Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id be extremely happy of our central defenders consist of otamendi, Ramos, jones and smalling.
    It would end Evans spell at club seen as he is the only one of the current 3 not to be given a new contract yet and jones and smalling would have a bit of breathing space to learn from the new two.
    But I still cant see Ramos deal coming off I still think he will end up with a new contract at Madrid.

Really thought Smalling was very good last year and still has improvement in him. I would be happy with Ramos or Otamendi partnering him next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Really thought Smalling was very good last year and still has improvement in him. I would be happy with Ramos or Otamendi partnering him next year.

He was very good i do agree with you, but maybe another year or two of not been the dependent center back might give him time and space t learn further, i know I'm probably going to be proven wrong here but alot of central defenders dont come into top form until 25 or 26.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Trilla wrote: »
    Hey Mitch. I don't think its a case that people don't want to discuss United negatively, I think there's a few patterns that start to become a little tedious on this thread for a few posters (usually ends up in those beautiful nsfw pics though - which is nice..............very nice!)

You posted the below

I'm not sure what you expect or want to come from this post.

* A civil honest discussion on Woodward and his team\colleagues capabilities in signing players?
    * A solution to Manchester United's so called Man Utd transfer fee tax where the fees get bumped up and their geographic position in the UK?
    * Why there's a delay in signings this summer after the manager stating he'd prefer to have most of the deals done by now?

Surely this has been done to death no? Even if it hasn't I think there's better ways of phrasing it that don't come across as moany, negative, angry etc. Like suggesting why you think its not happening and asking do others agree. Very few people want to hear\read things like "Woodward again, shiit as usual" "clubs fooked and we're doomed" "no signings I'm depressed".

Arsenal have signed one player, Chelsea two, Spurs two, Man City none (as far as I'm aware) Stoke one :p It can't all be that bad!

Its like sitting beside the old man in the bar who'll do nothing but state the negative obvious issues and over hype them... usually the over hype is backed up with a story he heard or a tabloid news article that's full of BS. Nobody wants to listen to him. Nobody wants to read that. A lot of the time its how things are worded imo.

Personally I'd like to see reasons and solutions stated as to why something is going on, be it negative or positive. I'm sure this is done sometimes but not all the time, and when its not it just brings a lot of negativity with it. Also I think new rumours without sources should be a big no no. Again going back to the old man, nobody wants to hear or read his fairy-tales. These are just personal opinions and how I view things. I'm not trying to represent the people you say that tell you to "grow up" etc.

There's one or two posters on here who challenge Woodward and the staff when it comes to transfers quite frequently... and I get that to an extent. What I don't get however is when certain posters (not you in this example) post things like "i wish United fans would show some ambition and stop accepting mediocrity when it comes to our transfer dealing." I just don't understand what exactly would the fans not accepting such mediocrity + showing more ambition do? What does gathering in the masses, getting upset and negative, showing more ambition as fans, posting anger and frustration excessively on boards do for us or Manchester United? These type of comments come across as a battle cry or a way to vent (frequently).... a battle in my opinion that in this modern world we can make very little influence if any on.

Interesting clubs you picked:

Arsenal have been crying out for a goalkeeper and they got Cech to correct that situation.

Chelsea let Drogba leave and got a replacement in Falcao. Begovic would be to replace Cech.

Spurs wanted to adress their defensive issues and signed Wimmer & Trippier to do that.

Stoke have signed more than 1 but I think that may have been a joke but actually Joselu, Haugaard (for Sorenson) & Wollscheid (for Huth) have all arrived.

Manchester United need DMC, RB and ST. United have signed a winger.

So clearly theres a lot to be so positive about. The clubs you mentioned have already replaced what was allowed leave or addressed gaping squad weaknesses. We have not got a natural right back, help for Carrick OR a Falcao replacement.

Newcastle would be a better club to compare our policy with.

Just saying facts is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Arsenal have been crying out for a goalkeeper and they got Cech to correct that situation.

Don't Arsenal need another striker and a CB also? I think they do.
    Chelsea let Drogba leave and got a replacement in Falcao. Begovic would be to replace Cech.

Bit of a risk in signing him but I suppose they are champions. They need the least in terms of strengthening their squad imo.
    Spurs wanted to adress their defensive issues and signed Wimmer & Trippier to do that.

Lol they need a lot more than that.
    Stoke have signed more than 1 but I think that may have been a joke but actually

Yes it was a joke, and they didnt have Huth last season, he was out on loan to Leicester for half of it.

wow

Stoke have signed more than 1 but I think that may have been a joke but actually Joselu, Haugaard (for Sorenson) & Wollscheid (for Huth) have all arrived.

So clearly theres a lot to be so positive about. The clubs you mentioned have already replaced what was allowed leave or addressed gaping squad weaknesses. We have not got a natural right back, help for Carrick OR a Falcao replacement.

Still no panick tho if we get schneiderlin in this week and a center back we are on the right track i wouldn't panick unless we go into the tour without schneiderlin or whover he is signing for midfield i still think thats the most important signing we will make this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

In fairness we needed a winger too. So we went and signed one of the most promising young goal scoring wingers out there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hang on Begovic would be to replace Cech, you cant really credit Chelsea for something that hasnt happened yet if you are going to criticise United for things that have not happened yet.

All the clubs you mentioned need more recruitment in key positions just like United.

Depay was a player United needed and a position Van Gaal said United needed more quality in from the start.

If you were going to credit anyone for working fast and smart it should have been Liverpool.

Don't Arsenal need another striker and a CB also? I think they do.

Bit of a risk in signing him but I suppose they are champions. They need the least in terms of strengthening their squad imo.

Lol they need a lot more than that.

Yes it was a joke, and they didnt have Huth last season, he was out on loan to Leicester for half of it.

wow
    Arsenal yes but goalkeeper has plagyed them for years and would have been the most important postition to adress.

Chelsea. Yes champions so not majorly worried Drogba wasnt integral last year.

Spurs. Yes yet again but replacing Walker would have been priority.

Well they did have him in the squad and when he was loaned out they loaned in Wollscheid. Now both loans have been made permanent and Stoke arent missing a CB.

Obviously theres going to more deals made but they have at least started building for next season and plugging holes. We have plugged **** all. But of course its all sound choo choo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hey Mitch. I don't think its a case that people don't want to discuss United negatively, I think there's a few patterns that start to become a little tedious on this thread for a few posters (usually ends up in those beautiful nsfw pics though - which is nice..............very nice!)

You posted the below

I'm not sure what you expect or want to come from this post.

* A civil honest discussion on Woodward and his team\colleagues capabilities in signing players?
    * A solution to Manchester United's so called Man Utd transfer fee tax where the fees get bumped up and their geographic position in the UK?
    * Why there's a delay in signings this summer after the manager stating he'd prefer to have most of the deals done by now?

Surely this has been done to death no? Even if it hasn't I think there's better ways of phrasing it that don't come across as moany, negative, angry etc. Like suggesting why you think its not happening and asking do others agree. Very few people want to hear\read things like "Woodward again, shiit as usual" "clubs fooked and we're doomed" "no signings I'm depressed".

Arsenal have signed one player, Chelsea two, Spurs two, Man City none (as far as I'm aware) Stoke one :p It can't all be that bad!

Its like sitting beside the old man in the bar who'll do nothing but state the negative obvious issues and over hype them... usually the over hype is backed up with a story he heard or a tabloid news article that's full of BS. Nobody wants to listen to him. Nobody wants to read that. A lot of the time its how things are worded imo.

Personally I'd like to see reasons and solutions stated as to why something is going on, be it negative or positive. I'm sure this is done sometimes but not all the time, and when its not it just brings a lot of negativity with it. Also I think new rumours without sources should be a big no no. Again going back to the old man, nobody wants to hear or read his fairy-tales. These are just personal opinions and how I view things. I'm not trying to represent the people you say that tell you to "grow up" etc.

There's one or two posters on here who challenge Woodward and the staff when it comes to transfers quite frequently... and I get that to an extent. What I don't get however is when certain posters (not you in this example) post things like "i wish United fans would show some ambition and stop accepting mediocrity when it comes to our transfer dealing." I just don't understand what exactly would the fans not accepting such mediocrity + showing more ambition do? What does gathering in the masses, getting upset and negative, showing more ambition as fans, posting anger and frustration excessively on boards do for us or Manchester United? These type of comments come across as a battle cry or a way to vent (frequently).... a battle in my opinion that in this modern world we can make very little influence if any on.
    at this stage, yeah - i expect no reasoned debate on Woodward and his transfer ability - i have treid to have those debates and been called a child by several on here, so why would I bother trying again. I had several long posts stating why i have the opinions I do, over many windows, and I just get called a child or a liar.

I posted what I did because it is a form of relesae of the frustrations I feel over United's consistent inability, imo, to get transfer work done in a timely manner.

Schneiderlin, for example, was one United/Woodward were confident would be signed by Thursday/Friday last week - I've read Woodward spoke to jourrnos about this last weekend. It has gone from basically being done, to in the balance again because of out inability to deal with clubs (we are grand with players, cause of our willingness to pay massive wages). United also were briefing prior to the summer break that two deals (after Depay was announced) were basically done and were just waiting to be signed off in the summer. Those two signings must have either been lies or ballsed up because we haven't seen them. That is information I have and believe, but I know that having written this I am going to be called naive or a liar.

My disappointment at United failing to seal Schneiderlin, or these two mystery deals, will be called childish because the club didn't come out and publicly declare any of it - so it obviously isn't true, right? My annoyance at United not getting deals done prior to pre-season (starting tomorrow) will be called stupid because, again, the club didn't publicly declare thats what they wanted to do - the information I have that stated United wanted their deals done prior to pre-season starting will be called lies and made up. others will probably point out it is incredible to be disappointed at how the summer has gone so far because the information I believe is just made up in my head.

I believe more of the club than is published on the BBC - but i'll be rediculed for it.

The time taken to write this post will be an irritating waste when the usual suspects come along to have a pop at me, as they always do.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Hang on Begovic would be to replace Cech, you cant really credit Chelsea for something that hasnt happened yet if you are going to criticise United for things that have not happened yet.

All the clubs you mentioned need more recruitment in key positions just like United.

Depay was a player United needed and a position Van Gaal said United needed more quality in from the start.

If you were going to credit anyone for working fast and smart it should have been Liverpool.

I was using his examples. I assumed he was counting Begovic when he said 2 signings. Unless he meant Nathan? Who will most likely go to Vitesse Arnhem.

at this stage, yeah - i expect no reasoned debate on Woodward and his transfer ability - i have treid to have those debates and been called a child by several on here, so why would I bother trying again. I had several long posts stating why i have the opinions I do, over many windows, and I just get called a child or a liar.

I posted what I did because it is a form of relesae of the frustrations I feel over United's consistent inability, imo, to get transfer work done in a timely manner.

Schneiderlin, for example, was one United/Woodward were confident would be signed by Thursday/Friday last week - I've read Woodward spoke to jourrnos about this last weekend. It has gone from basically being done, to in the balance again because of out inability to deal with clubs (we are grand with players, cause of our willingness to pay massive wages). United also were briefing prior to the summer break that two deals (after Depay was announced) were basically done and were just waiting to be signed off in the summer. Those two signings must have either been lies or ballsed up because we haven't seen them. That is information I have and believe, but I know that having written this I am going to be called naive or a liar.

My disappointment at United failing to seal Schneiderlin, or these two mystery deals, will be called childish because the club didn't come out and publicly declare any of it - so it obviously isn't true, right? My annoyance at United not getting deals done prior to pre-season (starting tomorrow) will be called stupid because, again, the club didn't publicly declare thats what they wanted to do - the information I have that stated United wanted their deals done prior to pre-season starting will be called lies and made up. others will probably point out it is incredible to be disappointed at how the summer has gone so far because the information I believe is just made up in my head.

I believe more of the club than is published on the BBC - but i'll be rediculed for it.

The time taken to write this post will be an irritating waste when the usual suspects come along to have a pop at me, as they always do.

And those suspect guffaw and thank eachother and pat their backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

adox wrote: »
    Rule 1 of Superthread: though shalt not question Utds transfer policy.

Jesus man you broke the actual number 1 rule but I cant really talk about it

Its clear that you do, but nobody knows for certain surely? When you state you believe such things without considerable back up etc on an internet forum of course you're going to get someone throwing it back at you. Especially when it seems so early to a considerable amount of people. If its also repeated a lot its going to send the thread down a path of negativity, replies like "yawn" "here we go again" and the likes. Then the choo choos and the nsfw boob pics come out! rinse repeat rinse repeat

I know you believe or have faith in certain journos and sites. They're not right a lot of the time but some are sometimes. They should be discussed, but with caution and with the caveat that they cannot be used to base concrete sound stories off of.

There clearly is some problems with the transfers at United... but as to how big they are, if its entirely Woodwards problem or someone else at United, if its the players playing hard ball or waiting to return from Copa America \ holidays \ personal and family decisions etc, nobody really knows.

We can suspect, we can feel eager, we can feel anxious... nobody imo should deny us those feelings. Anything beyond that imo, especially expressing it a lot, is OTT

I was using his examples. I assumed he was counting Begovic when he said 2 signings. Unless he meant Nathan? Who will most likely go to Vitesse Arnhem.

You built upon the examples provided to credit those clubs as if it was really good work and criticised United by comparison. Ignoring that United did sign a player they needed in a position they needed more quality in. That transfer was worth praising since he was a player in demand.

Arsenal made the only signing worth praising among the other sides mentioned and still have a lot more work to do.

Despite the above United do have a lot of work to do, its more the examples/credit provided to others I disagreed with than the real issue (United needing more quality and quickly)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Cuatro in Spain have been busy, from ringing Van Gaal, to asking Ramos questions as he attended a wedding to doorstepping De Gea as he made his way home with his girlfriend at 2am...

• Advertisement

Really hope Janjuaz, Wilson and Pereira go on loan they look like they could be good players in the future.

All three were wasted last season and it will be the same again next season if they stay at United playing very little.

You built upon the examples provided to credit those clubs as if it was really good work and criticised United by comparison. Ignoring that United did sign a player they needed in a position they needed more quality in. That transfer was worth praising since he was a player in demand.

Arsenal made the only signing worth praising among the other sides mentioned and still have a lot more work to do.

Despite the above United do have a lot of work to do, its more the examples/credit provided to others I disagreed with than the real issue (United needing more quality and quickly)

United were miles behind Chelsea last season. Arsenal finished clear of us too. United have a load of work to do in order to just make up the difference to those sides last season, never mind surpassing them following any transfer work that will be done this season.

In comparison to Arsenal and Chelsea, United have a lot more work they need to do - more gaping holes in the first choice 11 - and why does the arguement seem to be that it is ok for United not to have got their transfer work done because other sides arguable haven't either. Can we not be proactive, quick and first to get major deals done? someone has to be first, why can't it be us?

Really hope Janjuaz, Wilson and Pereira go on loan they look like they could be good players in the future.

All three were wasted last season and it will be the same again next season if they stay at United playing very little.

More games this season coming, hopefully, so more chances to play. Wilson in particular looks well placed for the coming season - with talk of RVP and Hernandez following Falcao out of OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Can we not be proactive, quick and first to get major deals done? someone has to be first, why can't it be us?

Agreed. This is the frustration, but does anyone know the answer?

I'm hoping one or two are from the Copa America... and Scheiderlin has just hit a little bump. Finally a nice late surprise transfer!

Then we can choo choo properly:)

• Advertisement

Genuine question, why are you so keen on loans?

For me they are not always the best way to develop players. Realistically the manager would want them to play in England but the clubs that would take them are generally down the league and as a result they often get benched when things start going badly for the club (senior players get picked, new managers come in etc). Unless the right club is found they could be better off at United.

Januzaj might get a good run of games at another club like Welbeck or Evans at Sunderland but I would be afraid Wilson and Perreira could struggle for games at clubs not really interested in their development (Rossi, Fabio, Macheda type loans).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

When did Woodward speak to the media about signing someone on Wednesday?

Genuine question, why are you so keen on loans?

Because playing first team football is critical for young players to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

The signings will come boys!

United were miles behind Chelsea last season. Arsenal finished clear of us too. United have a load of work to do in order to just make up the difference to those sides last season, never mind surpassing them following any transfer work that will be done this season.

In comparison to Arsenal and Chelsea, United have a lot more work they need to do - more gaping holes in the first choice 11 - and why does the arguement seem to be that it is ok for United not to have got their transfer work done because other sides arguable haven't either. Can we not be proactive, quick and first to get major deals done? someone has to be first, why can't it be us?

I don't know about what argument others are making but i am not saying United should be excused for lack of transfers. As I said in my last post i didn't agree with the examples but the general point was correct.

Schneiderlain this summer is the perfect example of things taking longer then they should (assuming what we hear is correct). United should be criticised for that and it does point towards problems getting transfers done quickly.

Ramos, Schweinsteiger I can exuse for dragging on. Otamendi possibly understandable as he was on international duty and United having a former International manager in charge but its not clear that is the issue.

Overall I like to take what I consider to be a balanced view, its possible to be disappointed or nervous about how transfers are going while also staying patient depending on the circumstances.

If i see posts that don't make sense to me I will discuss them, like comparing United dealings to clubs that have not done anything impressive (as to where they should be aiming to get to) as a way to criticise United.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

they do it anyway - i've tried explaining my point of view in detail many times, and why I think the way I do - all I get is "You need to grow up blah blah blah". Some people just don't like to discuss United negatively.

You've lied about certain things and insulted Woodward & the clubs staff on many occasions. Its been petty and constant when we don't sign players quickly or who you want. This is not "explaining in detial" its childish.

Plenty of people discuss UTD negatively, just because we don't welcome your bashing and moaning every transfer window doesn't mean we have some blinkers on where we think the club do no wrong. I'm one of your biggest crititcs when it comes to the transfer crap and I criticise UTD plenty. Don't try twist things no to say we are all UTD fanboys.

You get called childish every transfer window because you act childish every transfer winow. The victim act won't fly.

I don't think you have the patience or understanding of what a transfer window involves to be equipped to deal with them. You have the same expectations every window and they never come but you repeat the process each window and then the moaning starts.

Because playing first team football is critical for young players to develop.

Ideally that is true. Should other factors be considered also? Like how often they will play, would a player like Wilson who reportedly needed to be looked after by senior players/coaches be better off staying around Uniteds first team players. Would opportunities of playing in high pressure scenarios for 30 minutes for United be better than 90 minutes at a lower level?

I just don't see the loan system as an absolute and best way to help players develop. Unless clubs who take players on loan have a real interest in developing a player it can be a waste and counterproductive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

David de Gea: "Real Madrid? I have to return to Manchester for pre-season." [cuatro via @nicholasrigg]

Don't know where this has come from but i hope it is true

David de Gea: "Real Madrid? I have to return to Manchester for pre-season." [cuatro via @nicholasrigg]

Don't know where this has come from but i hope it is true

he was doorstepped by some spanish rag.

It is true - he is due back for pre-season tomorrow. Nothing in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

he was doorstepped by some spanish rag.

It is true - he is due back for pre-season tomorrow. Nothing in it.

is there any video. I have a feeling he is not happy with the situation....

is there any video. I have a feeling he is not happy with the situation....

rumour is he expected it sorted way before now - and wanted it done before pre-season as he didn't want to return to United, having already said his goodbyes.

Was a story on some madrid gossip site Friday that De Gea had told Madrid to get the deal done by Monday or he was going to sign a new contract at United. I doubt that is true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

Lying in the corner in the fetal position going choo choo , sob sob, choo choo , the positivity slowly draining from my body.. Choo choo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Times saying Schneiderlin prefers Arsenal's style of play and likes the South of England,if we are serious about signing him we'd want to hurry up before Wenger decides to open the cheque book.

zerks wrote: »
    The Times saying Schneiderlin prefers Arsenal's style of play and likes the South of England,if we are serious about signing him we'd want to hurry up before Wenger decides to open the cheque book.

been well reported previously that Arsenal were favourites for him, but they have seemed to back off him. Our dithering, and their lack of movement on Carvalho/Vidal might have them looking at Schneiderlin again.

However, I would also point out it is Duncan Castles - how absolutely, and clearly, hates United and LVG in particular, so everything he writes is just dripping with a horrid sour hatred. He will do everything he can to have a pop at United/LVG whenever he can - so unless he is reporting directly on a Mendes player (Mendes likes to feed him stories) I would tend not to be arsed reading anything of his.

Is Ducker on Holidays? no tweets lately.

It would be more concering if he out his name to an article like that.

Duncan Castles said it (go back a few posts).

Is Ducker on Holidays? no tweets lately.

I saw the article quoted on the Independent,they used the Times as a source.....It's Castles-ignore him the bitter ABU so and so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

zerks wrote: »

I think it's reported by Duncan Castles who is not reliable at all. He is just a WUM and ABU

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I think it's reported by Duncan Castles who is not reliable at all. He is just a WUM and ABU

I agree about the WUM and ABU part - but if the story is about a Mendes linked player, I'd pay close attention. So if says something about DDG, I would certainly take notice. At the same time, as he is generally repeating the story from the mouth of Mendes in such circumstances, you have to account for the spin on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I agree about the WUM and ABU part - but if the story is about a Mendes linked player, I'd pay close attention. So if says something about DDG, I would certainly take notice. At the same time, as he is generally repeating the story from the mouth of Mendes in such circumstances, you have to account for the spin on it.

Mendes clients or not, I don't read his articles at all. Stopped long back. It so obvious what he is trying to do, it's like reading Sean Bateman's posts about De Gea.

His spin on Giggs' interview was pathetic and Alex Shaw rightly called him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Tbh the only writers I bother reading are Ducker and Taylor who are good journalists. Ogden, Jackson, Mitten all have certain contacts but they're not as good writers as Ducker and Taylor.

Ian Ladyman also gets a good few right too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mitten is the best imo, he rarely speculates about transfers hence being the best.
    On Sunday, it was Sergio Ramos. On Saturday, it was Bastian Schweinsteiger. Last week, it was Gareth Bale, Harry Kane, Nicolas Otamendi and Hugo Lloris. Before that: Dani Alves, Mats Hummels, Ilkay Gundogan, Mario Mandzukic, Aymeric Laporte, Edinson Cavani, Kevin Strootman, John Stones, Cristiano Ronaldo, Petr Cech, Ron Vlaar, Morgan Schneiderlin and Raphael Varane.

None of the aforementioned players have joined Manchester United, but all have been "linked" to the team -- that most intangible of terms which can mean everything and nothing in the war of bluster and brinkmanship that is the transfer market.

Quality stuff.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/2501347/sergio-ramos-david-de-gea-manchester-united-andy-mitten

CJLERL9WoAATEvC.jpg

Shorts are pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

They look 90's as ****, love it

TheDoc wrote: »
    They look 90's as ****, love it

You mean 80s doc :) 90s jerseys were either laced necks or mad designs embed into jersey or messed up colours.

I love the addidas jerseys apart from the black example with red badge but I'm sure it will grow on me.

Edit: I know it wont happen but that jersey would be perfect if it had just the sponsor writing and no logo.

• Advertisement

CJLITOsW8AAMi0o.jpg

Whoa, where did that fine little thing come outta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It feels like were back in 80's in here at times ;)

Lovely Jersey, now I could think of few players not at OT who look well in it.

By contrast the sponsors logo suits that black kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I hope to f*ck that black jersey is real! She's a beut!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement