Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats the footballer mentality. They dont remember the 15 times that the manager stuck with them after a poor game. They remember the one time they were dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Fair play to Shaw for getting in good condition but it baffles me how a professional footballer isn't in peak condition 100% of the time.

I suppose it's 100% in elite athlete context, not us everyday normal people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I like Van Gaal more now that Van Persie has told us how ruthless he is. The Dutch just don't seem to get along with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GSPfan wrote: »
    I like Van Gaal more now that Van Persie has told us how ruthless he is. The Dutch just don't seem to get along with each other.

A big fall from grace seen as he was tipped by all of the media and most fans to be the next united captain. United needed someone like lvg to come in that didnt give a crap lets just hope we see a big improvement on thw pitch now this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

baz2009 wrote: »
    Even when himself and Lee Sharpe were throwing parties and drinking when they were around Shaw and Januzaj's ages?

Not really an accurate comparison is it now? Giggs lasted two decades more then sharpe at the peak of football. You don't do that by having a party lifestyle... Sharpe is a warning to what happens when you don't grow up and bring professionalism to your game... Giggs is an example of what you can do if you take your career seriously..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Aguero, Silva, Tevez, Mata, Sanchez, Oscar, Coutinho just to name a few who are not tall but who are great.

There all two inches or so taller and all bar maybe Coutinho a fair but more built. It obviously works for Messi, I'm not saying he wouldn't be a success but most of those players you've listed are known for being tough and combative which Pedro is not.

I think he's a good plater but just cautioning as to whether he has the physicality to step into the premier league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ok Ed its Sunday,

Time for some signings.

But the stock exchange isn't open,

and and, the adidas deal isn't for another few weeks, and and.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

So do we know when the new kits are getting officially announced/released?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

New kits will be released on August 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

humour thread link from Chelsea fan - Bless :) Filipe Luis just forgotten about? Plus where did they get those figures. No way is Darmain on 100k a week, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Considering transfer speculation is woeful at the best of times, where contract figures are plucked from is beyond me. "Journalists" can't even figure out who's moving to which club, not a hope they know how much players are paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Trilla wrote: »
    humour thread link from Chelsea fan - Bless :) Filipe Luis just forgotten about? Plus where did they get those figures. No way is Darmain on 100k a week, surely?

I read an article that said 40 or 50 but thought he'd be on a bit more. Ironic as well how Chelsea have bought Matic twice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I always wonder about where people get their wage info tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I always wonder about where people get their wage info tbh.

For new signings I dont know. Otherwise I'd guess Fifa or FM.

i know its not gospel but on football manager 2015 azpueliwhatever is on 80k.

Didnt they buy Matic 2 times aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Where do SI and EA get their numbers from?

Speaking of football manager, I'm in january and depay already has 10 league goals playing off left wing.

Where do SI and EA get their numbers from?

There is a documentary made about football manager im sure most have watched it but it goes into detail about the amount of scouts they have in each country and work that goes into replicating the attributes and contracts from sources.
    I know most people laugh at it but its not a bad way for a fan to figure out a player as a general ball park you can see if he is fast or slow or what his tendancies are.

jayo26 wrote: »
    There is a documentary made about football manager im sure most have watched it but it goes into detail about the amount of scouts they have in each country and work that goes into replicating the attributes and contracts from sources.
    I know most people laugh at it but its not a bad way for a fan to figure out a player as a general ball park you can see if he is fast or slow or what his tendancies are.

Except for Freddy Adu & Serge Mafoko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I just logged on & saw the following post:

"Is this the most dissapointing transfer window of recent times?"

I thought who the f**k posted that & then I realised that I had clicked on the City thread by mistake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

From someone's ass.

The person who broke the transfer news said Darmian is paid 1.8Million Euros per year, Guardian reported he is on 30K per week but some genius just came up with 100K per week,

Who gives a damn what the players are paid, it's none of our business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Id leave them to it posting up the stuff like that, it makes them look genuinely worried by our transfer dealings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    Id leave them to it posting up the stuff like that, it makes them look genuinely worried by our transfer dealings

Who paid £50 million for Torres? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Or the fact United built up an empire from scratch and earned that money through success, whereas Chelsea got it from their sugar daddy. It's not a bad thing as it increased the competitiveness of the league, but it's apples and oranges really.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

As as few Dubs keep saying he is from Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Football manager is extremely realistic. A few pl clubs have bought the license from the crowd who make the database for scouting.

Obviously it's a game and they can't predict future growth but they make a good estimated guess based on current ability.
    The back room work that makes the game is fantastic though.

Depay and januzaj in mine go on to share ballon dors.
    And errr jones goes onto be a very good defender.

As as few Dubs keep saying he is from Cork

what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

what?

Nothing its long story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Navas given the number 1 shirt at Real. Possible indicator that De Gea is staying for one last year. One can hope anyway.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/david-de-gea-to-real-madrid-keylor-navas-given-real-no-1-shirt-hinting-deal-for-manchester-united-goalkeeper-is-over-10400169.html

Nothing its long story.

Go on... Tell us

Football manager is extremely realistic. A few pl clubs have bought the license from the crowd who make the database for scouting.

Obviously it's a game and they can't predict future growth but they make a good estimated guess based on current ability.
    The back room work that makes the game is fantastic though.

Depay and januzaj in mine go on to share ballon dors.
    And errr jones goes onto be a very good defender.

Yeh it is pretty darn good at least they have fixed that bug where Anderson turned into one of the best midfielders in the game every year he is officially pants now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

RichFTW wrote: »

I think De Gea prefers the number 13. Has no. 13 been taken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

RichFTW wrote: »

I took you up wrong. Naval gets no.1 and Casilla has been bought. Yeah, good indications that De Gea is staying for another season.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I think De Gea prefers the number 13. Has no. 13 been taken?

13 was Navas

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Navas took 1, Casilla took 13.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/football/squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

De Gea should be ours for a year. If we do well maybe he could stay longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Sid Lowe says he is being asked a lot on twitter about the De Gea/Ramos situation.
    Says Ramos looking to move to United, United want him, Real Madrid interestingly enough quoted a price to United which was not the buyout clause, and De Gea has an agreement with Real Madrid.

https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/622822928653123584
    https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/622823244752637952
    https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/622823535329853440
    https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/622824563831926785

He has more tweets about it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

What's the name of this doc? Link maybe please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

De Gea should be ours for a year. If we do well maybe he could stay longer.

I sure the club has begged him enough already to sign a new contract. He's here for another season, maybe, and then he can fúck off leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Will be such a blow if he goes.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I sure the club has begged him enough already to sign a new contract. He's here for another season, maybe, and then he can fúck off leave.

If we can get a decent title attempt going it could sway him to stay around longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If we can get a decent title attempt going it could sway him to stay around longer.

He is leaving whatever the outcome, he gets to move home to Spain to their biggest club. He has rejected a lot of money from United, so it is not a money thing or a success thing, he just wants to be back home in Spain.

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    What's the name of this doc? Link maybe please?

Football manager ruined my life, its about how the game came about and interviews with celebrity and sports people that played the game and a few minutes on the past wonderkids and where they ended up.

Im not sure of links i watched it on xbmc/kodi but im sure its available on all good respectable torrent sites.

Football manager ruined my life, its about how the game came about and interviews with celebrity and sports people that played the game and a few minutes on the past wonderkids and where they ended up.

Im not sure of links i watched it on xbmc/kodi but im sure its available on all good respectable torrent sites.

Wasnt there some Azerbaijani kid who actually got a job managing their league champions from his FM CV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sid Lowe says he is being asked a lot on twitter about the De Gea/Ramos situation.
    Says Ramos looking to move to United, United want him, Real Madrid interestingly enough quoted a price to United which was not the buyout clause, and De Gea has an agreement with Real Madrid.

https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/622822928653123584
    https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/622823244752637952
    https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/622823535329853440
    https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/622824563831926785

He has more tweets about it too.

https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/622825869061529600

Could've said that in the first place, Sid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I hope Ed does something mad like offer Dave to Atletico in a swap for Oblak. They could even do a loan deal where Dave signs a new contract and gets a two year loan home. Oblak joins United for two years.

Screw you Perez.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement