Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ohhh unlucky, lovely play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

McNair,Evans,Blackett in the back four.

I can't see us not conceding.

Lovely feet by Pereira,unlucky not to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I do like the way blackett tries the long passes

ohh tasty by Bastian and Pereira

Stick your head on it januzaj

Pereira looking super on the left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ollkiller

That pereira guy looks well good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The pig killer is looking a bit reluctant to me. I hope he doesn't have to be nursed these days but naturally way to early to make that conclusion.

Lingard should of had a shot.

Pereira's a skillful little fecker aint he.. makes it look so easy dancing around the opposition

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Pereira's a skill full little fecker aint he.. makes it look so easy dancing around the opposition

Hes a no nonsense kind of player aswell, hes not affraid to put in a tackly or work for the team.

You can see why Lindergard will never be a LVG player, his distribution is awful.. just hoof it up

That pass just sumed up johnny evans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Woke up for the match then fell asleep waiting for it to start...anyone know best place for full match highlights? Weren't they on YouTube last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭recyclops

astradave wrote: »
    You can see why Lindergard will never be a LVG player, his distribution is awful.. just hoof it up

he really lacks composure and is not confident on the ball at all

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    That pass just sumed up johnny evans

He has very good long passing. Not sure why literally every little thing he does is under such scrutiny.

Liam O wrote: »
    He has very good long passing. Not sure why literally every little thing he does is under such scrutiny.

Ah cmon, you are talking about johnny evans right?

It was a 30 yard pass that missed its target by a good 10 yards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

because he just doesn't look easy on the eye. There isn't one feature about his play that is perfect and beautiful and we need that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Argh, somebody get on the end of it.

• Advertisement

What was the performance like in first half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Co-commentator on my stream is taking things a bit too seriously, I think. After that missed Pereira chance....

"Why is there no-one following that in? That is terrible, especially at this level."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Pereira the only thing keeping me awake here, 2nd half beyond boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I've seen 3 of the debut lads. Can anyone stick up a pic of Basti? Makes things more real to me to finally see them play!

Ah cmon, you are talking about johnny evans right?

It was a 30 yard pass that missed its target by a good 10 yards

Yeah, that guy. Sorry he's not at ultimate accuracy after 20 minutes of play in the last couple of months.

For the record, I'm not calling him the ultimate ball playing centre back, just using the video for examples.

Yeah, that guy. Sorry he's not at ultimate accuracy after 20 minutes of play in the last couple of months.

For the record, I'm not calling him the ultimate ball playing centre back, just using the video for examples.

Lol what sap would go to the trouble of making that.

Im sure theres videos of him completely failing aswell

• Advertisement

Nice bit of play, pity Januzaj couldn't bury it, good shot though

You simply can't get Schweinsteiger off the ball.

Lol what sap would go to the trouble of making that.

Im sure theres videos of him completely failing aswell

Have you noticed how many more touches and passes Evans is getting in this game than Smalling and how he's the first option and always available to pass to when the keeper gets it? It's things like that people don't seem to notice for some reason.

Januzaj had that one shot but has generally been a waste of a player this half, creativity through the middle has been awful.

Lindegaard giving me heart problems with that slip :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Bit of a harsh booking

• Advertisement

f*ckin hate these american commentators. There having a real go at LVG for not getting up and giving direction to the young players.

If they watched the BPL last season maybe they would know he just doesn't do that. Plus it is only the first game. Give the players the freedom to play and express themselves

Have you noticed how many more touches and passes Evans is getting in this game than Smalling and how he's the first option and always available to pass to when the keeper gets it? It's things like that people don't seem to notice for some reason

Your clearly rate him, i dont.

Well just have to agree to disagree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Lol Evans showing off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Solid start to our title defence.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Lol Evans showing off

Cheeky roulette for no reason

Very enjoyable game.

Your clearly rate him, i dont.

Well just have to agree to disagree

I rate his ability on the ball as far superior to Smalling or Jones and feel that as the team gets better that would be more important than a lot of other things you normally see from a CB. Look at Pique and Mascherano in Barca's defense, neither one of them great in the air but only have to be passable because of their team's ability to keep the ball and they're important to that.

Liked the few times I saw januzaj clipped or fouled that he stayed on his feet.

Also second half wasn't great to watch, few sloppy passes which is understandable since first game back. I missed the first half but hope it was a bit better than second. I'll watch it later. Back to bed me thinks

Mike Keegan ‏@MikeKeegan

Told Valencia are very, very keen to cash in on Otamendi & that #mufc prefer Ramos.

Overall with this situation, I think we will definitely come out with one of these two. Exciting times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

2nd half....

Pereira was quality, everybody else was fairly meh. Schweinsteiger didn't really have a whole pile to do, just sat in front of the back 4 kept things ticking over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Liked the few times I saw januzaj clipped or fouled that he stayed on his feet.

Also second half wasn't great to watch, few sloppy passes which is understandable since first game back. I missed the first half but hope it was a bit better than second. I'll watch it later. Back to bed me thinks

Second half was better than the first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Was a poor game. No injuries is always a positive

adox wrote: »
    Second half was better than the first!

That doesn't sound like first half was too great so! As said before and fortune main thing is no injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mutv commentator said all squad numbers are just for the tour. Don't rush out too but shirts until squad numbers for the season are announced in aug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Adamocovic wrote: »
    That doesn't sound like first half was too great so! As said before and fortune main thing is no injuries.

Personally think first half was much better. Schneiderlin was brilliant to watch, am really looking forward to seeing him playing for United in the PL. Depay made a decent contribution too

Enjoyed the game tbh, was mixed patches of boring with brilliance, Schneiderlin and Pereira were the 2 stand outs.. now, time for bed, thank feck I've no kids

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I rate his ability on the ball as far superior to Smalling or Jones and feel that as the team gets better that would be more important than a lot of other things you normally see from a CB. Look at Pique and Mascherano in Barca's defense, neither one of them great in the air but only have to be passable because of their team's ability to keep the ball and they're important to that.

Pique is very good in the air, he clears them all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Decent performances from a few players,Pereira looked very lively.A stroll in the park for Bastian in that 2nd half.

I'm just not sold on Wilson,he seems to lack presence to play in that role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

soc_g_manu_1296x729.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc

morgan-schneiderlin-cropped_1n5iqiei8r6z3136h4qyvmz97n.jpg?itok=eTuoK4eO&c=87b6d99828d88c1b8ffe17a08d24fc7d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

We are very close to signing Romero apparently, due in Manchester tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement