Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I just love that we are now dining at the top table. Even the billionaire oil rich clubs aren't out of our reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

GSPfan wrote: »
    I just love that we are now dining at the top table. Even the billionaire oil rich clubs aren't out of our reach.

We are the third most valuable club after Madrid and Barcelona.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

well we may not find out. Otamendi not being signed does not mean Otamendi has not been a target. Same with players like Alves and Hummels.

I'll post this again.
    From the Times tour diary.

Rumours of an impending bid from United for Nicolas Otamendi, the Valencia centre-half, continue to gather pace and yet the persistent speculation remains a source of considerable head-scratching among the top brass at Old Trafford. Well-placed figures at the club insist there is no interest in Otamendi, with one actually putting the rumour in the infamous Nicolas Gaitan bracket. Gaitan, the Benfica midfielder, has been linked heavily with a move to United for the past four summers, including this one, despite the Manchester club never having an interest in the player. David Gill, the former United chief executive, once got so sick of stories linking Gaitan with United that he rang up Benfica to instruct the club to stop perennially linking United with the Argentinian in a bid to create a market for him. Valencia seem to now be doing very much the same with their own Argentinian, Otamendi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Big signing coming up I reckon.
    furlong-3.gif

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't want to get ahead of myself but Memphis looks like the real deal

Is the game on tonight or Wednesday morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I don't want to get ahead of myself but Memphis looks like the real deal

Is the game on tonight or Wednesday morning?

Wednesday morning methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Love the way Madrid and B Munich are issuing hands off statements. Great to see us at last back, this time last year it was Everton :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

https://twitter.com/Hayles_101/status/623192534437769216

paddy knows somethings up...................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

magnumbud wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Hayles_101/status/623192534437769216

paddy knows somethings up...................................

****ing caller,,, he was about to spill the beans and the caller cut across him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

If Ronnie comes home I will shít the bed with excitement.

New Adidas deal is gonna kick into play on the 1st of August isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It could be Orgasmic.

Don't fancy a smelly bed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah the Adidas deal comes into effect August 1st :)

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Its nice to see we are making these outrageous bids for top clubs players. Bale and now Muller.

But I think our targets are misguided in so much that we could get great players, maybe just as good elsewhere for less and they would be easier to get.

I would much prefer to see a bid for Reus over Bale. I'd love Bale at UTD but I don't think Madrid will sell and they will take a huge wad of cash from us where as Reus is top quailty and could be gotten for less and we'd have a better chance of BvB selling him to us.

Muller is either on the wing or no.10 for Bayern. If Muller is our 2nd target after Bale I think LVG needs to widen his field of vision (Reus) if he is looking for a no.10 then I think we can do better. These bids spell trouble for ADM and Mata.

Veratti and Reus please if we are spending silly cash, we could possibly get both for 100m. Then sort out the CB's for an epic window.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah the Adidas deal comes into effect August 1st :)
    Yep

Paddy said 10 days or so.

http://days.to/1-august/2015

Its on like Donkey Kong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'd love to see Veratti in a United shirt but I'd be surprised to see a bid this window our midfield is pretty stocked right now. Müller also would be a surprise I remember reading a quote from Beckenbauer after we signed Bastian saying no more big names will be leaving Bayern. Then again talking bout surprises it's been a pretty surprising window so far in many ways and I have a feeling this might get more interesting with this so called 'suprise'. To be honest it's just as likely to be Ronaldo as anyone mentioned the way things are going and when you way it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

im in bits here listening to that guy Jock on the phone to paddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,914 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Its nice to see we are making these outrageous bids for top clubs players. Bale and now Muller.

But I think our targets are misguided in so much that we could get great players, maybe just as good elsewhere for less and they would be easier to get.

I would much prefer to see a bid for Reus over Bale. I'd love Bale at UTD but I don't think Madrid will sell and they will take a huge wad of cash from us where as Reus is top quailty and could be gotten for less and we'd have a better chance of BvB selling him to us.

Muller is either on the wing or no.10 for Bayern. If Muller is our 2nd target after Bale I think LVG needs to widen his field of vision (Reus) if he is looking for a no.10 then I think we can do better. These bids spell trouble for ADM and Mata.

Veratti and Reus please if we are spending silly cash, we could possibly get both for 100m. Then sort out the CB's for an epic window.

Sooo... Reus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Strumms wrote: »
    I'd love to see Veratti in a United shirt but I'd be surprised to see a bid this window our midfield is pretty stocked right now. Müller also would be a surprise I remember reading a quote from Beckenbauer after we signed Bastian saying no more big names will be leaving Bayern. Then again talking bout surprises it's been a pretty surprising window so far in many ways and I have a feeling this might get more interesting with this so called 'suprise'. To be honest it's just as likely to be Ronaldo as anyone mentioned the way things are going and when you way it all up.

I never thought id see the day where we could say we dont need a centre midfielder because we are well stocked. Loving this summer, id still take Verrati though love watching him play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He seems to be always picking up little knocks, quality player but there is something about players leaving Dortmund, they never seem to hit the same heights or maybe I have an odd perception of things.

We don't need Reus.

We have enough CM's now

We don't need Reus.

We have enough CM's now

I have to get used to reading this in the United thread :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Since we seem to be looking for a right sided forward , I'm surprised we haven't been linked with Antione Griezmann , he is young was brillant for atlethico last season scoring loads and had a buy out clause that's less than sterling cost city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

We don't need Reus.

We have enough CM's now

Reus is a forward not a centre midfielder

What, how could you say that! :confused::confused::confused::confused::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

CKYFwUuUcAApa_r.jpg:large

<3

We don't need Reus.

We have enough CM's now

??? Reus is a winger/striker AMF at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

That was a wee jokey joke by Kew for his clique. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ah here, how is everyone forgetting this! this is Bangkoks Legacy!

Walked

Into

That

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The golden era of the thread.

Don't forget the guy who wanted to smell rafeal socks

The golden era of the thread.

Don't forget the guy who wanted to smell rafeal socks
    Question do u think that Rafael gets embarrassed when he takes off his boots in front of the rest of the team???
    sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha

and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of Rafael with just his socks on while he looks nervous or embarrassed

i just want to see it for a few laughs haha

another thing i am wondering is what do you think his feet smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i wouldn't like to smell them or anything
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Kids these days don't put the effort into trolling anymore.

It's a shame.

Normally it's me who walks into other posts.

It's a proud moment for me :D

Yes I am sad.

I still find it hard to believe that post happened.

He closed his account soon after right?

CJjy1mgUMAAHE5r.png

More beautiful than my first born child will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Next time people are rowing with very long posts, I think I should just post something very weird to make it (boring long posts in a pointless argument)!stop...
    Will be hard to beat Rafael's socks...

I still find it hard to believe that post happened.

He closed his account soon after right?

Pretty sure he was around for a while after that.. i remember him closing his account and slagging of a mod.. think it was Gav, he was some weird yolk :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Monstrosity

Looks like a knock-off Liverpool shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

CJjy1mgUMAAHE5r.png

Looks v 80s Liverpool tbh
    all its missing is crown paint sponsorship

J. Marston wrote: »

Looks like a knock-off Liverpool shirt.

You wanna tussle?

You wanna tussle?

109303-randy-marsh-what-do-you-wanna-dOt4.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

While Muller is a brilliant player, 100 million?? Come on. He has actually never scored more than 13 goals in a bundesliga season for a team that bang them in. He is very versatile though. He seems to flourish more on the international scene as some players do.

He's a top player but not what United need. They need to buy big on an out and out world class 30,+ a season striker or else, if your gonna go 100 million territory your talking in the realms of Ronaldo, bale, neymar. An all round attacking and goalscoring phenomenon. Dare I say messi. Muller is world class but just a step below that, in the Alexis, hazard and di Maria bracket. Not a 100 million pound signing.

But hey, that's just like my opinion man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I really dont think some people have gotten to grips with how transfer fees have changed, I seen one bloke say Muller is worth half of £70m and that Messi is worth €100m, amazing thing to say really when you look at the players who have gone for £30m+ in the last year or 2, Muller in this market is worth £70m, no doubt about it, I'd call our chances of signing him though about 2/10 unfortunatly,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lol, Van Gaal just called Chris Smalling as Mike Smalling :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Soooo potentially our new striker's forename is Mike then? Lol you never know with LVG.
    Juan8 wrote: »
    I really dont think some people have gotten to grips with how transfer fees have changed, I seen one bloke say Muller is worth half of £70m and that Messi is worth €100m, amazing thing to say really when you look at the players who have gone for £30m+ in the last year or 2, Muller in this market is worth £70m, no doubt about it, I'd call our chances of signing him though about 2/10 unfortunatly,

Yeah... I wouldn't mind that one bloke sometimes tbh :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement