Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

JamboMac wrote: »
    I've worked it out at half time during the barca match Messi will switch Jersey and be announced as the worlds record signing.

I'd prefer this type of unveiling...

11755125_776906035764526_4374741683821330175_n.jpg?oh=7772ce28034dcc100d22dab4dffe3d99&oe=564F83D1

From Reddevils Reddit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jamie Jackson is a mass producer of click bait and the worst hack at the Guardian. He'll write up any rumour that comes out of Manchester.

Away with your Truth.. we don't want your kind here!

500x1000px-LL-eb341408_Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif
    :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

jayo26 wrote: »
    You reckon muller is worth about 100 million sterling and stones is worth over 30 million and same as an experienced world cup finalist defender?

I'd say the uproar in this thread would be unbearable haha.

Its not my money and it helps get the right players in and rubbish out. Di maria would be no loss and Muller would be a huge gain. Everton have rejected 20m from Chelsea so Id pay that bit extra and give them Evans so they have a "replacement". As with Di maria Evans would be no loss. Stones could be one for the future unless you think that man is Phil Jones who will shortly be heading into his 6th year with us:o

This kind of business means we have very little to do next summer. We'd be looking at replacing De Gea more than likely. That would be ideal and would give LVG a great chancing of winning the league in what could be his final season. If we still need 3 or 4 players next summer there is something badly wrong in this rebuilding process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RobertKK wrote: »
    Jamie Jackson last night claimed that Muller is open to a move to United. He says his salary if the transfer happened would be €20 million a year, double his current salary.
    Jackson says Muller was not interested in a move to United 12 months ago, but after bust ups with Pep he had a change of mind.

The hours go by and nothing from the talkative Muller...

You have to be the most optimistic poster on this thread.

I don't mean that as a slight on you btw. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i've no doubt Muller is open to a move to United, none at all.

The reason I think he won't sign for United is that I don't think he really wants out of Munich (as in he is not desperate to leave) and Munich would be insane, from a PR point of view if nothing else, selling another German gem following Kroos last summer and Schweinsteiger this summer - the fans would riot.

I reckon you have more chance of Pep leaving next summer than Muller being sold this summer or next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

There's no way Utd would sign Ibra and then leave him on the bench, nor is there any chance he'd move to Utd to sit on the bench. Don't be ridiculous.

Having said that I'll eat my hat if Utd sign him.
    Not bein ridiculous, it's not my view, if u read my post I said APPARENTLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That Mike Smalling thing reminds me of a time years ago when Shola Ameobi was on Soccer AM and they asked him what Bobby Robson's nickname for him was and he just said "Carl Cort".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im going with Paddy for once.

Its going be great 2 weeks.

Choo chooo!!!!

keane2097 wrote: »
    That Mike Smalling thing reminds me of a time years ago when Shola Ameobi was on Soccer AM and they asked him what Bobby Robson's nickname for him was and he just said "Carl Cort".

Or Joe Kinnear and his Yohan Kebab :pac:

Im going with Paddy for once.

Its going be great 2 weeks.

Choo chooo!!!!

To the Positivity train!!!

This is how we will take em Kew

9YyymoB.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Tugboats wrote: »
    Its not my money and it helps get the right players in and rubbish out. Di maria would be no loss and Muller would be a huge gain. Everton have rejected 20m from Chelsea so Id pay that bit extra and give them Evans so they have a "replacement". As with Di maria Evans would be no loss. Stones could be one for the future unless you think that man is Phil Jones who will shortly be heading into his 6th year with us:o

This kind of business means we have very little to do next summer. We'd be looking at replacing De Gea more than likely. That would be ideal and would give LVG a great chancing of winning the league in what could be his final season. If we still need 3 or 4 players next summer there is something badly wrong in this rebuilding process

That's the great thing about this thread everybody has got an opinion dont they :):)

the only part I'd have issue with is writing off di maria after one year. The simple facts of the matter is the only facts we have to go on is the player him self said he want to stay here no one else has made a comment just speculating.

This is a former team of the year member if he puts his head down and works next year like he did at start of last year he would be like a superstar signing all over again.

Basically says Madrid are not ruling out the Ramos for DeGea swap

https://twitter.com/elpais_deportes/status/623572810275946497

astradave wrote: »

Or in the same interview he called dsvid lambias David lamb or something like that and another few com ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The match is on tonight ya?
    Any of ye getting up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

adox wrote: »
    You have to be the most optimistic poster on this thread.

I don't mean that as a slight on you btw. :)

Well I did buy shares in United...:P have to be optimistic.

I think it is very unlikely that Muller moves, and even though it is very unlikely, I just love the thought of Muller playing in a United shirt, it would be glorious.
    There is a small bit of me that believes it could happen, the whole silence from Muller in regards to Bastian moving and then the rumours from yesterday, just makes me think there could be something behind the rumours.
    One wonders are we in the softening up area of a big deal, where the news breaks, nothing happens as each set of fans digest the news and given time to imagine it happening, so if it does happen the initial sharp edges are taken off as it is less of a shock. Like we have been with De Gea, one could say the same for Real Madrid and Ramos. Sterling made it easy for Liverpool fans to want to see him gone.

I would take offense if you had said a miserable old bastard as I don't see myself as any of those...:pac:
    Most optimistic is good, it doesn't bother me if the deal doesn't happen, but I just love the thought of it being a possibility, which makes reality even better if it were to happen.

Basically says Madrid are not ruling out the Ramos for DeGea swap

https://twitter.com/elpais_deportes/status/623572810275946497

was some talk today in spain that Ramos and Perez are to meet this week and if Ramos reiterates his (apparent) desire to sign for United, Perez may look to use him as bait for DDG - which is confusing as it seems that United were using as DDG as bait for Ramos. Whatevs...

Yes and this time I will infuse my body with caffeine as I didn't for the last match even though I had intended on doing so...which resulted me in falling asleep after Schneiderlin had scored, I saw the goal and woke up when the match was over.

Have it set to record I'll watch it in the morning while doin a bit of work and avoiding the boards thread for spoilers. Bit dissapointed he ain't gonna change the line ups around I'd love to see the schmidfield plsying together but I suppose we may have patience.

was some talk today in spain that Ramos and Perez are to meet this week and if Ramos reiterates his (apparent) desire to sign for United, Perez may look to use him as bait for DDG - which is confusing as it seems that United were using as DDG as bait for Ramos. Whatevs...

Ramos don't have the balls to the last time he supposedly tried that he ended up hugging the man. Its like when ya go break up with a bird and end up sleeping with her.

• Advertisement

Have it set to record I'll watch it in the morning while doin a bit of work and avoiding the boards thread for spoilers. Bit dissapointed he ain't gonna change the line ups around I'd love to see the schmidfield plsying together but I suppose we may have patience.
    He said before that the barca game was when he is planning to play his approximate first choice side for the first time. First two games are planned for fitness only, really

Ramos don't have the balls to the last time he supposedly tried that he ended up hugging the man. Its like when ya go break up with a bird and end up sleeping with her.
    That wasn't a private meeting though, that was all the players coming back for training. This is supposed to be a proper discussion planned/scheduled

He said before that the barca game was when he is planning to play his approximate first choice side for the first time. First two games are planned for fitness only, really

Did he well barca be worth watching then it's on at a decent time on Saturday evening.

yep. Got MUTV in for the month for 4euro. Not sure I will keep it for the season. Do you get much use out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Or in the same interview he called dsvid lambias David lamb or something like that and another few com ups.

Disnt he also call charles inzogbia, charles inzomnia

Yes and this time i dont plan on being here typing at 2am.

Im getting some sleep this time

• Advertisement

yep. Got MUTV in for the month for 4euro. Not sure I will keep it for the season. Do you get much use out of it?

I stream because I'm a cheap bastard.

In my opinion I'd say no. The analysis is terrible really biased its OK for watching youth matched and lvgs Friday interview and I watch paddy for the comedy aspect of it but if I had to pay for it I wouldn't have it in.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Yes and this time i dont plan on being here typing at 2am.

Im getting some sleep this time

I ended up on the beer Friday. Was hoping to end up in costellos hunting down future guy but instead got 20 nuggets in macdonalds for 6 euro and watched the match hungover.

So, along with the reports of Madrid considering selling Ramos to United to get DDG, another foreign press is saying we are closing in on Cillisen. Wonder if it is all tying together to see DDG to Madrid and Ramos and Cillisen to United in the next few days.

Or it is all media BS.

Who knows.

In my opinion I'd say no. The analysis is terrible really biased its OK for watching youth matched and lvgs Friday interview and I watch paddy for the comedy aspect of it but if I had to pay for it I wouldn't have it in.

Reserves and U21s can be interesting to watch if you are into watching them, nice to see the up and coming players. Can be decent to stick on the replays of the United games in the background when doing some other stuff.

• Advertisement

Disnt he also call charles inzogbia, charles inzomnia

Yehhh that the one I couldn't think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

No being honest, it's fairly poor.. Don't watch it much... Really it's only for signings I give a look.

Reserves and U21s can be interesting to watch if you are into watching them, nice to see the up and coming players. Can be decent to stick on the replays of the United games in the background when doing some other stuff.

I love watching the youths but I feel so frustrated this summer with some of the players they let go without giving them a chance and its so often the way with united.

I always watch the youth games, mostly the u21's. but then when the united game isnt on live tv, its nice to see it in full at midnight.

So, along with the reports of Madrid considering selling Ramos to United to get DDG, another foreign press is saying we are closing in on Cillisen. Wonder if it is all tying together to see DDG to Madrid and Ramos and Cillisen to United in the next few days.

Or it is all media BS.

Who knows.

I actually wouldn't mind Cillessen, he's a pretty solid keeper. i don't get people being so against him. Don't get me wrong he is no DeGea, but then again who is.. He would be able to come straight in and understand LVG's philosophy and he is very good with the ball at his feet

I lovebwwtching the youths but I feel so frustrated this summer with some of the players they let go without giving them a chance and its so often the way with united.

which are you mad about? mostly Janko?

I always watch the youth games, mostly the u21's. but then when the united game isnt on live tv, its nice to see it in full at midnight.

Its always nice to watch it on Canadian TV live too :)

Rothwell and Pearson both gone to Barnsley on loan are a big loss for the youths. Will be good for them though if they get first team football

With regards to the Ramos/DeGea links

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/623582104266350593

Yeh I liked janko and I liked thorpe too, i thought thorpe should of been given games last year instead of mcnair even do paddy did well when he came in.

I know we can say most of the time we get it right an the players don't do so well but sometimes maybe a player would of progressed better with us if they hadn't been let go if you get me.

• Advertisement

Rothwell and Pearson both gone to Barnsley on loan are a big loss for the youths. Will be good for them though if they get first team football

They'll both hit 21 this season - they will either make it at that level or they won't make it all, at this point - imo. Another season at United, given they are well off first team quality imo, would have been poor for them. Sure look at Thorpe last season, a season absolutely wasted for him.

Dontnhave any problem with loans most of time but janko should definitely went on loan to celtic if possible.

Dontnhave any problem with loans most of time but janko should definitely went on loan to celtic if possible.

Don't rate Janko at all myself.

Only stood out when he first signed cause he is big/fast/strong so he was able to physically dominate his opponent. Doesn't have the technique to make the progression to the first team at United, imo. not close. Have no issue with him being sold

They'll both hit 21 this season - they will either make it at that level or they won't make it all, at this point - imo. Another season at United, given they are well off first team quality imo, would have been poor for them. Sure look at Thorpe last season, a season absolutely wasted for him.
    Oh i agree totally, would have rather Thorpe made the step up last season over McNair and Blackett.. I think with Rothwell and Pearson its more about putting them in the shop window and getting as much as we can for them and giving them a chance to move on

Don't rate Janko at all myself.

Only stood out when he first signed cause he is big/fast/strong so he was able to physically dominate his opponent. Doesn't have the technique to make the progression to the first team at United, imo. not close. Have no issue with him being sold

That's fair enough mate I thought he had more to offer considering we now have verella back playing that spot.

Always believed we could get Ramos. A great leader for the defense.

Hopefully we can have a Ramos to Schweinsteiger to Muller.....Goaaaallllllllllll.

That's fair enough mate I thought he had more to offer considering we now have verella back playing that spot.

He's Valencia Lite :D

Its always nice to watch it on Canadian TV live too :)

out in the sticks, i cant stream at all above 480p

How many shares at how much Robert?

I'll keep you updated on the price

• Advertisement

How much will we have to pay to get Ramos if De Gea goes the other way? What kind of money will the Dutch keeper cost?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement