Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

JamboMac wrote: »
    If you think I'm holding it against him I'm not, I'm just not that naive either.

Well done you legend you are truly your own man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Screwed not so much but you think a man with ego like Alex wanted somebody like Jose to come behind and carry on then your just kidding yourself. Alex wanted to be appreciated, if I knew he was wrong as soon as he was mentioned as the new manager you can guarantee Alex did or you can believe that people would never dream of doing such a thing it's your choice.

Ah get a grip, Fergie is a very intelligent man. He will always be remembered as the man who took United back to the big time. If someone came in and built on Fergies time it would have looked great on him as he had left the "foundations" in place. As it was Moyes made Fergie look like Houdini getting those performances out of the team.

Fergie also knew a powerhouse that United now are will never be down for too long so what would the point in putting my Moyes in for a season or two to **** it up. Tinfoil hat time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well done you legend you are truly your own man.

Ah the condescension, got to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Only thing i could say bad about bastian was he threw about himself too much and as someone else said he would pro long his carrer if he didnt but this will be sorted out i think. If he had schneiderlin beside him it would of been better then herrera.

yeah i think i agree with you on that, perriera really impressed me last night aswell to the point i was blowing it way out of proportion and thinking to myself fúck di maria this kid is gonna be smashing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Our midfield

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP URGHHHHHHH

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Moyes a fall guy? I've heard it all now. The Utds boards loyalty to him contributed hugely to the **** storm that the club found themselves in.

Removed before/at Christmas and that squad could have gotten a CL spot.

He was a dead man walking a couple of months into the job. The dressing room was lost. It was inevitable that he would fall. It was only stupid pride - the Utd way- stand by your manager, that left him there.

Of course he wasn't soley to blame of course and the players do carry responsibility too but it is folly to speculate that Moyes may have gotten us fourth last year.

His appointment, his management and the boards reluctance to remove him when they should set the club back a lot further than was ever necciscary from Fergusons retirement. I think the club is probably at least two years behind what could have been reasonably expected post Ferguson. A CL place in the first season with a title challenge the following was more than a reasonable expectation.

A serious title challenge I think will happen next season at the earliest.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Ah get a grip, Fergie is a very intelligent man. He will always be remembered as the man who took United back to the big time. If someone came in and built on Fergies time it would have looked great on him as he had left the "foundations" in place. As it was Moyes made Fergie look like Houdini getting those performances out of the team.

Fergie also knew a powerhouse that United now are will never be down for too long so what would the point in putting my Moyes in for a season or two to **** it up. Tinfoil hat time

Just smile and nod mate.

Our midfield

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP URGHHHHHHH

:o

Its so nice to say me have a schmidfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Screwed not so much but you think a man with ego like Alex wanted somebody like Jose to come behind and carry on then your just kidding yourself. Alex wanted to be appreciated, if I knew he was wrong as soon as he was mentioned as the new manager you can guarantee Alex did or you can believe that people would never dream of doing such a thing it's your choice.

I believe Sir Alex was only a pawn in this scheme. You need to see the bigger picture and that is that the illuminati are pulling the strings and it was really Obamas idea as we all know Obama is financed by the Glazers. Hilary Clinton will most likely succeed LVG. And of course we are always allied with Satan. We are the red devils after all. I agree the truth is out there Jambo. I have seen the light down with media see the light guys. Its a conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Liam O wrote: »
    if Liverpool didn't sell Suarez then United aren't in the CL again.

These if-then arguments looking at the past are pointless.

If you are dealing hypothetically, there are many reasons why hypothetically Suarez may not have made a huge difference last season (injury, lack of motivation after not getting his move, suspension, etc). There are equally as many if-then arguments, that could reasonably argue United could have had more points last season and finished higher (50+ injuries, bad start against beatable teams, etc)

None of it is of any value because it didn't happen.

• Advertisement

I believe Sir Alex was only a pawn in this scheme. You need to see the bigger picture and that is that the illuminati are pulling the strings and it was really Obamas idea as we all know Obama is financed by the Glazers. Hilary Clinton will most likely succeed LVG. And of course we are always allied with Satan. We are the red devils after all. I agree the truth is out there Jambo. I have seen the light down with media see the light guys. Its a conspiracy.

Sorry didn't realise all opinion must be the same and no one differ thread, if you differ from the dull what your told, it's incomprehensible. Sorry I'll leave my opinions to myself and just type hooray Man U.

I'll start now benteke is great, we so should have signed the sun say he's great and at such terrible team like villa, dribble from side of mouth.

Now somebody please tell what my next opinion should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Sorry didn't realise all opinion must be the same and no one differ thread, if you differ from the dull what your told, it's incomprehensible. Sorry I'll leave my opinions to myself and just type hooray Man U.

I'll start now benteke is great, we so should have signed the sun say he's great and at such terrible team like villa, dribble from side of mouth.

Personally , I'd like to hear your thoughts on the moon landing. But go with whatever you want man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

So are we all dull?

dxlbwy.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Liam O wrote: »
    How was Moyes supposed to react with the world falling down around him?

nothing was falling down, he was f*cked the minute he took the job as it appears that none of the players wanted or respected him.

his summer transfer window ultimately was what killed him. 99.99% of the football world knew where the holes in the team were, he ignored them.

we may not have won the league, but had Moyes went out in June/July 2013 and signed 3 top class players, we'd have made top 4 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

irishfeen wrote: »
    Fantasy Football is going to be a challenge :)

15dnaqs.jpg

Damn Fantasy Football, I'll spend ages making and tweaking a team and then I won't be arsed with it by the middle of September.

So are we all dull?

Some definitely, but they believe their smart and their mam put all their stuff on the fridge so it must be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

srcstc.gif

Yes, yes, that's right. He did it for his ego. This is a man whose ego is so big, that he thought to himself, "I know how I'd like be remembered, I'd like to purposely f*ck up my last decision in charge of the club. That will cement my legacy"

Apart from that, there is just one other little fly in the ointment of that conspiracy theory. And by fly, I mean a big stemming pile of monkey sh*t and that is: not many people thought David Moyes was the best man for the job.

Now if you excuse me, I feel like I've wasted 2 minutes of my life even engaging in this folly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

v3ttel wrote: »
    srcstc.gif

Yes, yes, that's right. He did it for his ego. This is a man whose ego is so big, that he thought to himself, "I know how I'd like be remembered, I'd like to purposely f*ck up my last decision in charge of the club. That will cement my legacy"

Apart from that, there is just one other little fly in the ointment of that conspiracy theory. And by fly, I mean a big stemming pile of monkey sh*t and that is: not many people thought David Moyes was the best man for the job.

Now if you excuse me, I feel like I've wasted 2 minutes of my life even engaging in this folly.

Well we all know Ferguson achieved nothing at Manchester United so he had to sabotage his successor in order to look good. He had to make himself look good to have something to show for his career.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    srcstc.gif

Yeah so it's as big as a conspiracy theory for you guys and I need to get the grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

Some definitely, but they believe their smart and their mam put all their stuff on the fridge so it must be true.
    Ah the condescension, got to love it.

There are differences of opinion, and then there are the completely off the wall opinions that don't hold up to any scrutiny.
    Yours falls into the second category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody decent reporting the Pedro links or is it just ITK bulls*it?

According to this Alex says it was nothing to do with the players but how Moyes played.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/21/alex-ferguson-david-moyes-manchester-united

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

nothing was falling down, he was f*cked the minute he took the job as it appears that none of the players wanted or respected him.

his summer transfer window ultimately was what killed him. 99.99% of the football world knew where the holes in the team were, he ignored them.

we may not have won the league, but had Moyes went out in June/July 2013 and signed 3 top class players, we'd have made top 4 at least.

I would say it came across a lot more like he lost the players for a number of reasons including his 'playing scared' tactical approach, rather than them wanting him gone from the start.

I think its like lord tsc said above if they all dont report it i wouldnt believe it. The english press are really clueless this summer by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    I would say it came across a lot more like he lost the players for a number of reasons including his 'playing scared' tactical approach, rather than them wanting him gone from the start.

I think he lost rio fairly quick that was obvious from his tweets and stuff.
    Was there a rumour at one stage he was trying to explain the art of defending to rio and said "this is how jagielka would do it" :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Was there a rumour at one stage he was trying to explain the art of defending to rio and said "this is how jagielka would do it" :):)

At that point in his career, poor old rio needed all the help he could get. Moyes made a lot of mistakes in his tenure but I wouldnt use a disgruntled, decling defenders opinion as a stick to beat him with. Rio was always on the way out regardless of who came in. He was awful at that point and proceeded to be awful in his time at QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just off the phone to father who over in States for Tour.

The one thing he seen compared to last two seasons is the huge confidence United fans have back again.

No ITK stories before anyone has pop or anything like but there seems to be a feeling that we are going get one very big signing before season starts.

One last thing is that LVG highly regards Pereira by all accounts. Expect him to see first team action.

Kirby wrote: »
    At that point in his career, poor old rio needed all the help he could get. Moyes made a lot of mistakes in his tenure but I wouldnt use a disgruntled, decling defenders opinion as a stick to beat him with. Rio was always on the way out regardless of who came in. He was awful at that point and proceeded to be awful in his time at QPR.

Ah i know sure if it had of been lvg rio wouldnt of made it past the first dsy of pre season im sure of that i was just pointing out rio was a pretty obvious one as was RVP in the end.

It was probably while he had them out in a local park doing countless laps of the pitch before training for set pieces in full view of everyone, before going back to Carrington to study endless film on how to react to how that weeks opposition were going to impose their game on us (rather than focusing on imposing our game on them). :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Bastian Schweinsteiger plays for Manchester United.

That is all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ogden and Ducker both started reporting it simultaneously last night in near word-for-word identical articles. Looks a definite brief to me.

It was probably while he had them out in a local park doing countless laps of the pitch before training for set pieces in full view of everyone, before going back to Carrington to study endless film on how to react to how that weeks opposition were going to impose their game on us (rather than focusing on imposing our game on them). :p

The best one was fergies book sticking out of his hand luggage.

The best one was fergies book sticking out of his hand luggage.

Hadn't even heard that one! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If we sign Pedro, we'll have him, Depay, Di Maria (maybe not for long), Young, Januzaj and Mata for the wide positions.

I think Mata will only survive if he moves central (is there even a role he could play there, in a 433?) or LVG is not as worried about injecting pace into the front line as he seems to be right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

not too gone on pedro. would prefer to see a new striker and defender and then i think we are set

Hadn't even heard that one! :p

haha noway are you serious????

just for you then so

6i7g2o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

DiMaria to be sacrificed for a move for Marquihos ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

de gea

Darmian----Smalling
    Otamendi
    Shaw

Schweinsteiger--Schneirdlain

Pedro
    Mata
    Depay-

Rooney

dont like pedro would like to see di maria stay but surely that would be line up if we signed otamendi and pedro

If we sign Pedro, we'll have him, Depay, Di Maria (maybe not for long), Young, Januzaj and Mata for the wide positions.

I think Mata will only survive if he moves central (is there even a role he could play there, in a 433?) or LVG is not as worried about injecting pace into the front line as he seems to be right now.

4231 would be perfect with mata as number 10 and schnederlin and bastian behind him.

Edit: bang beat me too it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Seeing Bastian Schweinsteiger in the red of Manchester United this morning...

tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

About the Ferguson retiring debate. I agree with pretty much everything in this video, great channel. Woodward and LVG have done an amazing job changing the squad around

Was going to ask this very question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Bastien Schweinsteiger debut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

bangkok wrote: »

de gea

Darmian----Smalling
    Otamendi
    Shaw

Schweinsteiger--Schneirdlain

Pedro
    Mata
    Depay-

Rooney

dont like pedro would like to see di maria stay but surely that would be line up if we signed otamendi and pedro

Herrera? Was in our top 3 performers last season, surely you couldnt drop him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I'd like to see something like below as our best starting 11. Smalling progressed a lot last year so maybe he could be in ahead of Rojo, I don't think there's much between them though. Dropped Mata for Depay because as good as he is, I'd prefer see a team with more pace/power. Rest of the positions pick themselves. I hope Di Maria stays and has a great season. On paper I think that team would be title contenders and do some damage in the CL, hopefully they click together :)

4hbo5y.jpg

I'd like to see something like below as our best starting 11. Smalling progressed a lot last year so maybe he could be in ahead of Rojo, I don't think there's much between them though. Dropped Mata for Depay because as good as he is, I'd prefer see a team with more pace/power. Rest of the positions pick themselves. I hope Di Maria stays and has a great season. On paper I think that team would be title contenders and do some damage in the CL, hopefully they click together :)

4hbo5y.jpg

I think thats the best formation if we have the two schmidfielders fit but they wont play each game so plenty room for mata and herrera,
    when one of the sch are missing you could have mata and herrera playing and use just one holding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I didn't know Pedro existed until this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I think leaving Smalling out of the team for Rojo is a bit unfair. If we just take last season into account at United then Smalling was our best Centre Half.

The rest of the team id agree with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

In a world where English players now seem to be all the rage for Clubs who need to comply with homegrown rules its a shock that Ross Barkley hasn't been talked about.

Can he play out wide in a front 3? He said he thinks he is a striker at heart.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement