Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Napoli president has been very firm that any deal for Higuaín will require his buyout clause to be met, which is in excess of €60m. He was recently just joking about how he wish someone would buy him, because he could buy more players for the first team with the money.

He isn't some has been and argueably coming into his peak years. I havn't watched much of Napoli outside of their European exploits, but watched a lot of Madrid for years now, and he is just like any striker. When he is on fire, he is unbelievable, but when he hits the barren spell(and a bit like Rooney, they do come) he is a passenger at times.

Higuaín though is a top tier striker and should be regarded as such. Numerous trophies with Madrid and an impressive scoring rate for both Madrid and Napoli. If I remember correctly he left the club as Benzema was deemed first choice, despite Hig being top goalscorer so he left.

Think it is a bit daft comparing Benteke with him. Benteke has had two good PL seasons, but also showed he is a bit of a sulky ****er being essentially anonymous for large parts of the season (injury aside). Higuaín has titles to his name, has played in big clubs and in big matches and has being at numerous world cups etc.

I don't see him being a genuine target at that price. But if he was bought, it's buying an established top tier striker, but one who will not play second fiddle to Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

JamboMac wrote: »
    So if benteke is a god why isn't he a big name around the world?

Why did he end up at Liverpool and not some big European club, possibly they don't rate him and that their seems to be a hype bubble in England where if a player can score goals their he's the greatest thing ever.

Their tends to be a massive gap between the top 8 in England and the rest.

I never said benteke was a god I said he would be a good signing for us and you wont get better much value for money on players currently available you then tried to say Bas Dost had a far superior goal ratio while leaving out his cup and Europa league stats that he had a poor ratio in.

Then you said Higuain would be better even tho he is older and has the same goal ratio in a less defensive league and would cost at least the same.

The argument has run its course now so better off just leave it seen as he is going to join the pool so have a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

jayo26 wrote: »
    I never said benteke was a god I said he would be a good signing for us and you wont get better much value for money on players currently available you then tried to say Bas Dost had a far superior goal ratio while leaving out his cup and Europa league stats that he had a poor ratio in.

Then you said Higuain would be better even tho he is older and has the same goal ratio in a less defensive league and would cost at least the same.

The argument has run its course now so better off just leave it seen as he is going to join the pool so have a good day.

Is this the Bas Dost that all the big teams are after? If hes a god they must be after him. Using Jambos logic.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    True but he will then just have one year left on his contract won't he? I'm not saying he has a free season but if he even gets 4th place is there any point of sacking him rather than seeing out his last year and then letting Giggs take over like planned?

What is it with this "Giggs taking over as planned".

Giggs has a bit to go before coming near a full time position as United manager.

Everyone keeps harping on how Man City are setting up the whole operating to basically be a perfect fit for Guardiola.

Would not be surprised in the slightest if Pep is our next manager. Finishes with Bayern, year break again, back with United as Van Gaal wraps up. Pep has immense affection for United, that's been accounted in so many mediums and from so many sources and directions.

While I don't expect Giggs to go elsewhere and learn his trade, as he is obviously being kept assistant with a view down the line as being manager, but I think it would be risky doing it so soon, especially if we JUST get back to winning ways under Van Gaals tenure(which the indication is won't last longer then the contract he signed).

The romance stuff of players coming back as managers rarely works, and there is enough underwhelming ex-united players managing at the moment for anyone to be cautious about that prospect.

Van Gaal is trying to imprint a new system onto the club, and imo it's a more modern system and won that can provide more European success. be interesting to know if Giggs has truely bought into that idea and stlye of play, or if he took over would he jsut rock back to 4-4-2, and then a raft of the squad Van Gaal has built arn't suited or best placed for that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

TheDoc wrote: »
    What is it with this "Giggs taking over as planned".

Giggs has a bit to go before coming near a full time position as United manager.

Everyone keeps harping on how Man City are setting up the whole operating to basically be a perfect fit for Guardiola.

Would not be surprised in the slightest if Pep is our next manager. Finishes with Bayern, year break again, back with United as Van Gaal wraps up. Pep has immense affection for United, that's been accounted in so many mediums and from so many sources and directions.

While I don't expect Giggs to go elsewhere and learn his trade, as he is obviously being kept assistant with a view down the line as being manager, but I think it would be risky doing it so soon, especially if we JUST get back to winning ways under Van Gaals tenure(which the indication is won't last longer then the contract he signed).

The romance stuff of players coming back as managers rarely works, and there is enough underwhelming ex-united players managing at the moment for anyone to be cautious about that prospect.

It's not me being romantic with Giggs being an ex player :P

I'm fairly certain VG said before last year that the plan they had discussed was him to manage for three years before Giggs then replaces him.

I can't look for a source at the moment in work but will check later. It isn't my plan that he takes over straight away but if VG said that then it suggests Man United themselves have it planned out that Giggs will take charge, no unless we do shocking under VG for next two years I'd imagine they would stick with it.

EDIT:
    The quote from VG last year in his interview about his plans on how long he is staying etc, on next manager he said
    I expect that he [Giggs] will be the next manager after I am gone,

I have to admit, I could not imagine when I spoke with him in May, that he would work so very hard,
    As an ex-player, you are not used to working hard. He is a very hard worker.

He reads the game very good, like Jose. But to manage a group you have to learn. What I can see is that he is also learning quickly.

Now maybe that is just his opinion, but I'd imagine at Man United they are building it up for Giggs to become manager, maybe you're right it won't happen after VG leaves but I'd find it extremely likely that they are planning on Giggs being the new manager after. Not my plan or me romanticising ex players to managers but the way the club are treating him, letting him take charge as first team manager for four games, then assistant under VG, it very much looks like they are leading towards him being our manager in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Is this the Bas Dost that all the big teams are after? If hes a god they must be after him. Using Jambos logic.

the only place i ever see reference to him is from the same 2 or 3 lads on here.

the only place i ever see reference to him is from the same 2 or 3 lads on here.

I think he turned down Newcastle earlier this window? We should be competing with Newcastle for players.

I never said benteke was a god I said he would be a good signing for us and you wont get better much value for money on players currently available

Depends how you are evaluating value for money I suppose.

While I don't deny Bentekes exploits, I have that shirking feeling that you can never shake, when a striker in a lower down team is doing well. Flash in the pan, perfect storm, needs to be main man etc.

Personally I think Lukaku will become the better of the Belgian pair, and I think 32m is a bit of an investment to make on a striker who has had 1 and a half good season, and a big sulky period in between where when things didnt go his way, he appeared to stop trying.

Vietto went to Madrid there few weeks back for £15m. His buyout clause was just a little higher then that, and well advertised.

Would have figured if we were serious about a striker, we would have had a look at him. Was really good for Villareal and has a very, obvious, bright future ahead of him.

While I can get an odds with Prof about valuations, I'd probably be more reserved in that sense when it comes to strikers, as they are frequently over priced and very risky acquisitions.

Benteke to Liverpool for £30m could be an extremely shrewd signing, but one or the other is going to have to change their way of playing. Benteke won't just slot straight in there. And it is unknown if he will be willing to change his style or the way he plays.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    It's not me being romantic with Giggs being an ex player :P

I'm fairly certain VG said before last year that the plan they had discussed was him to manage for three years before Giggs then replaces him.

I can't look for a source at the moment in work but will check later. It isn't my plan that he takes over straight away but if VG said that then it suggests Man United themselves have it planned out that Giggs will take charge, no unless we do shocking under VG for next two years I'd imagine they would stick with it.

I'd be looking for a reference for that, because I'm sure the comments were along the lines that Giggs will most likely manage the club "one day" and working with Van Gaal will provide him great experience in contrasting thoughts and views, alongside his time with Moyes, and Ferguson

I think he turned down Newcastle earlier this window? We should be competing with Newcastle for players.

What's competing with Newcastle got to do with anything?

Sorry I've glanced across a few pages, are people actually saying we should look as Bas Dost?

• Advertisement

I'd be looking for a reference for that, because I'm sure the comments were along the lines that Giggs will most likely manage the club "one day" and working with Van Gaal will provide him great experience in contrasting thoughts and views, alongside his time with Moyes, and Ferguson

Edited my post with the comments he made to MUTV, in fairness he did say just that he "expected" Giggs to take charge after him, but that wouldn't surprise me at all if it is in fact Uniteds plan if it is what VG expects to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I would be very nervous about Giggs taking over as Utd manager after LVG. It would be a massive risk IMO.

Depends how you are evaluating value for money I suppose.

While I don't deny Bentekes exploits, I have that shirking feeling that you can never shake, when a striker in a lower down team is doing well. Flash in the pan, perfect storm, needs to be main man etc.

Personally I think Lukaku will become the better of the Belgian pair, and I think 32m is a bit of an investment to make on a striker who has had 1 and a half good season, and a big sulky period in between where when things didnt go his way, he appeared to stop trying.

Vietto went to Madrid there few weeks back for £15m. His buyout clause was just a little higher then that, and well advertised.

Would have figured if we were serious about a striker, we would have had a look at him. Was really good for Villareal and has a very, obvious, bright future ahead of him.

While I can get an odds with Prof about valuations, I'd probably be more reserved in that sense when it comes to strikers, as they are frequently over priced and very risky acquisitions.

Benteke to Liverpool for £30m could be an extremely shrewd signing, but one or the other is going to have to change their way of playing. Benteke won't just slot straight in there. And it is unknown if he will be willing to change his style or the way he plays.

While i get what your saying im purely going on what else we could by for the same money while bearing in mind that benteke shouldnt be considered a flash in the pan player because he has a hit rate of 1 in 2 in england for the past 3 years.

He would of been worth a punt at 32 million if you compare it to what bony went to city for. I know its not ideal comparing transfers but in this case it couod of been similar but benteke would more then likely get more chsnces at united then bony will at city.

Again im not saying benteke is perfect but he is worth more then to be totally dismissed as not united standard after his performances over the past 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Real Madrid have agreed a €6 million deal to sign Espanyol goalkeeper Kiko Casilla so that could mean De Gea staying for the season and leaving on a free transfer next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I used him cos he's cheap and as some of you don't want a big name, but I know forming your own unique opinion rather than one the UK media gives you is wrong.

Let's see what the sun and other tabloids what our opinion should be.

Quandary wrote: »
    I would be very nervous about Giggs taking over as Utd manager after LVG. It would be a massive risk IMO.

Yeh it would be a massive risk that could go eitherway but my hearth tells me id love him to be the next united manager.

If he is risked it will either be a masterstroke by tye club or the second worst apointment by the board since Ferguson retired.

While i get what your saying im purely going on what else we could by for the same money while bearing in mind that benteke shouldnt be considered a flash in the pan player because he has a hit rate of 1 in 2 in england for the past 3 years.

He would of been worth a punt at 32 million if you compare it to what bony went to city for. I know its not ideal comparing transfers but in this case it couod of been similar but benteke would more then likely get more chsnces at united then bony will at city.

Again im not saying benteke is perfect but he is worth more then to be totally dismissed as not united standard after his performances over the past 3 years.

I wouldn't dismiss him as United standard. Wasn't saying that. I just think any striker( and I guess if we get pedantic any signing) has a significant risk assosiated with it, as they are typically the most expensive players/signings in your team in regards fees and wages, and are also the most volatile.

I guess worth and stuff is very subjective to the person involved. My mates deride me for having a high regard for Lukaku, but if you gave me money to go sign a striker tomorrow, I'd go buy him, not Benteke.

Yeh it would be a massive risk that could go eitherway but my hearth tells me id love him to be the next united manager.

If he is risked it will either be a masterstroke by tye club or the second worst appointment by the board since Ferguson retired.

You have to wonder if there is a bit of "Pep effect" going on there aswell, where boards and owners now try to find their own Pep, not realizing the likelihood of doing so are next to none, and Pep wasn't successful because he was a former player or worked with the underage team.

Giggs would constitute a MASSIVE risk if taking over from Van Gaal where best case scenario we have got back to winning ways, but need to maintain it and fend of rivals, or worst case, Van Gaal wins nothing, and we are still clawing our way back to a title, and now its with a totally inexperienced manager at the helm.

I think most will see it as a risk. To be fair even when if he does take charge later down the line serving as assistant to the like of Pep etc it will still be considered a risk since it would be his first time as a manager and a big club also.

Now I'm not saying he will or should be our next manager but if VG says he expects Giggs to be then he must have a good reason to expect it which is why I think United have considered giving Giggs the reigns after VG goes.

But to be honest it is a bit early to be thinking about next manager, let's just enjoy the time with VG for now and worry about that later down the road.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't dismiss him as United standard. Wasn't saying that. I just think any striker( and I guess if we get pedantic any signing) has a significant risk assosiated with it, as they are typically the most expensive players/signings in your team in regards fees and wages, and are also the most volatile.

I guess worth and stuff is very subjective to the person involved. My mates deride me for having a high regard for Lukaku, but if you gave me money to go sign a striker tomorrow, I'd go buy him, not Benteke.

I know i wasnt attributing you to that commentnit was jambo who i had the original discussion with that said that.

And i would agree with you on lukaku been better I think he would but he would also cost alot more money then benteke because everton paid so much for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lots of teams which we judge smaller in Italy manage to have good players, under that logic Di Maria must be a bad player since he left Madrid.

Madrid tend to like to get new toys and he did spend 6 years their.

What? Lots of teams we judge smaller in England manage to have good players too :confused:

This whole conversation is based on the merits of Higuain or Benteke signing. You made a ridiculous point which was rightly called out.

I am not disputing who the better option is because although ive seen them both play, ive never paid close attention to them because we might sign them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Richard Jolly had a good article yesterday on the changes to the Utd squad since Ferguson left,well worth a read
    http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/2523171/van-gaal-tears-ferguson-team-apart
    Manchester United's 3-0 win over Aston Villa in April 2013 has become a night that is remembered for different reasons.
    United clinched the Premier League title, their 13th (and final) under Sir Alex Ferguson.
    Ferguson railed at perceptions that his charges suffered by comparison with their predecessors. "Nostalgia plays tricks on people's minds," he argued.

He had not yet announced his retirement, but he was trying to implant the idea that a dynasty had been established. He would be leaving a legacy. "We have a nucleus of players who are young enough we expect them to improve," he added.

Ferguson did not say so in as many words, but gave the impression radical change was the last thing United needed. Two years later, it is exactly what has happened.

Their first fixture of the 2015-16 season may feature a completely different team to their opening league match 24 months earlier.

This is a revolution, a two-year transformation from steadiness to dizzying differences.

It represents a break with United's identity and history. They were a byword for continuity

We sometimes go on and rave about who the media overhype the quality of the premier league but we really are starting to go the opposite direction now. People here an exotic name a few times and he is the next big thing.

Lacazette was one I dont think many people actually seeing play. The guy is very good but I seen a few posters in the soccer forum liken in him to Drogba. He is a 5'9 11st striker for FFS.

People forget we signed Yorke from Villa, Cole from Newcastle, good players do play in England outside the top 6. Yes there is a premium for buying from the league but sometimes that premium is justified

I used him cos he's cheap and as some of you don't want a big name, but I know forming your own unique opinion rather than one the UK media gives you is wrong.

Ahh come on mate your moving about with your argument all over the place sure if its just cause he is cheaper and against what others think why not go with Charlie Austin he did as well as anyone last year and would be cheap as chips if united flirted with him.

I didn't base my original opinion on tabloids I based it on him been proven in the league over the past 3 seasons and fairly consitent too. your the one that started pulling names from a hat claiming stats showed they were better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's "Doggy Dog World" on the Snoop album of the early 90s.

I've actually just realised it was a pun all along. :o

There is a whole copypasta on that stuff on the internet. This is it.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

benteke will score goals for Liverpool, no doubt about it, great signing for them. we must have something up our sleeve if we didn't go for him

bangkok wrote: »
    benteke will score goals for Liverpool, no doubt about it, great signing for them. we must have something up our sleeve if we didn't go for him

Do you think its that straightforward tho? Rogers plays total different tactics then what benteke is used to at villa so he is going to have to change how coutinho and firminho play to accommodate benteke it will be intresting to see will he do that or will benteke become another so called flop because they cant get the best out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Haven't been in here since we signed Schneiderlin.Great to finally have a MF where we will be able to stand up to a couple of injuries there....and still be able to field a strong line up.

I'm of the belief ( perhaps deluded) .... That seeing how LVG is shoring the place up De Gea will see out the final yr of contract.Its not like likes of Real or Barca or anyone else bar maybe Bayern wouldn't take him in a heartbeat this time next year.
    Can see Otamendi or someone else Utd have been watching under the radar to sign for CB in next fortnight.....which will allow exit of likes of Evans....maybe on Transfer deadline day.

As regard strengthening up front we def need someone to replace RVP.....a lot will depend on whether Di Maria stays or not...( wouldn't be too surprised if he left as his family haven't settled well in England,the robbery def didn't help.)....his sale would leave plenty of wages there for a striker to be paid.
    If he went I could see a mega bucks move for Muller or Lewandowski.

Don't think Benteke is the answer...no more than Raheem Sterling I think his personality could be problematic in dressing room.If we had to I would choose Kane over him.
    Ah well it's nice to be discussing CB and CF for a change and not bitching that we have no midfield,:)

me too. i was all for him replacing MOyes but over the last year my confidence in him being a top class manager has dwindled alot. he is missing something, i just cant put my finger on it.

for me, a huge amount of management capability is down to luck and getting the right group of players at the right time and going from there.

me too. i was all for him replacing MOyes but over the last year my confidence in him being a top class manager has dwindled alot. he is missing something, i just cant put my finger on it.

for me, a huge amount of management capability is down to luck and getting the right group of players at the right time and going from there.

How so? All we see of him is sitting beside VG with his index finger over his mouth :pac: we don't know how much he is learning or how good he is as an assistant. What gave you such good confidence in him taking over after Moyes and why has it changed now?

I agree it would be a huge risk, but who knows what the board have planned.

• Advertisement

What about Anthony Stokes? Or is he too mainstream? Maybe try stepping away from media and WATCH matches? Then make an opinion? This is like hipsters with bands. Find obscure and champion them as great. This made me cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Unless it happened in last hour Liverpool have not signed Benteke.... They have just matched his release clause....if any other club bid a pound Sterling more he is theirs:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Giggs should never get anywhere near the managers job unless he proves himself elsewhere first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Does anybody know if the club is running an official streaming service for pre-season games this year? I believe they ran one last year - good quality and a reasonable price.

I had a look around on the United website and can't find it. I don't have MUTV, and don't want the hassle of having to cancel it after 1 month.

Unless it happened in last hour Liverpool have not signed Benteke.... They have just matched his release clause....if any other club bid a pound Sterling more he is theirs:)

We just assuming he is gone to them as no other club seems to be intrested so its a done deal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

no any club can just match the bid and then its up to benteke to decide.

benteke

coutinho
    firminho

Milner
    Henderson

don't like doing up other teams but with players like that behind benteke it will be hard for him not to score

benteke

coutinho
    firminho

Milner
    Henderson

don't like doing up other teams but with players like that behind benteke it will be hard for him not to score

Fair enough i hope your wrong :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

glued wrote: »
    Giggs should never get anywhere near the managers job unless he proves himself elsewhere first.

So not never then?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

v3ttel wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the club is running an official streaming service for pre-season games this year? I believe they ran one last year - good quality and a reasonable price.

I had a look around on the United website and can't find it. I don't have MUTV, and don't want the hassle of having to cancel it after 1 month.

Yeah I bought it last year and it was a great deal but I can't see anything similar this year which seems a shame.

Richard Jolly had a good article yesterday on the changes to the Utd squad since Ferguson left,well worth a read

the reality is Ferguson left us with a team consisting of 5-6 players about to hit 30 or well past it, with another group of squad players in a similar story.

add in a group of horrifically average players and a gaping hold in midfield that he neglected for 5 or 6 years and its very pityful reading for the club.

• Advertisement

benteke

coutinho
    firminho

Milner
    Henderson

Yeah but hopefully Rodgers throws in the likes of Allen, Markovic, Can & Origi and doesnt play those lads

benteke

coutinho
    firminho

Milner
    Henderson

Dont wanna get too in to Liverpool but Coutinho and Firimino both play no.10 as there best position, I think the may find it hard to accomodate both players, and as a midfield base I will take Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger, Matic/Fabregas, Yaya/Fernandinho over them. Even the base of the Arsenal midfield (Coquelin/Wilshere) would be stronger.

I think if you put Benteke in with any of those midfields he could be hitting 25 league goals, no so much with Liverpool but still a 15-20 goal return IMO. Your right though he is a good signing for them even if some of their fans dont recognise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

We just assuming he is gone to them as no other club seems to be intrested so its a done deal :)
    WOULD BE HILARIOUS IF SPURS CAME IN AND MATCHED THE BID #MELTDOWNONMERSEYSIDE

on a serious note im shocked villa would sell to pool like they are two mid table teams surely villa wouldnt wanna strengthen their direct competition

on a serious note im shocked villa would sell to pool like they are two mid table teams surely villa wouldnt wanna strengthen their direct competition

How many digs can you get in against a disliked team in a short reply haha yeh i like both of your quotes there :)

But villa cant not sell to pool as they have met his release clause they have no option not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

What about Anthony Stokes? Or is he too mainstream? Maybe try stepping away from media and WATCH matches? Then make an opinion? This is like hipsters with bands. Find obscure and champion them as great. This made me cringe.

Not sure you got the memo but it was posted on thread its hipster now to call someone a hispter. I think calling a hipster caller a hipster wont be considered hipsterish for a few months at least.

I think we should sign Freddy Adu and get him to help out the tea lady I hear she is pushing on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I think we've found our new striker. Someone get Ed on the blower

aiiU77e.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

If they met his but out clause it's surely down to the player rather than Villa isn't it?

v3ttel wrote: »

yeah they had a pre-season ticket or something last season, but havn't seen the same this year.

Although that ticket last season was a fiver, and the entire channel is 8 quid without tieing you into a contract, so might be just as well to get the channel for a month(spose dependant if you are an existing sky subscriber)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

benteke

coutinho
    firminho

Milner
    Henderson

That looks or feels very narrow im not sure why though.

Not sure how the dirt road footballer, Benteke will do at liverpool

• Advertisement

Not sure you got the memo but it was posted on thread its hipster now to call someone a hispter. I think calling a hipster caller a hipster wont be considered hipsterish for a few months at least.

I think we should sign Freddy Adu and get him to help out the tea lady I hear she is pushing on

Yeah sorry memos are mainstream I prefer telegraphs but cheers for the heads up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement