Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

DM_7 wrote: »
    I hope Ed does something mad like offer Dave to Atletico in a swap for Oblak. They could even do a loan deal where Dave signs a new contract and gets a two year loan home. Oblak joins United for two years.

Screw you Perez.

would be nice to see atletico come in with a crazy offer just to get real to panic buy

wont happen though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    would be nice to see atletico come in with a crazy offer just to get real to panic buy

wont happen though

Dont think he actually wants to go back there I say its the alure of real why he wants out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Di Marzio saying Spurs are after Hernandez. Would do very well for them imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I seriously doubt Athletico could pay him the wages he deserves. If you are gonna move to Madrid you may aswell play for Real and get filthy rich.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Di Marzio saying Spurs are after Hernandez. Would do very well for them imo.

I think he would do well for any side that starts him every week.

Not sure he would be ahead of Kane and Eriksen. He would probably get as much game time with United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

DM_7 wrote: »
    I think he would do well for any side that starts him every week.

Not sure he would be ahead of Kane and Eriksen. He would probably get as much game time with United.

But Kane will be at United :-)

irishchris wrote: »
    But Kane will be at United :-)

Well okay then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Kinda annoyed with ddg to be honest. Think he could have signed a short extension to his existing contract to ensure utd got a fair price for him. For me he's completely undid anything he did with utd.

When he came his Form was erratic but to be fair utd stuck with him and he came through it all. Just think people here are giving him an easy ride

Surely an agreement could have been done along the lines of sign an extension but you can leave if we get a fair offer behind the scenes.

Also for what it's worth I'd sell Di Maria and try and get Bale in to replace him. Be sure of Bale staying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

His form was never erratic. He's always been excellent for us.

Kinda annoyed with ddg to be honest. Think he could have signed a short extension to his existing contract to ensure utd got a fair price for him. For me he's completely undid anything he did with utd.

When he came his Form was erratic but to be fair utd stuck with him and he came through it all. Just think people here are giving him an easy ride

Surely an agreement could have been done along the lines of sign an extension but you can leave if we get a fair offer behind the scenes.

I cant argue with that

• Advertisement

at the very start he was fairly dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    at the very start he was fairly dodgy
    He was just flappy initially, always was a brilliant shot stopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Can we just stop lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Also for what it's worth I'd sell Di Maria and try and get Bale in to replace him. Be sure of Bale staying
    His first six months were a bit of a disaster, but there was nobody worthwhile to start over him and he improved dramatically after that to become possibly (probably?) been our best player over the last three years. Obviously we all would like for him to have signed a new deal, but the fact is that if he had not played well to this point he likely would not be offered a new contract by the club.

Loyalty (or lack of loyalty) goes both ways.

United better be really good in possession next season.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-van-gaal-hints-9685764

Van Gaal is keen to add another centre-back to his squad before the transfer deadline but so far United’s approaches for Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos have been knocked back.

Asked whether Blind would play more games at centre-back next season, Van Gaal replied: “It could be, it could be.

“Marcos Rojo is not here, he shall come on July 25. I want to play always with a left-footed central defender and he can do the job. Maybe he shall play. But other players can play there.

“Last year I played with Jones and Smalling in that position. Even McNair has played there. But my preference is always a left-footed central defender.

“In Rojo and Blind, we have two players who can play there.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

More signings are only around the corner.

Woodward pretty much said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,661 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

When he came his Form was erratic but to be fair utd stuck with him and he came through it all.

United didn't stick with him out of sympathy as of he was some charity case. He was the best keeper on the books so he was picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

United didn't stick with him out of sympathy as of he was some charity case. He was the best keeper on the books so he was picked.

Pretty sure he got dropped and lidergaard was selected, he did OK then picked up an injury before the Chelsea game which brought ddg back in the team and had a good few saves ( Mata's last minute fk he saved top corner) that game made him first choice again

Thats how I remember it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

So it would appear that most peoples first choice center half option of New Signing plus smalling won't materialise, it's going to be new signing plus Rojo.

This left sided center half stuff is nonsense, Rio and Vidic were the best pairing in the clubs history, Stan/Berg/Johnsen, Bruce and Pallister and Barely a left leg between them. Same goes for Terry/Cahill and multiple other top CH partnerships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,661 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hococop wrote: »
    Pretty sure he got dropped and lidergaard was selected, he did OK then picked up an injury before the Chelsea game which brought ddg back in the team and had a good few saves ( Mata's last minute fk he saved top corner) that game made him first choice again

Thats how I remember it

I wasn't suggesting he played every game ever.

But there was a reason Lindegaard didn't get too many chances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

So it would appear that most peoples first choice center half option of New Signing plus smalling won't materialise, it's going to be new signing plus Rojo.

This left sided center half stuff is nonsense, Rio and Vidic were the best pairing in the clubs history, Stan/Berg/Johnsen, Bruce and Pallister and Barely a left leg between them. Same goes for Terry/Cahill and multiple other top CH partnerships.

Van Gaal plays in a different way to Fergie/Mourinho though. He places a lot of emphasis on possesion and likes his centre backs to push up high and split. I can see why he has a big preference for a left footer at LCB, it definitely gives a bit more balance to his system.

Purely for defending it would not make sense but that is not why its preferred. Its for balance when in possession, to reduce the requirement for the left sided defender to play across his defence when in possession or play long and straight down the field. Its not an absolute either just a preference in an ideal scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Looks like Vidal is off to Munich.

Schweinsteiger is better though, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,387 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Korat wrote: »
    Looks like Vidal is off to Munich.

Schweinsteiger is better though, right?

different types of players, Vidal more dynamic, imo, more of an attacking threat. Schweinsteiger more a controller.

I would say part of theissue, if we ever considered one over the other, is that LVG knows BS and BS knows what LVG wants and how he works - thus less of a risk of LVG trying to remake Vidal (a la ADM) and failing, or Vidal simply not working out because he can't adapt to the 'philosophy'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

different types of players, Vidal more dynamic, imo, more of an attacking threat. Schweinsteiger more a controller.

I would say part of theissue, if we ever considered one over the other, is that LVG knows BS and BS knows what LVG wants and how he works - thus less of a risk of LVG trying to remake Vidal (a la ADM) and failing, or Vidal simply not working out because he can't adapt to the 'philosophy'.

Or Vidal simply having no interest in playing for Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

He undid everything becuase of something that may or may not happen??

This is silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

You didn't watch much if him then did you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You didn't watch much if him then did you.

Only every game. You must have only read about the games in the paper.

in the papers that LVG would be happy to go into the season without adding another striker.

Hope it is bullsh1t - we can't go without adding a striker, Wilson isn't strong enough, Rooney has rarely been a consistent enough scorer, Chico hasn't been good enough in a few seasons. Worrying noises.

Hopefully it is cause we are gonna land Bale...

Hopefully there is some movement this week with Woodward back in Manchester - we need to add a defender and an attacker. Was confident both would happen.

• Advertisement

Think we will sign a player this week.

If we sign 2, its Positivity Train 24\7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Think we will sign a player this week.

If we sign 2, its Positivity Train 24\7.

Train derailed by ADM joining PSG late Friday.....

If ADM leaves and Bale comes in, would people be happy or not, or in the middle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

dahat wrote: »
    Train derailed by ADM joining PSG late Friday.....

You can take your negativity and get off at the next station.

CHOO CHOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

de Gea was never erratic.
    He made a couple of mistakes.

People may say it was brilliant man management, and perhaps it was, but I could never understand the reasons behind playing Lindegaard, a clearly inferior goalkeeper. And I'm sure I said so at the time.

Just hope now that v3ttel or some young pretender doesn't prove me wrong :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

If ADM leaves and Bale comes in, would people be happy or not, or in the middle?

Happy. Delighted. Ecstatic. Bale has the potential to offer a "Ronaldo-like" dimension to the team and for that alone he'd trump any other player.

Hell just roll the clocks back to 2008 now and I'll inform Wayne he'll playing this season on the left wing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

This one --> :D

i would go ****ing mental, i would be jumping up and down :D

a lot of talk towards the end of the season and over the summer that Bale wants to play more centrally for Madrid - so a central attacking role for United would be what he wants (if he were to sign for United). Would assume it would be a free role off Rooney he'd want. Fook knows if we are going for him are he has any interest in signing for us. I've read previously he would like to sign for us - for family reasons, but can't vouch for it, obvioulsy.

Have to believe it is BS or bluffing in the press. We simply can't rely on Rooney as the only player likely to be able to get 20+ goals all season. He may not do it, and one player doing it isn't enough.

EDIT: Read your post wrong.

I'd be happy as long as LVG had an actual plan this time round, and didn't dump Bale to the bench for not reinventing himself to a different player.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Would rather Di Maria stay and prove himself, god knows it'd cost a **** TONNE of money to prise Bale away from Madrid.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Would rather Di Maria stay and prove himself, god knows it'd cost a **** TONNE of money to prise Bale away from Madrid.

He would cost a fortune alright - but he would add a goal threat that we need. Signing Bale (or Ronaldo) would make sense of not signing a central striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'd be absolutely delirious if we signed Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Smalling and Jones are a disaster on the ball on the left side of the CB partnership. Evans not much better despite being good with his left foot. For the system LVG plays you need someone who can play it away from the goal easily with their strong side. I never put much stock into it before seeing the shambles of the first half of last season.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    You can take your negativity and get off at the next station.

CHOO CHOO

It ain't negativity its been realistic.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

BBC Sports via France's L'Equipe running with Di Maria to PSG, but Man United holding out for £52 million pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I didn't think LVG would use Schneiderlin as the number 8 but it looks like that may be the case going by the last game. Carrick and Schneiderlin duo gives you a bit more freedom further forward to play attack minded players. Schweiny can sub in for Carrick and Herrera for Morgan for rotation during the season

The quality and interchangeability of this front 4 should wreak havoc on most teams

Di Maria Mata Depay
    ...........Rooney..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

He undid everything becuase of something that may or may not happen??

This is silly.

So you believe he's going to sign a new contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Van Gaal said the same thing last season but when Rojo was fit, we played with Smalling - Evans, Smalling - Jones combination. So I wouldn't say he strictly wants that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    BBC Sports via France's L'Equipe running with Di Maria to PSG, but Man United holding out for £52 million pounds.

If we did sell him for that our overall NET ( thanks zerks :) )spend this summer would be £18 million. We could easily bid £80+ million on Bale, not sure if I would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hococop wrote: »
    If we did sell him for that our overall spend this summer would be £18 million.

Net spend la.:pac::pac:

So if ADM goes and Pedro comes in i think the midfield of two Sch with Herrera would be **** hot.

Schnerdlin-Schwenstaiger-Herrara

Depay--Rooney---Pedro

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement