Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It's Ronaldo, is here anything he can't do?

Bet he can't cook fish fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I continually see this one repeated. Has he himself stated this as a goal?

I don't know if he said publicly that he wants to break it, but you'd imagine an individual as goal driven as Ronaldo, when he signed for Madrid he probably had that record as a target for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't know if he said publicly that he wants to break it, but you'd imagine an individual as goal driven as Ronaldo, when he signed for Madrid he probably had that record as a target for himself.

at the same time, if Madrid are remotely considering selling him, they might want to move him on before he breaks the record so they aren't selling their all time leading goal scorer, and that Di Stefano gets to keep the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Looks like Otamendi will be signing for ManCity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    never thought about Morata, i like him.

but realistically from that list, id say Huntelaar.

Would love Morata but has he not just signed a new contract with Juve? I highly doubt they would even consider letting another team look at him let alone buy him :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

at the same time, if Madrid are remotely considering selling him, they might want to move him on before he breaks the record so they aren't selling their all time leading goal scorer, and that Di Stefano gets to keep the record.

Rauls record, Madrid are nuts if they consider selling him. Only hope of them beating Barca to the league next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Would love Morata but has he not just signed a new contract with Juve? I highly doubt they would even consider letting another team look at him let alone buy him :P

I think Real have first option on him aswell, could see them signing him back to piss us off some more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Something's up. This 'surprise' is too good to be true. First Ed says the word, now Lvg. A ploy I fear.

duffman13 wrote: »
    I think Real have first option on him aswell, could see them signing him back to piss us off some more

I think that had to be triggered this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Looks like Otamendi will be signing for ManCity.

damn... where's this coming from?

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    damn... where's this coming from?

Some Valencia journo.

https://twitter.com/ManuNankani/status/623460948502794240

Something's up. This 'surprise' is too good to be true. First Ed says the word, now Lvg. A ploy I fear.

It might end up like when your parents say they have bought you a 'surprise' for Christmas and then you get all excited and think what could it be? A train set? Scalextric? A tub of lego? A casio keyboard? FIFA 2003? Oh the possibilities.

You run down Christmas morning and rip the wrapping paper off to discover your 'surprise' is actually a FIFA game..FIFA 2001! Sure it's a decent game but you wanted the new one, you won't complain though, they are treating you, so you put on a fake smile and thank them.

Years later you look back at it ,FIFA 2001 may not have been the game you wanted that was new flashy and expensive but it was a great game and brought you a lot of good memories...who knows maybe in our case FIFA 2001 is our Huntelaar. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Paddy's surprise could be DDG signing a new contract and some superstar signings coming in

1st August presser

Press: What have you to say about your new kit deal....
    LVG : Well my philoshophee is to surround myself with the best and i'd like to announce the following
    Mr DeGea - modeling our goal keepers kit - he hass signed new contract
    Mr Otamendi - please step out and show our third choice shirt
    Mr Ramos - Unveil or new away strip
    and now for my neew super sexy wunder starrrrr
    Mueller - show us our new home jersey

Queue Louis
    Louis_van_Gaal.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

For left footed center backs, i can only think of a few that would be ok.

Martins-Indy, Cheilini, Badstuber, Laporte, Umtiti or Vertongen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

brinty wrote: »
    Paddy's surprise could be DDG signing a new contract and some superstar signings coming in

1st August presser

Press: What have you to say about your new kit deal....
    LVG : Well my philoshophee is to surround myself with the best and i'd like to announce the following
    Mr DeGea - modeling our goal keepers kit - he hass signed new contract
    Mr Otamendi - please step out and show our third choice shirt
    Mr Ramos - Unveil or new away strip
    and now for my neew super sexy wunder starrrrr
    Mueller - show us our new home jersey

Queue Louis
    Louis_van_Gaal.gif

I know your post is a joke but in reality that is what we need to compete and should be achievable given the size of the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think Van Gaal is trolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hmmm the new Striker.....Eric Djemba Djemba the legend...playing in an advanced role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Was the picture of the kit posted earlier actually real? The old school Adidas one? It's literally the coolest jersey I've ever laid eyes on.

BASTIAN: UNITED CAN WIN TROPHIES THIS SEASON

Having assessed the quality and potential of his new Manchester United team-mates, summer signing Bastian Schweinsteiger is confident of "winning titles" during his first season under the management of Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford.

In the second part of our exclusive interview with the German World Cup-winner (read part one here), Schweinsteiger also pays tribute to club legends Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, two of his football idols, before explaining why the prospect of playing alongside Wayne Rooney partly convinced him to join the Reds…

Now that you've trained for a week, how do you assess the quality of this squad?
    I have to say the quality is huge. I am sure with this team, it is possible to win titles and after a week I can say that. We have a good defence, we have good defensive players, and we have quality players who can make the difference in high-level matches. There are some guys who will come later, so I think this team has a lot of possibilities and qualities.

Wayne Rooney has been full of praise for you. Are you excited to play with him this season?
    Absolutely, for me it a big honour to play with him in the same team. He is a leader, you can see that. He is a fighter, he is a striker, he is everything. I know that. It was also a reason to come here, to play with this kind of player.

We have seen that you are quite active on social media, which is great for fans. Is that important to you?
    Yes, I think so. It is important for the supporters and, of course, I prefer to put on pictures from sport and not so much from my private life, but I think it is very important for the supporters, yes.

You posted a photo on Twitter with Ryan Giggs, who you once played against in the Champions League with Bayern Munich. You must be delighted to be working with him...
    Honestly, my brother is a huge fan of Ryan Giggs. When we played two years ago, with Bayern against Manchester United at Old Trafford, at half-time I asked for his jersey for my brother because he is a huge fan. But of course I saw him playing beforehand and then we finally played against each other. He is a legend of Manchester United.

And finally, are we right in thinking Paul Scholes is another of your idols?
    I have some players who I was always looking for, to see how they were playing, and of course Scholes was one of them. I like his kind of style, how he played and it was also nice to see him once in Munich when there was an all-star game between Bayern Munich and Manchester United. I took his shirt on that occasion but that one was for me! It is at my house in Munich. Not in Manchester, because I do not have a home in Manchester yet!

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Exclusive-Interviews/2015/Jul/Bastian-Schweinsteiger-believes-Manchester-United-can-win-trophies-in-his-first-season.aspx

Regular interview but good to see him speak so highly about Rooney, Giggs and Scholes.

• Advertisement

This here too
    Wayne Rooney has been full of praise for you. Are you excited to play with him this season?
    Absolutely, for me it a big honour to play with him in the same team. He is a leader, you can see that. He is a fighter, he is a striker, he is everything. I know that. It was also a reason to come here, to play with this kind of player.

Is he not a centre forward? ;) :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Tugboats wrote: »
    I know your post is a joke but in reality that is what we need to compete and should be achievable given the size of the club

Should be achievable? Really? What world do you live in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Is he not a centre forward? ;) :pac::pac:

Well Rooney is a street footballer and Schweinsteiger is a bathroom footballer, so they have slightly different definitions. A street footballing CF plays a very similar role to a bathroom footballing striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Well Rooney is a street footballer and Schweinsteiger is a bathroom footballer, so they have slightly different definitions. A street footballing CF plays a very similar role to a bathroom footballing striker.

What the hell?

Anyone else think Shaw and Schweinsteiger could do with shedding a few pounds? Just watching some of the game from the other day.

kippy wrote: »
    In a world that Barcelona can have Neymar, Messi and Suarez up top, it shouldn't be impossible for United to sign Otamendi and Muller. Ramos in without DDG going though... nah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

In a world that Barcelona can have Neymar, Messi and Suarez up top, it shouldn't be impossible for United to sign Otamendi and Muller. Ramos in without DDG going though... nah.

Manchester has never been Barcelona or Madrid. On many levels.
    Even Barca and Madrid have had to move on players to get to where they are now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Manchester has never been Barcelona or Madrid. On many levels.

Yeah but doesn't it sort of feel like they're about to be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Man utd should be able to have a top class keeper, 2 CBs and a forward.

py2006 wrote: »
    What the hell?

There was a debate here last week when some people said Rooney wasn't a striker but rather a centre froward, during which a coke advertisement was posted with Rooney and the words "Street Striker" beside him, naturally people started taking the piss out of the street footballer thing :P

Wait a minute..is the match against San Jose tomorrow at 4am?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone else think Shaw and Schweinsteiger could do with shedding a few pounds? Just watching some of the game from the other day.

What a shocker that some players look slightly out of shape in the first pre season friendly of the summer......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

but good to see him speak so highly about Rooney, Giggs and Scholes.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

There was a debate here last week when some people said Rooney wasn't a striker but rather a centre froward, during which a coke advertisement was posted with Rooney and the words "Street Striker" beside him, naturally people started taking the piss out of the street footballer thing :P

Who would win at wall ball?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

No. Shaw took one of Utds fitness coaches on holiday with him and is the fittest he's ever been.

Wait a minute..is the match against San Jose tomorrow at 4am?

Yep. Means I won't get to see it til I get home from work tomorrow evening, and by that stage I will know what happened so likely won't be arsed to watch it.

Stupid o'clock football

Bayern Munich captain Philipp Lahm admits he cannot guarantee that Thomas Muller will not follow Bastian Schweinsteiger to Manchester United.

Bayern Munich captain Philipp Lahm admits he cannot guarantee that Thomas Muller will not follow Bastian Schweinsteiger to Manchester United.

Ugh - i hate that things like this become a story.

Of course Lahm can't say for certain Muller will stay.

As neither the person in charge or sanctioning transfers or Muller himself, OF COURSE HE CAN'T.

Just this month they were saying VG was happy with Shaw as he lost around half a stone before the pre season as he was on a special fitness program :P

As for Schweinsteiger he looked grand to me, nothing to worry about anyway.

As neither the person in charge or sanctioning transfers or Muller himself, OF COURSE HE CAN'T.

Lahm is actually the mastermind behind Bayerns transfers

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Who would win at wall ball?

I'd wager Schweinsteiger, he'd be ruthless and thump the ball and send Rooney running, Wayne would lose his temper in no time :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

LVG likes to bring in groups from each Country by the looks of it

Rojo, ADM
    Blind, Depay
    Mata, Herrera, DDG.
    English lads
    Schweini, ? ( Muller? )
    Schneiderlin, ( Benzema? )

Just throwing it out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hah that was quick, article would never have being written bar LVG trolling the media this morning.

Solid low level trolling from the boss, he would never get a card on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Tugboats wrote: »

You think I'm joking??
    You don't know me very well sir...
    We're signing those players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

It's Charlie Austin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

its rickie lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

The "surprise" will be Pedro.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

It's Danny Welbeck.

The "surprise" will be Pedro.

If we sign Pedro and ADM stays, fine - but if ADM leaves and Pedro is the only attacking player coming in, we are still weaker, imo, than last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Its Paul McShane - Mr 100%

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Its Paul McShane - Mr 100%

What are they saying on SkySports News?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement