Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GSPfan wrote: »
    In a world where English players now seem to be all the rage for Clubs who need to comply with homegrown rules its a shock that Ross Barkley hasn't been talked about.

Can he play out wide in a front 3? He said he thinks he is a striker at heart.

I like him but very inconsistent and wouod cost a lot of money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Glad to hear positive noises about Hernandez staying. With his pace, finishing and excellent awareness in and around the box I would back him to score a good number of goals over the season. With the players added I would expect United to make more chances for him should he start in place or ahead of Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I didn't know Pedro existed until this week.

You mean the guy who scored against us in the 2011 Champions League final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

thelad95 wrote: »
    You mean the guy who scored against us in the 2011 Champions League final?

Him. Has he bagged many since?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Him. Has he bagged many since?

Quick wiki check shows in the last two seasons 30 goals in 104 appearance's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

In a world where English players now seem to be all the rage for Clubs who need to comply with homegrown rules its a shock that Ross Barkley hasn't been talked about.

Massively overrated for a long while but buzz has died down over time with his performances. Looks like he has all the attributes to be an excellent attacking midfielder but doesn't contribute enough goals or provide enough for the strikers. Ends up being a passenger in some games as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If he were Portuguese or South American, many of the same fans and pundits alike that talk him up quite often, would give out endlessly about him. Good player and all with very high potential but I see extremely little chance of him hitting it personally, and he is maddening to watch at times.

Hococop wrote: »
    Quick wiki check shows in the last two seasons 30 goals in 104 appearance's

I don't think Pedro would get a regular start at Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

pedro? seriously?! spanish international and Barcelona player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How would you know if you've never heard of him? Stupid post.

• Advertisement

Are you related to jambomac???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

DM_7 wrote: »
    Glad to hear positive noises about Hernandez staying. With his pace, finishing and excellent awareness in and around the box I would back him to score a good number of goals over the season. With the players added I would expect United to make more chances for him should he start in place or ahead of Rooney.

Dont think Hernandez is good enough as our alternative striker to Rooney and certainly not good enough as a CF in a 433. Would prefer to see Wilson get game time as IMO he will be a much better player than Hernandez once he gets some more games under his belt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

If Pedro was from space and called ETnio you'd all be raving about him

Few interesting facts now I've been reading up on him

In his last 10,217 apperances on earth the sun has risen an astounding 10,217 times leading many to believe him to be responsible for this amazing feat.

He was born with both a left foot and right foot and is looked on with jealousy from Man Utd stars, Valencia and DiMaria who were born with only each.

He grew continously year on year for the first 13 years of his life, many predicted he would be as tall as the eiffel tower by the time he died

Bitta Gossip

He once dated Lionel Messis great grandmother for a week when he invented the time machine

Liam O wrote: »
    How would you know if you've never heard of him? Stupid post.

Bit touchy?

He isn't in the Barca first 11. If Utd are replacing RvP with a Barca squad member, I'd be concerned. It was the same with you people pining over Thiago Alcântara, who amounted to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Seriously? How?

That has me flabbergasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Keno wrote: »
    Seriously? How?

Nah, Chelsea signed him last summer.

I'll get me coat.

Keno wrote: »
    Seriously? How?

I was using poetic license to prove my point. Obviously a literary device most are unaware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Bit touchy?

He isn't in the Barca first 11. If Utd are replacing RvP with a Barca squad member, I'd be concerned. It was the same with you people pining over Thiago Alcântara, who amounted to nothing.

pedro is class... the fact you have never heard of him is very strange. He scored the first goal against us in Champions league final at wembley.

He is not in starting 11 as he has messi suarez and neymar ahead of him.

he played 318 times for barca scoring nearly 100 goals. 1 in 3 for a winger

over 50 caps for spain.

he is class

either you have only started following football or have very limited knowledge of football i dont know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Bit touchy?

Yeah he just starts for the 3rd best team in the world. What a failure. You're on form tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Bit touchy?

He Was out injured for the guts of a year in fairness to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

I was using poetic license to prove my point. Obviously a literary device most are unaware of.

Dude your meant to say you were being hyperbolic, then someone will say they hate that word and ur a hipster. Then somelse will say its hipsterish to call someone hipster. Someone will bring Nani into the debate and Bangkock will somehow tie Fellaini being rusbbish into the whole debacle.

But this thread only works if people use the right words sheeeeeeeeesh

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Give IamtheWalrus a break, I know Pedro from watching Spanish football, Spain but I would not have guessed Pedro was the person who scored against us in that CL match, like to forget bad memories...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

if the arguement is "we shouldn't sign someone who can't displace Messi, Suarez or Neymar from the Barcelona squad", we aren't going to be signing anyone every again :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I don't think Pedro is class, he's a good player but if it was between signing him and keeping Di Maria to try prove himself I'd side with Di Maria easily because he's capable of much more. Pedro is a bit brainless as a player imo and would end up frustrating people like Nani did. Obviously if Di Maria is leaving he'd be a good addition to the squad

So we can go for Messi now too, yeah? :pac:

I don't think Pedro is class

blasphemer_200x200.jpg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So we can go for Messi now too, yeah? :pac:

That argument is an extreme one. I never fancied him as a player, and with the added physicality of the PL I'm not sure he'd be a success. I know Sanchez etc proved to be great in the PL, but Pedro isn't anywhere near the same class. Time will tell I suppose

That argument is an extreme one. I never fancied him as a player, and with the added physicality of the PL I'm not sure he'd be a success. I know Sanchez etc proved to be great in the PL, but Pedro isn't anywhere near the same class. Time will tell I suppose

Actually, I wasn't referring to it in context of the Pedro debate but the whole Barca presidential result. :)

Actually, I wasn't referring to it in context of the Pedro debate but the whole Barca presidential result. :)

No worries, my bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,661 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Pedro is a good player but I rather see an improvement further back first before another attacker is added. Not short of decent options for supporting Rooney from wide

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rumours are Sergio Romero is next to be signed.

Pedro is a good player but I rather see an improvement further back first before another attacker is added. Not short of decent options for supporting Rooney from wide

You're talking as if signing Pedro and signing a defender have anything to do with each other.

You're talking as if signing Pedro and signing a defender have anything to do with each other.

They sort of do if there are only to be two more signings.

Maths, apparently.

I don't think he's the type of attacking player they need as a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

You must be new to football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Messi is 28 and IMO moving on. Tired legs.

He be 31 in 3 years time and we'll past it by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Messi is 28 and IMO moving on. Tired legs.

He be 31 in 3 years time and we'll past it by then.

That's my concern with James Wilson. A lot of people are talking about him having big potential but he'll be 49 in 30 years and well over the hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They sort of do if there are only to be two more signings.

Maths, apparently.

I don't think he's the type of attacking player they need as a priority.

LVG did not say there would only be two more signings. He said there would be at least two positions need strengthening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

zerks wrote: »

Well yeah their source for Bale being a target is that Van Gaal mentioned "surprise" in his press conference and so that means there will definitely be a surprise signing and so that definitely means it's Bale.

It's mad. Twitter is the best source of football information now.

LVG did not say there would only be two more signings. He said there would be at least two positions need strengthening.

Fairy nuff.

I just think a keeper, centre half and striker would be higher priority and I don't see 4 signings happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »
    Well yeah their source for Bale being a target is that Van Gaal mentioned "surprise" in his press conference and so that means there will definitely be a surprise signing and so that definitely means it's Bale.

All the leaks out of United are plugged.Unless the press are briefed or the leaks come from selling clubs then it's a guessing game for journo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Between me thinking Memphis is being precious about his name and pedro and another one I can't remember.

Today was a **** day for opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

When's the next preseason game?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

adox wrote: »

I usually don't believe a rumour unless posted by the beebs or until I see at least 5 gifs posted in celebration here.

Between me thinking Memphis is being precious about his name and pedro and another one I can't remember.

Today was a **** day for opinions.

In your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MagicIRL wrote: »
    When's the next preseason game?

Tuesday against San Jose, not sure about kick off time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What a Gentleman Mata is, having a full blown conversation with the young mascot

66vQle.gif

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Same time i think then barca is 9 in evening and psg is 2 in morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Same again, 4am then the game against Barca on Sat is at a watchable hour, think thats 9 or 10 here and the last game against psg wednesday 29th is on in Chicago 8pm local time which i think is 2am here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Times of games are on offical website for people curious.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement