Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Van Gaal: "I have read in the media a striker is the surprise. That's not right. It's something else."

https://twitter.com/RobDawsonMEN/status/623725602323853312

Great, the guessing games continue
    BREAKING: El Pais say Manchester United have returned to Madrid with an offer of €60m (£42.2m) for Sergio

https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/623579564938252288

42.2m is a good price imo. With players like Benteke going for 32 paying 10m over the odds is not too much, it is Madrid we are dealing with after all.

Arsène Wenger has spoken to Karim Benzema's reps & confirmed his intent to sign him

https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/623534013286875136

This is going to be a barrier to us getting Ramos imo. Perez won't want to lose so many good players in two season. ADM to us, Benz to the Gunners and Ramos to us. He will lose one but not both imo and I reckon he'll let Benzema go before Ramos.

It all depends on how much Ramos actually wants to move and how strongly he is prepared to force the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/RobDawsonMEN/status/623725602323853312

Great, the guessing games continue

https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/623579564938252288

42.2m is a good price imo. With players like Benteke going for 32 paying 10m over the odds is not too much, it is Madrid we are dealing with after all.

https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/623534013286875136

This is going to be a barrier to us getting Ramos imo. Perez won't want to lose so many good players in two season. ADM to us, Benz to the Gunners and Ramos to us. He will lose one but not both imo and I reckon he'll let Benzema go before Ramos.

It all depends on how much Ramos actually wants to move and how strongly he is prepared to force the move.

Well Ramos has 5 million reasons to push for a move if rumours are to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Every time I read this "surprise signing" and "mystery man" I think of him being announced by jumping out of somewhere during a press conferance with balloons falling from the ceiling, "Pump it" from the Black Eyed Peas starts up in the background, the media go crazy dancing and screaming as the players run in to see what is going on. There's party hats, confetti, drink, dancing and behind the press table Van Gaal sits back, pours himself a glass of red and laps it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

I think the first half team is the one LVG has in mind currently on fitness and form bar GK and Blind.

From that I infer we must have a CB more or less in the bag at this stage, or else he'd play Evans there. (Im not forgetting Rojo just a feeling)

On a totally unrelated note, been watching back all last nights friendlies and none of the players really, roll around much when they get hit with a decent tackle.

Wish it'd be cut out somehow as it makes games better to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

how did mempheis look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

De Gea injured?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

wadacrack wrote: »
    how did mempheis look

Sideburns were on point.

Van gaal was constantly gesturing to him to shave them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Every time I read this "surprise signing" and "mystery man" I think of him being announced by jumping out of somewhere during a press conferance with balloons falling from the ceiling, "Pump it" from the Black Eyed Peas starts up in the background, the media go crazy dancing and screaming as the players run in to see what is going on. There's party hats, confetti, drink, dancing and behind the press table Van Gaal sits back, pours himself a glass of red and laps it up.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sideburns were on point.

Van gaal was constantly gesturing to him to shave them.

HatB_-_Don_Mattingly_s_misfortune.png

• Advertisement

De Gea injured?

Yeah, Van Gaal said he would be back for the Barca game..

Wonder if thats just to get into Real's head though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah, Van Gaal said he would be back for the Barca game..

Wonder if thats just to get into Real's head though

Sounds fishy to me.

Goalkeeping situation needs to be sorted asap

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I wish De Gea would just put us out of our misserys and tell us what his plans are. If he is going next season, then we need to sign his replacement this season for him to play cup games and get used to it all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I wish De Gea would just put us out of our misserys and tell us what his plans are. If he is going next season, then we need to sign his replacement this season for him to play cup games and get used to it all.

His plans are pretty obvious. He wants to leave and won't sign a new contract. The reason it's being dragged out is down to Utd not De Gea.

Johnstone as replacement? :D anybody? ..

Just me? :(...

No need for anyone to reply telling me that it is a ridiculous idea, I know, I'm blinding by my want for youth team players to make the leap. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

His plans are pretty obvious. He wants to leave and won't sign a new contract. The reason it's being dragged out is down to Utd not De Gea.

Thats the problem, why wont he just come out and say that, or better yet, stick in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Thats the problem, why wont he just come out and say that, or better yet, stick in a transfer request.

I really don't get why this isn't insisted on, a player under contract who wants to leave a club, who really want to hold onto him, should have to put in a transfer request.

I know it's all down to loyalty payments etc, but if he wants to leave against the clubs wishes, then why should the club have to also pay him anything?

Do we know this as fact?? No.

Why do we need to know his plans, when he may be on the fence.

He dosent have to tell us anything.

paulbok wrote: »
    I really don't get why this isn't insisted on, a player under contract who wants to leave a club, who really want to hold onto him, should have to put in a transfer request.

I know it's all down to loyalty payments etc, but if he wants to leave against the clubs wishes, then why should the club have to also pay him anything?

I don't see where ye get, the 100% he wants to leave angle from.
    It just looks like he is on the fence and dosent mind which way it goes as each side of the is as good as the other for him.

If he is 100 percent sure he wants to leave this window rather than the next then he has already told the board and staff.

I'd rather this approach than him kicking up a fuss and going to the media saying he wants out quick. Although we might not like the uncertainty around it I think his approach has been proffessional not to turn the media circus even crazier around it.

There is no doubt that the negotiations will be drawn out with us trying to get the best deal for our player or either convincing him to stay another year, getting media and fans too heavily involved by DDG going out talking to journalists about how he wants out would to more bad than good in my view.

I find it quite refreshing how little has been said about it from him. Unlike other players and their agents kicking up fusses, refusing training, doing interviews where it feels like they are captives held against their own will.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Why would he come out and say something when he never talks to the press? It's not a mystery. He won't sign a new contract so he's leaving next summer unless Utd agree a deal to sell him this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

It just looks like he is on the fence and dosent mind which way it goes as each side of the is as good as the other for him.

This isn't directed at DDG in particular, it's any player looking to force a move from a club that doesn't want to sell.

If I was a footballer I wouldnt tell the press anything, especially if I was a young player moving country and getting harassed in the media for a few mistakes.
    Not to mention the other stuff they print about my friends knowing what is true and false.

We don't know if he is 100% decided just speculation. Also I'm pretty sure they lose a type of loyalty bonus by submitting a transfer request, probably little difference to them though.

Former players have come out saying transfer requests make no difference other than media impact. They say that once you let the board and staff know you want to leave submitting a transfer requested doesn't significately speed things up at all like it used to.

This isn't directed at DDG in particular, it's any player looking to force a move from a club that doesn't want to sell.

Ohh.

Might be a contract issues where he isn't allowed maybe.

Or becuase of money, which is always nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

If ever there was something to be chilled about its the De Gea thing, we have up to a year left with him and thats it, I'm sure the club have a replacement ready to go and a deadline set from which he wont be sold.

Just enjoy what days you have left with De Gea and remember the good times.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

It's obvious he's leaning towards a move to Real but has no bad feelings towards Utd so he's saying nothing and hoping the move goes through.

1: A chance to move home
    2: A chance to play for a bigger club
    3: Gets to play with better players
    4: An opportunity to challenge for league an European titles. We won't be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I would say that he would like to go home to the bird and family alright but he doesn't especially want to leave United given how good United and the fans have been to him, then add the fact that his only real option is Real and he's an Athletico fan means he is probably so muddled up in his own head that he's just seeing how things pan out...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wonder if the surprise signing is going to be Aymeric Laporte.
    Given LVG said it is not a striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I would be shocked if Van Gaal, who is the only person who really matters, doesn't know 100% where he is going with DDG and the GK situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ericzeking wrote: »
    I would be shocked if Van Gaal, who is the only person who really matters, doesn't know 100% where he is going with DDG and the GK situation.
    I reckon a deal with Cillessen is basically done, and just needs to be triggered. So if DDG stays, fine. If DDG leaves, Cillessen is signed fairly sharpish afterwards.

Last nights match is on MUTV atm if anyone is interested. 9 mins into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

LVG would have been lethal in Treasure Hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

First half we were good enough. Schneiderlin solid,again. Memphis still settling into our style of play but was looking sharper and scored a tidy goal. I'm thinking he could be very effective once he has fully bedded in. Shaw, Darmian, Carrick and Blind were decent. Mata was ok, Rooney was poor again.

2nd half was quite disappointing. Possessional play was poor once we moved past the half way line and kept giving the ball away easily.

Perreira and Lingard to a lesser extent were definitely the shining lights though.

We'll have to seriously up the performance against Barca or we'll get a preseason spankin!

I reckon a deal with Cillessen is basically done, and just needs to be triggered. So if DDG stays, fine. If DDG leaves, Cillessen is signed fairly sharpish afterwards.

Cillessen would be fine if we plan on fixing the defence. If De Gea leaves without Ramos coming our way then we're going backwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

De Gea and ADM out

Claissen+Romero with Pedro and Ramos in.

Is that something all are comfortable with?

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Tugboats wrote: »
    Cillessen would be fine if we plan on fixing the defence. If De Gea leaves without Ramos coming our way then we're going backwards

But if you keep going backwards, then we're champions! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I really hope Cillessen isn't to be the number 1, don't think he is or will be a top CL goalkeeper and would be a massive step down.

Not really worried about the performances Pre Season.

Pre season is all about getting fit and getting some match practise.

It's from 1st league game of season things matter.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I really hope Cillessen isn't to be the number 1, don't think he is or will be a top CL goalkeeper and would be a massive step down.

Who would you pick? Why do we need a CL quality GK when we're struggling to compete for the premier league?. We should try and win that and not be worrying about champions leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

dahat wrote: »
    De Gea and ADM out

Claissen+Romero with Pedro and Ramos in.

Absolutely not.

When is the next match gentlefolk?

When is the next match gentlefolk?

Sat night 9pm

Bild now reporting 100m bid for Muller.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

Who would you pick? Why do we need a CL quality GK when we're struggling to compete for the premier league?. We should try and win that and not be worrying about champions leagues.

That's a load of rubbish. Your logic seems to be "we're not world class yet, so why buy world class players."
    Of course we need to worry about getting a top keeper, we're Man Utd. We won the CL with Schmeichel and Van Der Saar, not Roy Carroll or Mark Bosnich or John O'Shea (:pac:). If we want to win it again soon, we need to think bigger than Romero or Cillissen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

You think Cillessen's club would be happy to agree a deal pending Utd deciding at their leisure? They're hardly going to accept that.

dahat wrote: »
    De Gea and ADM, Evans out

Claissen+Romero with Muller and Ramos, Stones in.

Yes

Sat night 9pm

Cheers, will finally get to watch one!

Anyone follow Fabrizo Ramano on Twitter? If so good\bad

Saying Otamendi close to United.

I saw it through retweet

Cheers, will finally get to watch one!

The links to games are on reddit, as in last nights and the previous one.
    Just take a look at the side bar of r/soccer and you should be able find your way to the right sub reddit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement