Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I think Rooney is definitely getting a bit on now to play in a 433 .
    I'm not sure his first touch is good enough to play that role and he is a bit slow .
    A pacier striker would be a good addition but I guess Depay and Di Maria on the wings have enough pace to make up for Rooney.

Bastian has been full of praise for Rooney in a recent interview and even said hes one of the reasons he joined. When he sees Rooneys first touch against Spurs, his Hollywood passes and his failed attempt to chip the keeper he will be banging on Woodwards door to get his buddy from Bayern here:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I'm not sure his first touch is good enough to play that role and he is a bit slow .
    A pacier striker would be a good addition but I guess Depay and Di Maria on the wings have enough pace to make up for Rooney.

Fairly sure I read that Rooney recorded the highest top speed of any of our players last season, that may have been for a short distance but surely it represents the kind of explosiveness required for the position in question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ericzeking wrote: »
    Fairly sure I read that Rooney recorded the highest top speed of any of our players last season, that may have been for a short distance but surely it represents the kind of explosiveness required for the position in question?

I saw that but I'm not sure over what distance that figure is calculated.
    I mean Fifa said the fastest player in the world was the mighty Antonio Valencia :rolleyes:
    https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/fifa-reveals-the-fastest-footballer-in-the-world-202540390.html

Change of speed and acceleration over 5-10 yards is the important figure but its very hard to quantify that .
    I dont think Rooney can be regarded as a pacey player ,he doesnt have good acceleration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Its getting to the stage of just sitting in front of sky sports news and refreshing twitter,,, munching on cheetos and ice cream......save me king Ed

You'll be some size by Sept 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its getting to the stage of just sitting in front of sky sports news and refreshing twitter,,, munching on cheetos and ice cream......save me king Ed

hold on a second, where can you buy Cheetos these days?

Misses is a fiend for Cheetos, never see them when I'm shopping, Could score some serious brownie points here.

Only seen them in the local spar in the Polish food section, and they are anything by normal cheetos, horrible things

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

You'll be some size by Sept 2

Ill have to call in that Paddy Crerand show and beg Ed. Id take any sort of signing at this stage.

Fecking cheetos are running out.

and cricket news is on every 2 mins,, ill be an expert at that at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I was always fond of Hernadez. Hopefully he has renewed confidence after Madrid and scores a few next season.

TheDoc wrote: »

imported from amazon in litte tubes,,, think of pringles tubes but fatter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Misses is a fiend for Cheetos, never see them when I'm shopping, Could score some serious brownie points here.

Only seen them in the local spar in the Polish food section, and they are anything by normal cheetos, horrible things

This is where i buy them

http://www.planetcandy.ie/american-sweets/american-food-online-ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote: »

That's a fine store, many a good $ was dropped in it
    do they sell Ronaldo's and Centre Backs

Im saving more money now on my cheetos,,,,, i can buy more now.

Bring it on Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

How to lose a foot for $20 :D

Astradave and his Cheeto's until we next make a signing

milkshake.gif

brinty wrote: »
    Astradave and his Cheeto's until we next make a signing

milkshake.gif

Im sure you mean

giphy.gif

LVG said in his press conference that he will be using the same line ups for the game.

Pitty Goss isnt getting any time.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Rivaldo we've finally signed him, only took 10 years.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Rivaldo we've finally signed him, only took 10 years.

Nope its the "oversized" Ronaldo
    At last..........
    and he's bringing his bestie R bro's
    Rivaldo and Ronaldinho....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

and Romario

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Rooney regularly comes out on top of those opta speed stats.
    He is the one of the fastest in the premiership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

beyond Muller and Ronaldo, I am struggling to think of top level players we could be in for in attack (mystery forward...) that would fit and do everything you could require. We need someone who can lead the line instead of Rooney, partner him in a 442 and from wide in a 433.

Wonder if we are going to go with simply a backup striker such as Ings might have been, with the hope Depay, Januzaj, Mata, Hernandez and Wilson can fulfill the roles required at whatever times of the season.

I personally think Muller and Ibrahimovic are absolute no goes. Muller because Munich would instigate riots if they sold Muller and Ibrahimovic and LVG have clashed previously so can't see either wanting a reunion. Though at near 34 he would be a good signing with respect to Wilson's potential progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There is only one way we are going to find out this mystery striker

Jack-Bauer_1938932c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

beyond Muller and Ronaldo, I am struggling to think of top level players we could be in for in attack (mystery forward...) that would fit and do everything you could require. We need someone who can lead the line instead of Rooney, partner him in a 442 and from wide in a 433.

Wonder if we are going to go with simply a backup striker such as Ings might have been, with the hope Depay, Januzaj, Mata, Hernandez and Wilson can fulfill the roles required at whatever times of the season.

I personally think Muller and Ibrahimovic are absolute no goes. Muller because Munich would instigate riots if they sold Muller and Ibrahimovic and LVG have clashed previously so can't see either wanting a reunion. Though at near 34 he would be a good signing with respect to Wilson's potential progress.

Really starting to think that Pedro is the one we are going to get, reports in Spain suggest LVG want him as RVP replacement, can play wide when Rooney is available and through the middle when Rooney is out.

Really starting to think that Pedro is the one we are going to get, reports in Spain suggest LVG want him as RVP replacement, can play wide when Rooney is available and through the middle when Rooney is out.

I really, REALLY, don't think Pedro could lead the line though the middle at 5"7.Would be a good option out wide.

Would also worry about the dynamism of the forward line if he was in a top 3 with Rooney and Mata; feels like it would lack the explosive pace/dribbling to stretch the defence. Depay should offer that, Januzaj if it 'clicks' with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Seen lahm mentioning on Sky Sports sites no guarantee muller will stay!

http://www.skysports.com/share/9919798

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Seen lahm mentioning on Sky Sports sites no guarantee muller will stay!

http://www.skysports.com/share/9919798

Omg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Todays thread is going in very small circles. Feel like I'm caught in a loop at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

There is only one way we are going to find out this mystery striker

Jack-Bauer_1938932c.jpg
    Jack is the shít and all but trying to get the info of King Louis?

I'm not too sure.

suggest LVG want him as RVP replacement, can play wide when Rooney is available and through the middle when Rooney is out.

Pedro is a winger, no more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Has anyone mentioned Bendtner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Pedro is a winger, no more

Has played up top for Barcelona and Spain, not saying hes the answer but think we may be looking at LVG taking a chance that Depay/Januzaj/Pedro could fill a gap while Rooney is unavailable (would not be my preference either believe me)

Square pegs in round holes. No thanks. If we make signings they should be proper signings bought for their best positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was visiting a relation in a nursing home, all was fairly quiet, one nurse was talking to another person who worked there, she said to him 'I hear United could be signing Thomas Muller'.
    Thomas Muller is probably the top target, just so perfect for United, too perfect as his club won't want to sell. But he is a name that ordinary people know given his high profile for Germany and Bayern Munich.
    Not to mention all his dancing that seems to have gotten everywhere on the internet...and Muller so far has been keeping quiet, quiet when Bastian left, quiet when Rummenigge indicated that Muller was a target for United by saying they wouldn't sell, quiet when these new rumours of a British record bid.

Bastian could have broken the glass ceiling at United and now that we have a German who is a first team player, we attract more and more, like we do with the Spanish...isn't that right Pedro....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Apparently odds have been slashed on ibra to utd. Would he cost as much as Falcao in wages to sit on the bench if Rooney is to be lone striker. Or how much for transfer fee and wages? Rather half the wages go towards someone else to play 2nd fiddle to be honest

Would he cost as much as Falcao in wages t

Id safely say he'd cost more and he'd be disruptive on the bench.

Would be a beast though if played

Id safely say he'd cost more

agreed.

I just can't see how Ibrahimovic makes sense, to either United or Ibrahimovic - either financially or in playing terms. His history with LVG another issue. I'd be more surprised at signing Ibrahimovic than Ronaldo, Bale or Muller.

Apparently odds have been slashed on ibra to utd. Would he cost as much as Falcao in wages to sit on the bench if Rooney is to be lone striker. Or how much for transfer fee and wages? Rather half the wages go towards someone else to play 2nd fiddle to be honest

There's no way Utd would sign Ibra and then leave him on the bench, nor is there any chance he'd move to Utd to sit on the bench. Don't be ridiculous.

Having said that I'll eat my hat if Utd sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not a hope of Ibra signing IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Bookies odds have never been any sort of indicator of a transfer and movements suspensions of bets are mainly used as advertising as football fans like to talk anything transfer wise.

Only world class player I can see us signing is someone who can play anywhere in a front 3, any striker will be willing to play as back up, so its hard to get in the quality we'd want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Mike Smalling.

I'm so embarrassed .

Rolls eyes x 10

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jamie Jackson last night claimed that Muller is open to a move to United. He says his salary if the transfer happened would be €20 million a year, double his current salary.
    Jackson says Muller was not interested in a move to United 12 months ago, but after bust ups with Pep he had a change of mind.

The hours go by and nothing from the talkative Muller...

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

RobertKK wrote: »
    Jamie Jackson last night claimed that Muller is open to a move to United. He says his salary if the transfer happened would be €20 million a year, double his current salary.
    Jackson says Muller was not interested in a move to United 12 months ago, but after bust ups with Pep he had a change of mind.

The hours go by and nothing from the talkative Muller...

Jamie Jackson is a mass producer of click bait and the worst hack at the Guardian. He'll write up any rumour that comes out of Manchester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Has anyone mentioned Bendtner?
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I got it.... Its nick bendtner cant believe we didn't think of it before.

Yehh threw it out there this morning but I didn't feel the love :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Muller can be got if the club go all out.

1:Woodward needs to fly to Munich with 50m stg and Di Maria
    2: Hop over to Spain and pick up Otmandei for 30m before coming home
    3: Send Rooney to the Everton testimonial with 25m +Johnny Evans for Stones

Thats about 170m spent this summer. I think it represents better value than last summers farce:cool:

• Advertisement

Tugboats wrote: »

Thats about 170m spent this summer. I think it represents better value than last summers farce:cool:

Darmian picked up Mueller and Otamendi on the positivity train
    Good call on Stones 16m and Evans perhaps

Tugboats wrote: »

You reckon muller is worth about 100 million sterling and stones is worth over 30 million and same as an experienced world cup finalist defender?

I'd say the uproar in this thread would be unbearable haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

http://i.imgur.com/qq0Ugi3.jpg

Looks legit to me.

brinty wrote: »
    Darmian picked up Mueller and Otamendi on the positivity train
    Good call on Stones 16m and Evans perhaps

16m would be about right. Stones is good but at end of the day is he better then jones or smalling were when websigned them originally he is still only young defender with average enough potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I've worked it out at half time during the barca match Messi will switch Jersey and be announced as the worlds record signing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement