....I used wiki for goals. If someone can't count to 10,5,8 and people are disputing it we are in trouble.
    Not sure if sarcastic or not.......

Just be wary of the emotion that words conjure when the papers print them.
    These guys know their way around a thesaurus so will use stronger words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Wager as you like, I've seen more than you've gleaned from Google!

Just my opinion, but Varane is already streets ahead of Jones and smalling, so I wouldn't call him the "young learning defender". I think he's a top defender now and will continue to be for the next 7/8 years at least.

Fair enough I said goal scoring, it was a positive attribute, not somthing you need to throw goals per game at!!

I just feel he's about as attainable as Ramos would be, and a more suitable target. Certainly not to learn, as an automatic starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Young Boys V Monaco
    CSKA V Sparta Prague
    Rapid Wien V Ajax

those are the 5 teams i see us being potentially up against, no easy games though Monaco and Shakhtar are the teams to avoid obviously.

Pana, Cska and then Ajax would be my preferred option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Spelling and punctuation has taken a nose dive in this thread.

It's painful to read at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Fakman87 wrote: »

im really sorry we will try to improve

:pac:

*have

Im the biggest culprit I know that but I couldnt give a toss,
    I come on here to read peoples views about united and to make my own points if i want to read perfect english ill buy a book.
    Most of the time im typing on here its on a stupid mobile while doing a bit of work at same time i couldnt care less about punctuation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

those are the 5 teams i see us being potentially up against, no easy games though Monaco and Shakhtar are the teams to avoid obviously.

Pana, Cska and then Ajax would be my preferred option.

Can't play Ajax as they will be seeded in play-off if they get there

Can you give an example of poor punctuation, or spelling?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement