Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I see a lot of Bayern fans going "it will never happen; even if a bid is accepted, Muller won't want to go".

But you'd have to imagine there's no way we'd be bidding like mad if there wasn't some signals from his camp that he would be interested.

Anyway, strikes me Ed wants a €100m player this summer, be it Bale or Muller. Be interesting to see who option 3 is (and, for instance, if the bids have been going in and we don't know about them).

Barring Ronaldo, I can't think of any other players who'd go for 100m that we'd have a 1% possibility of getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

All the English journos are reporting that the Muller bid is untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

adox wrote: »
    All the English journos are reporting that the Muller bid is untrue.

The English journos know NOTHING...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

titan18 wrote: »
    Barring Ronaldo, I can't think of any other players who'd go for 100m that we'd have a 1% possibility of getting.

I'm sure there will be a journalist somewhere claiming Messi dislikes the elected Barca president and wants to leave and we want to sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Well if we are going to sign a big big signing, its nearly guarenteed to be an Addidas sponsered guy.

Thats Muller, Bale or Messi.

There probably the 3 biggest addidas players i know of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Do we need to call futureguy yet lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Do we need to call futureguy yet lads?
    I got this!

9tHmpgk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

70million POUNDS for Muller seems absolutely insane money - wouldn't have though him worth anywhere close to that to be honest, half that. Whether it is true or not, i've no idea at the moment.

Also, my opinion is that Bayern would be simultaneously insane to accept or reject it.

Insane to reject it because it is way more than he is worth, imo.
    Insane to accept it because the Munich fans would absolutely riot if they sold Muller this summer having already sold their other German icon, Schweinsteiger (along with letting Kroos leave last summer).

At 70million we should be close to getting Bale who I think would be a better signing. I do like Muller - i just don't htink he has the x-factor win a game on his won magic a player of that price should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

After Rooney injures himself in the Duncan Ferguson testimonial and is out for 3 months, this will be our team after the transfer window closes...

Cillessen
    Darmian---Ramos--Rojo--Shaw
    --Schneiderlin--Schweinsteiger
    Herrera
    Muller---Depay---Ronaldo

You can call me a visionary in September... :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Muller story is complete rubbish according to almost everybody.

,€100m is crash money, no way is he worth that anyway. That's Messi money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If you reckon you could get Messi for 100 million euro, we need to be getting you into Woodward's job immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

70million POUNDS for Muller seems absolutely insane money - wouldn't have though him worth anywhere close to that to be honest, half that. Whether it is true or not, i've no idea at the moment.

Also, my opinion is that Bayern would be simultaneously insane to accept or reject it.

Insane to reject it because it is way more than he is worth, imo.
    Insane to accept it because the Munich fans would absolutely riot if they sold Muller this summer having already sold their other German icon, Schweinsteiger (along with letting Kroos leave last summer).

At 70million we should be close to getting Bale who I think would be a better signing. I do like Muller - i just don't htink he has the x-factor win a game on his won magic a player of that price should have.
    To each their own, but money etc not being an issue, I would take Muller over Bale every day of the week. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, especially.

Muller story is complete rubbish according to almost everybody.

Ahh stop id pay 200 million for messi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

If you reckon you could get Messi for 100 million euro, we need to be getting you into Woodward's job immediately.

You can only offer what a club think the players worth, it's not like bale was really worth that fee but Real Madrid where willing to pay it.

I think if we really offered 100 million for muller bayern would have accepted it.

Messi's buyout clause is €250 MILLION EUROS, IF United were interested in Messi, Woodward would literally have to break the bank and in turn set a new world record transfer fee...

Billy86 wrote: »
    To each their own, but money etc not being an issue, I would take Muller over Bale every day of the week. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, especially.

Yup me too.

If muller comes id say di maria is definitly going and if thats the case well:

we spent 80 odd million so far,

di maria sale would bring in maybe 45 million or maybe 50,

if we spent maybe max 70 million on muller that would be roughly 110 million spent,

30 million on top of that to sign otamendi

we end up spending 140 million and strengthen our squad in just about all areas of pitch.

I really dont think we would get muller tho.

Muller is a world class player and would be perfect for our team. He is one player you hope is playing if one wants to watch a Bayern Munich game as he is special.
    I would just love to have him at United and €100 million would be well spent on world class quality, if rumour is true.

JamboMac wrote: »
    You can only offer what a club think the players worth, it's not like bale was really worth that fee but Real Madrid where willing to pay it.

I think if we really offered 100 million for muller bayern would have accepted it.

Im in agreement with you jambo wooohooooo

Chooo chooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

wouldnt surpise me if we finsihed this week off with another signing out of the blue ala schweinsteiger. but the chances of it being muller I just cant see it.

just booked my tickets for the spurs game so fingers crossed here that I will be watching the following team come out of the tunnel.

de gea
    darmian - ottamendi - rojo - shaw
    schweinsteiger - schnederlin
    herrera
    di maria/mata - rooney - depay

that is a formidable team and surely has to do damage both in the premier league and the champions league. by some miracle in all the many many times I have been I have never left old trafford after losing a game and that includes during the moyes reign with a 4-0 thumping of norwich (although technically it was giggs in charge for that one as moyes had got the boot few days prior to it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Could have been a miss-translation and it could have been rummenige saying United would have to offer €100 million if they want him.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Muller is a world class player and would be perfect for our team. He is one player you hope is playing if one wants to watch a Bayern Munich game as he is special.
    I would just love to have him at United and €100 million would be well spent on world class quality, if rumour is true.
    He is just incredibly efficient rather than flashy, which leads some to overlook him a bit. The guy is fantastic and very versatile

Sadly I agree with jayo that I just don't see us getting him - if we were ever going to, it would have likely been in a 100mn+ double swoop for him and Schweini around the same time. Hmph. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

There'd be uproar in Munich if Bayern sold Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Muller within 2 summers. Not a chance of it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Everyone having Otamendi in their predicted lineups yet I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he's even a target?

On the other hand addidas do part own bayern :):):)

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Everyone having Otamendi in their predicted lineups yet I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he's even a target?

what?

What in the name of fook would it take for you to accept even a suggestion he is a target? I'm assuming not a single report from Spain is enough for you....:confused:

Thats why he is a target :) we seen Nothing about Darmian until 3 days before he was confirmed, depay was joining pool the day before we signed him and schweinsteiger was happy in germany the week before we signed them.

The press know nothing this summer.

This is how the club should do business every transfer window, on the downlow & keep the english journos completely in the dark about everything.

There is a major problem in German club football, the club that comes last in the Premier league gets more prize money than the team that wins the Bundesliga.

There is a major problem in German club football, the club that comes last in the Premier league gets more prize money than the team that wins the Bundesliga.

Not an issue for Bayern though - their merchandising cash dwarfs everyone in europe and their sponsorship is huge too.

• Advertisement

I don't really follow Spanish journalists because they're notorious bulls**t merchants. Mainly English journalists, particularly one or 2 from MEN who have said repeatedly that if he's a target he's well down the list. So who do you believe?

Obviously none of us are privy to what's going on at all because Ed has done a good job behind the scenes but I wouldn't be taking anything from a Spanish source too seriously. In saying that, there aren't many other CBs we could go after who'd be available.

It's like this latest Muller stuff. Do you believe the German media or the English media (who've said there's been no bid made)?

After Rooney injures himself in the Duncan Ferguson testimonial and is out for 3 months, this will be our team after the transfer window closes...

Cillessen
    Herrera
    Muller---Depay---Ronaldo

Welcome back Shadowcomplex

:pac:

I don't really follow Spanish journalists because they're notorious bulls**t merchants. Mainly English journalists, particularly one or 2 from MEN who have said repeatedly that if he's a target he's well down the list. So who do you believe?

Obviously none of us are privy to what's going on at all because Ed has done a good job behind the scenes but I wouldn't be taking anything from a Spanish source too seriously. In saying that, there aren't many other CBs we could go after who'd be available.

It's like this latest Muller stuff. Do you believe the German media or the English media (who've said there's been no bid made)?

Has this summer not proved english journalists haven't a clue and the foreign ones are better? German press broke Schweinsteiger first. Italian broke Darmain. Dutch Memphis and French Schneiderlin.

English said we more or less signed Gundogan and that was Sky Sports.

From English media we have had no inkling on Darmian - and reports taht we had ended interest in Schneiderlin after signing Schweinstiger. (there were conflicting reports).

I see no reason to accept at face value any report over another. Of course the english media could be right, but so could the spanish media. United being very quiet this summer so there is more chance of foreign press getting the leaks first.

Basically - to say there isn't even a suggestion Otamendi is a target is fecking insane.

I think its more to do with the fact that any leaks are coming from the other side so the English media have nothing to work with so everything is guesswork..

As Whatisname said just look at who broke all our transfers first

English said we more or less signed Gundogan and that was Sky Sports.

That was based on reports from a very reputable source in Germany - that were still ging strong on it being a done deal a couple of weeks later - so is wrong to pin that in England/Sky.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, we'll find out soon enough anyway. I hope I'm proven wrong because we badly need at least one CB.

Fair enough, we'll find out soon enough anyway. I hope I'm proven wrong because we badly need at least one CB.

well we may not find out. Otamendi not being signed does not mean Otamendi has not been a target. Same with players like Alves and Hummels.

That was based on reports from a very reputable source in Germany - that were still ging strong on it being a done deal a couple of weeks later - so is wrong to pin that in England/Sky.

Oh shít yeah actually just remembered that. Your example of the press saying we went off Schneiderlin after signing Schweinsteiger was probably a better example or how they had Memphis to Liverpool a day before we signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Messi's buyout clause is €250 MILLION EUROS, IF United were interested in Messi, Woodward would literally have to break the bank and in turn set a new world record transfer fee...

doesnt Ramos have a release clause of around that also, along with multiple other players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ah hahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

They aren't predicted line ups. They are possible line ups based on transfer speculation.

And so what.

https://twitter.com/BSchweinsteiger/status/623154590301716480

Basti also tweets the same in German to let the Germans (players :P) know how great United are.

doesnt Ramos have a release clause of around that also, along with multiple other players?

Pretty sure every Spanish contract has to have a buyout clause for some reason, so for marquee players especially at big clubs they will often just make it an absurdly high level. What I never got is clubs that sign players and put them on buyout clauses for barely more than, if not equal to, and sometimes even less than, the player was bought for.

It was the German media that was running with the Schweinsteiger story way before the English media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Messis and Ronaldos clause is around 1 billion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Cillessen
    Herrera
    Muller---Depay---Ronaldo

They won't spend big on both Muller and Ronaldo. It will be one or the other or neither.

https://twitter.com/BSchweinsteiger/status/623154590301716480

Basti also tweets the same in German to let the Germans (players :P) know how great United are.

All we need then is for muller to like it or retweet it and then "ITS HAPPENING"

CHOOO CHOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Big signing coming up I reckon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

astradave wrote: »
    I got this!

9tHmpgk.jpg

The beacon is lit.

We are not signing Muller.

Away to the night. Criminals beware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

Cant see Bayern selling Muller. Their fans would go ape if they did and they don't need the money. Reckon we will sign Otamendi or another central defender and perhaps the likes of Pedro if Di Maria leaves

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement