Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Why are people convinced its a done deal Benteke to Liverpool ? Havent seen anything to say its official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Why are people convinced its a done deal Benteke to Liverpool ? Havent seen anything to say its official.

almost a done deal, they are working out a payment plan. benteke still in portugal with villa so not over the line yet but very close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

what would people think of Pedro? one of the papers linking us to them - not sure the backing for the link, though I know it was mentioned on one of the fanzine sites this morning that it would be in the papers tonight.

I would imagine that he would only become a target if Di Maria left. Seems a very LVG signing. Smart positionaly, smart runs, smart on the ball. at 22million or whatever the buy-out clause is, he would be a good signing. Good goal scoring record, and as we have discussed we need to add goals to the side.

Still though, he's not a forward we arguably need - and would be in direct competition with Mata and Depay (as well as Young, Januzaj)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

funny that people would pay it for him, but not Benteke who has as good or better goalscoring record in a tougher league, for a comparitively poorer team - and isn't much older.

I would of paid it for benteke too as everyone knows at this stage :) but the one thing lacazette has over benteke is adaptability he can play very efectively out wide and thats pretty big thing in a 433 formation.

what would people think of Pedro? one of the papers linking us to them - not sure the backing for the link, though I know it was mentioned on one of the fanzine sites this morning that it would be in the papers tonight.

I would imagine that he would only become a target if Di Maria left. Seems a very LVG signing. Smart positionaly, smart runs, smart on the ball. at 22million or whatever the buy-out clause is, he would be a good signing. Good goal scoring record, and as we have discussed we need to add goals to the side.

Still though, he's not a forward we arguably need - and would be in direct competition with Mata and Depay (as well as Young, Januzaj)

I like pedro always thought him and sanchez were going to be with barca for years but obviously there is 3 big players ahead of them.

I think he is slightly below sanchez but thats not a bad thing if we did sign him it be only if di maria left as you said but he is very versatile on thenwongs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »
    For the record, I'd have paid it for Benteke either; think he's being hugely underestimated by many people, and could thrive at Liverpool, who are great at building round a striker. Will be very interested in seeing how he gets on, and hope his own fans hang off his back to give him the chance to step up.

I don't think people are giving enough consideration to this point tbh. While I'm not calling him one dimensional, you still will have to build the way your team plays around Benteke somewhat in order to get the best out of him, and if that's not the way LvG wants to go then it would be pointless to touch him.

People comparing his stats to every striker under the sun but are refusing to actually compare him as a player.

Said this a few days, if his buyout clause has been lowered to what they're saying, then he's a no brainer to me. Effective wide attacking player who by today's standards for his quality can be got for peanuts. But he surely must be a done deal to someone else already for the lack of gossip there is about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I love Pedro and would probably cum in my pants if we signed him.

(Might be a slight exaggeration)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

For the price it would be excellent signing

We need to get futureguy on the Pedro case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is there anyone you are not supposedly buying this week? :pac:

• Advertisement

Is there anyone you are not supposedly buying this week? :pac:

Yeh sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Somebody light up the FutureGuy signal, we need this case cleared up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,658 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I ****ing hate to see Di Maria gone and replaced with Pedro

ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

zerks wrote: »

Ed likes a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

well that would go some way in proving we're serious title contenders :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Messi and Pedro.

We won't need a CB back then.

#welldoneEd

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You called?

Are we gonna sign Pedro?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I like Benteke but don't think van Gaal would consider him due to already having Fellaini for an alternative way of playing and would prefer another player more suited to his ideals.

I still think of the players linked Kane is most suited to van Gaal after the unattainable Muller and Lewandowski.

Pedro would be a really good signing for any English club. I would be delighted to see United go for him if Di Maria leaves and jealous of another club if they get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

9tHmpgk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/hesham786/status/622092155604074496

"Listen here, twats. This is what I want you to print...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,658 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sergio Romero would be a great free transfer. Not in the same league as De Gea but for me he's better than Valdes. A better all round keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Headshot wrote: »
    Sergio Romero would be a great free transfer. Not in the same league as De Gea but for me he's better than Valdes. A better all round keeper.

Haven't seem much of him. How good is he or more importantly can he reach the heights of de gea

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it bad I have faith in Ed "Big Balls" Woodward to get Messi done? :pac:

No but seriously, imagine if we got him....and Ronaldo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is it bad I have faith in Ed "Big Balls" Woodward to get Messi done? :pac:

No but seriously, imagine if we got him....and Ronaldo...

Just for you:
    https://twitter.com/SocialRMadrid/status/622160129408937984

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Haven't seem much of him. How good is he or more importantly can he reach the heights of de gea

Wouldn't really be your fault tbh, the only team he gets a game for is Argentina.

Would much, much prefer any interest in him is as a back-up which I guess is needed with Valdes up for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Wouldn't really be your fault tbh, the only team he gets a game for is Argentina.

Would much, much prefer any interest in him is as a back-up which I guess is needed with Valdes up for sale.

Yeah for free as well, it would be tidy business once again from Woodward.

As LVG said we needed two more positions filled, I'm positive GK and CB are those 2 positions. Some think it is striker but he has mentioned only recently that he thinks we have enough strikers

• Advertisement

Sounds like PSG have been told that DiMaria is not for sale and Blanc is trying to save face

https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/622171968343810048

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pedro would fill a very big gap in the squad, great signing. Di Maria leaving would still be very annoying regardless as that would open up another gap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

astradave wrote: »
    9tHmpgk.jpg

Legend. Can you make that as an avatar?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Legend. Can you make that as an avatar?

Never made an avatar, what size is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

astradave wrote: »
    Sounds like PSG have been told that DiMaria is not for sale and Blanc is trying to save face

https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/622171968343810048

Di Maria, Mata, Valencia, Young, Depay, Pedro, and you're didn't sign Benteke! Higuain it must be then! Seriously though that's a lot of wide players.

Di Maria, Mata, Valencia, Young, Depay, Pedro, and you're didn't sign Benteke! Higuain it must be then! Seriously though that's a lot of wide players.

Val will be classed as a defender this season, and id say Mata will be fighting with Herrera for the advanced midfielder spot. Tho he can play wide as well ala last season, that leaves 4 for 2 positions if you don't include Pedro but include Januzaj, if pedro is bought i reckon Jan will be out on loan.. Either way its a sufficient number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Pedro? Haven't signed him ........ Yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Seems like it's all English journalists harping on about Pedro. They haven't gotten a single thing about United right this year. It's been telegraph in Holland (I think) and others breaking the story's first. I don't see this been any different sadly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Seems like it's all English journalists harping on about Pedro. They haven't gotten a single thing about United right this year. It's been telegraph in Holland (I think) and others breaking the story's first. I don't see this been any different sadly

Usually when you see a few all reporting the same story at the same time, it's cause Ed has briefed them.

Ogden, Ducker et al all started on the Pedro train shortly after meeting Ed, apparently. Think this one does have legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Usually when you see a few all reporting the same story at the same time, it's cause Ed has briefed them.

Ogden, Ducker et al all started on the Pedro train shortly after meeting Ed, apparently. Think this one does have legs.
    Is Ed not stateside? I hope it does but I won't be getting my hopes up until we know more.

• Advertisement

Is Ed not stateside? I hope it does but I won't be getting my hopes up until we know more.

They are stateside too some of the english press follow united over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He's seemingly back in England.

He's seemingly back in England.

I thought they were over there with them. Wasnt ogdan or whatever his name is at the presser the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Is there any legal videos of the tour this year like MUTV had last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I went to bed at 10 pm to wake up for the match.

**** it, no point sleeping now.

May aswell cook the fry now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

adox wrote: »
    It only takes a couple of things for a kingdom to fall, it doesnt follow that the kingdom was never really that strong in the first place.

Perfect quote for GoT next season.. I like it!!

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I went to bed at 10 pm to wake up for the match.

**** it, no point sleeping now.

May aswell cook the fry now

:pac: Ive been on the Jager and Red bull since 8 to keep me awake..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

So the most likely signing is one we've read nothing about, so all the top class strikers Utd haven't been linked with are now on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

JamboMac wrote: »
    So the most likely signing is one we've read nothing about, so all the top class strikers Utd haven't been linked with are now on the cards.

Aguero maybe, don't think we have been linked with him, I know he broke my heart with that late goal a few years back but would love to sign him, not a hope we will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

astradave wrote:
    Ive been on the Jager and Red bull since 8 to keep me awake..

8 am? :-D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement