Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    CJLITOsW8AAMi0o.jpg

Where did this one come from.. that is smashing.. really hope this one is real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'm gonna guess that black one is one of the keeper jerseys and the other black and red is the 3rd kit.

I'm gonna guess that black one is one of the keeper jerseys and the other black and red is the 3rd kit.

Nah they would show it with long sleeves if it was the keepers one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

These Jerseys are like Transfer Rumours, not sure if real or not.

astradave wrote: »

You make Fabien Barthez sad

030423-075-ManUtd-Madrid.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

All Abroad Positivity train hoping the Black jersey posted above is real

6029a86c9e144769dc6be10356341f91.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That black jersey is a beaut i much prefer that then the other black jersey. Cant wait for next month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Keeper kit attached- yellow

You make Fabien Barthez sad

Black Goalkeeper Jerseys make Jorge Campos Sad

2013.08.27-campos.jpg

Black Goalkeeper Jerseys make Jorge Campos Sad

2013.08.27-campos.jpg

Thats the ultimate "sir I forgot my gear for P.E" kinda jersey right there, about 3 times too big aswell :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,409 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Keeper kit attached- yellow

Ah you can't be having a yellow keeper jersey with a gold logo.

Green and gold and all that jazz :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Thats the ultimate "sir I forgot my gear for P.E" kinda jersey right there, about 3 times too big aswell :pac:

Looks like a poncho on him lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The thread is chewing the fat over GK jersey's - we need a transfer and fast.

Unless I'm gone bonkers I remember we were linked with Jorge Campos in the past too. Not as a replacement for Schmeichel but as backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

MY EYES!

That goalie top is horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Will be a bit awkward for De Gea showing up to training in the morning

Even more so when LVG makes him go on his walk of shame

tumblr_inline_nq0eazXbAp1qdrjot_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

When do we leave on pre-season tour does anyone know?

13th of July.

Plenty of time to buy players ;)

13th of July.

Basically this weeks 5 days so Kew.. I would be surprised if we left on tour without at least 1 more signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

13th of July.

Isn't it your Dad and brother that usually head on pre-season tours? Are they doing it this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Isn't it your Dad and brother that usually head on pre-season tours? Are they doing it this year?

Ya, just father and few relatives this year. Was very close to going last year but fell through in end.

You went to few games last year didn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

irishfeen wrote: »
    Basically this weeks 5 days so Kew.. I would be surprised if we left on tour without at least 1 more signing.

I reckon we'll see three this week gents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

brinty wrote: »
    I reckon we'll see three this week gents

Someone has said this every week of the pre-season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

So, who wants to stand up and give an opinion on when we are actually allowed to be disappointed with the lack of transfer activity?

We are back for pre-season now, its only a few weeks until the season starts but still it seems that it is too early to criticise the lack of signings, so when is a reasonable time to do so, if warranted?

• Advertisement

If we haven't signed anyone by the time we fly off to America, I think I'll be getting off on the next stop of the positivity train

So, who wants to stand up and give an opinion on when we are actually allowed to be disappointed with the lack of transfer activity?

We are back for pre-season now, its only a few weeks until the season starts but still it seems that it is too early to criticise the lack of signings, so when is a reasonable time to do so, if warranted?

People can complain from day 1. It's a football fourm and everybody is entitled to opinion.

Plenty have voiced their concern, you know that, the dog on street even knows that.

If we don't sign anyone by Friday 3pm then I think its safe to say first target signings have been missed for the most.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You are entitled to your negativity any time you want. However so to is everyone else entitled not to be negative, and if you want to participate on a public forum board, you also have to accept that people have every right to counter, debate and dismiss negative opinions for any variety of reasons.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You are entitled to your negativity any time you want. However so to is everyone else entitled not to be negative, and if you want to participate on a public forum board, you also have to accept that people have every right to counter, debate and dismiss negative opinions for any variety of reasons.

Who said otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

We have this debate every Summer tbh; our inefficiency in the transfer market is at a point where it's expected now for me and not worth getting worked up over.

After all, if we had actually done our business early this year it would have been the exception and not the rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

The fact we have shipped out some players who would have suited the positions we are weak in, particularly going into a Champions League season, fills me full of positivity!

We will sign players, rest assured.

Some turn out for Nani, even bigger if RVP ends up there

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/617814055655469056

People can complain from day 1. It's a football fourm and everybody is entitled to opinion.

Are people entitled to that opinion? Because plenty have been attacked for those opinions.

I think it would be useful to quantify the matter a little. On a rational level, and considering the work needed, ideally when should United have the majority of that work done by?

If there is a common consensus on that it will help to frame any debate about our transfer activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Unless I'm gone bonkers I remember we were linked with Jorge Campos in the past too. Not as a replacement for Schmeichel but as backup.

My two favourite footballers growing up, being an eccentric short ass keeper who supported Man United. That would have been amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ya, just father and few relatives this year. Was very close to going last year but fell through in end.

You went to few games last year didn't you?

Fair play to them! I went to just the one game in California.

pablo128 wrote: »
    The fact we have shipped out some players who would have suited the positions we are weak in, particularly going into a Champions League season, fills me full of positivity!

We will sign players, rest assured.

I get the reasoning, but its hard to forget that the players shipped out didn't really figure for us at all last season.

Are people entitled to that opinion? Because plenty have been attacked for those opinions.

I think it would be useful to quantify the matter a little. On a rational level, and considering the work needed, ideally when should United have the majority of that work done by?

If there is a common consensus on that it will help to frame any debate about our transfer activity.

Tbf people who are calm have also been targeted a little with smart remarks etc.

I would be disappointed if we got nobody by pre season tour. This week will surely see some action, surely.

I'm only guessing, but I think most would agree even us on board the Positive Train that few signings before The Tour would be most welcome, and beneficial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So my prediction of no signings this week was right.

Another week of no signings coming

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Fair play to them! I went to just the one game in California.

Dads retired so no fear of him. Might go next year once finished college(again), depends where etc, but would like to do one, they are meant to be very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The thing I don't get about ye being so negative about transfers, is that we have no idea what's going on.
    It all goes on behind closed doors. Any number of things can happen that we have no idea are happening.
    All we can do is just wait.
    Being negative is not going to get you anywhere or win any arguements of I told you so, we have no idea what's going on, so discussing transfer policy when we have no clue what the policy is, is just arguing for arguments sake becuase we have nothing better to do.

So it you're going to be negative, just take into consideration, that you and I know exactly the same amount, we know nothing. We hear speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Even if you were to get a consensus on this...there are some posters who, from my time posting are just never happy with United.
    There are a few lads here who if United made me feel the way it apparently makes them feel, I just wouldn't bother with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

When did Woodward speak to the media about signing someone on Wednesday?

Since Mitch has ignored this twice in the last few days, I'm gonna assume I'm blocked, or it didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jayo26 wrote: »
    You mean 80s doc :) 90s jerseys were either laced necks or mad designs embed into jersey or messed up colours.

Laces didn't come in until 92-93 season. We had similar jerseys from 89-90 to 92 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Headshot wrote: »

I don't think we are going to get anyone this week either. Think we have missed out on the main targets, or are struggling badly and now signings won't come til near August cause we are going to be starting from scratch on new targets, or at least one we have done little ground work on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I get the reasoning, but its hard to forget that the players shipped out didn't really figure for us at all last season.
    True, but would have been handy for cover during a busy season. There's one thing clearing out dead wood, but I can't imagine they would risk leaving the club light on players for the sake of a poxy few mill that they got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Headshot wrote: »

Pretty good prediction to make, since in any given year, for any given club, you'll be right about 48 weeks out of 52. Nostradamus shit right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I don't think we are going to get anyone this week either. Think we have missed out on the main targets, or are struggling badly and now signings won't come til near August cause we are going to be starting from scratch on new targets, or at least one we have done little ground work on.

August is 26 days away. Is that not a lot no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I reckon its going to be a typical summer transfer window for utd. I was expecting another transfer by now. I think we'll get players but they wont be first choice players, which isnt the end of world.

It also frustrating players are using utd to get bumper deals.
    Pretty good prediction to make, since in any given year, for any given club, you'll be right about 48 weeks out of 52. Nostradamus shit right there.

I am that damn good. Utd will only get 2 signings in the summer window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trilla wrote: »
    August is 26 days away. Is that not a lot no?

I do not understand what you are getting at here., sorry.

My opinion is that United wanted deals before preseason, which hasn't happened. Second to that is before the tour, which I also don't think will happen now. I think we are going to be closer to August before we see signings and I feel that sets us up for failure as little time to adapt prior to massive games in August.

I hope I am wrong and we get at least two signing in this week, because I feel it is important that we do, but I see nothing to suggest this week will be any different to last week.

Hopefully with preseason actually starting tomorrow LVG will tell Woodward to pull his finger out and get some deals over the line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement