Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

TheDoc wrote: »
    Bookies ahve us for 4th in the league, that our level ?

4th place next season would be a massive disappointment IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

At the moment yes. Where do you think we will finish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Tugboats wrote: »
    At the moment yes. Where do you think we will finish?

2nd. Nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Ah here we all know he'll say 4th at best because Rooney stinks like the other 37 times hes spewed it.

2nd. Nailed on.

Where are we coming up short and how do you think we can fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Sure why bother playing the games lads, big Liverpool fan Jonny's €20 splash on a "Benteke top scorer/Liverpool to qualify for CL" double was enough for the bookies to decide on how things will stand next May, no point watching now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Sure why bother playing the games lads, big Liverpool fan Jonny's €20 splash on a "Benteke top scorer/Liverpool to qualify for CL" double was enough for the bookies to decide on how things will stand next May, no point watching now.

Spoilers ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ronnie already frustrated with Rafa.. Bring him home Ed :pac:

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/623902096644001794

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

Reminds me of Jimmy lumsdens session in Bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Seriously, if Di Maria goes I could see it happening this window!

Probably Rio as a Coach :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That would be anti-climactic if it's true. Nothing against Rio though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is Denis ever right? I cant remember anyway

Where are we coming up short and how do you think we can fix it?

I think there's a lack of top quality at that back that will cost points over the season, particularly with De Gea gone. There's not really anyone in the defence that I'd want to get rid of, but on the other hand, that commanding star player that could really solidify that back line is missing.

Every other area of the pitch is studded with players at the top of the game, it would be nice to have a defence to match.

I'd also be a little dubious about the lack of quality backup for Rooney. Anything happens to him and who's up front? Wilson? Hernandez? I mean, I like Hernandez, but he's not going to lead the line alone. That said, the plan might be to have goals coming from all across the front which could mitigate this somewhat if things click.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah Denis ya Cork Langer ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Headshot wrote: »
    Is Denis ever right? I cant remember anyway

RVP or am I imagining that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ronaldo?

Pogba?

Or perhaps....

BEBE!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Pique? Berbatov?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Probably Rio driving the coach :p

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dennis Irwin the big ****ing tease

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Its Wes Brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Be some ambassador position for someone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Well to be fair to Denis he is over in the States with MUTV so might have heard something. Think i remember he called the DiMaria transfer last year.

Funny in that video the presenter is growing his brain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I think there's a lack of top quality at that back that will cost points over the season, particularly with De Gea gone. There's not really anyone in the defence that I'd want to get rid of, but on the other hand, that commanding star player that could really solidify that back line is missing.

Every other area of the pitch is studded with players at the top of the game, it would be nice to have a defence to match.

I'd also be a little dubious about the lack of quality backup for Rooney. Anything happens to him and who's up front? Wilson? Hernandez? I mean, I like Hernandez, but he's not going to lead the line alone. That said, the plan might be to have goals coming from all across the front which could mitigate this somewhat if things click.

I won't mention Rooney as we won't agree. I think everyone is hoping a CB comes in this summner. I would let Johnny Evans go and maybe get Stones for the future. Next season I think we will get another CB and get rid of Jones. I think his contract was all about trying to get a good price for him next season. Someone said a few days ago we should only judge Jones when he's 28. That's nonsense. Next season could be LVGs last season and we would start it with having 2 quality CBs with Smaliing, Stones and Rojo as back up.

Feckin hell way to ruin the new conversations. Gonna be back to Rooney now!

• Advertisement

I won't mention Rooney as we won't agree. I think everyone is hoping a CB comes in this summner. I would let Johnny Evans go and maybe get Stones for the future. Next season I think we will get another CB and get rid of Jones. I think his contract was all about trying to get a good price for him next season. Someone said a few days ago we should only judge Jones when he's 28. That's nonsense. Next season could be LVGs last season and we would start it with having 2 quality CBs with Smaliing, Stones and Rojo as back up.

I wouldn't be sad to see Evans go. He had a lot of promise and at times looked like he was almost going to be the player United needed, but it never happened. In his late 20s now, it's not going to.

Jones though, I'd like to see stick around for another year or two and see what he does.

We don't need more defenders for the future though. Jones is still only 23 and i wouldn't be paying the 30 odd million for Stones for him to be a back up and stunt his development like we have done with Jones and Smalling. The problem with Jones is his injury record, if he got over that he would be no problem as a back up, maybe even first choice down the line.

What we need now is a commanding CB that will take charge of the back line and sort out whoever is playing alongside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

£35 mill and Ibra for Di Maria, yes please. If only

Think of the letters for the jersey sales and playing as United on Fifa would be unreal.

Pique return aswell maybe instead of Ramos? Would he even count as home grown from his previous stint? not sure about how that works for foreign players

EDIT: Just checked football manager and Pique does count as home grown

I wish Barca had the power

You don't like Pedro? If someone is stupid enough to give us 50m for Di MARIA and Pedro can keep his crosses inside the ground for 20m odd we're better off than we were last Season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A title challenge, winning the playoff and having a good run in the CL, and winning one of the other cups, FA or League Cup, is where I'd set par for next season.

With all the money spent and a year to settle there is no excuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm extremely suspicious of what's currently going on in this thread.

We don't need more defenders for the future though. Jones is still only 23 and i wouldn't be paying the 30 odd million for Stones for him to be a back up and stunt his development like we have done with Jones and Smalling. The problem with Jones is his injury record, if he got over that he would be no problem as a back up, maybe even first choice down the line.

What we need now is a commanding CB that will take charge of the back line and sort out whoever is playing alongside him.

I meant a top quality defender and maybe Stones with him. We can offer Everton a replacement Chelsea cant. We won't agree on Phil Jones

You don't like Pedro? If someone is stupid enough to give us 50m for Di MARIA and Pedro can keep his crosses inside the ground for 20m odd we're better off than we were last Season

sigh

football fans really have short term memories. Di Maria has proven he is a world class player. He was poor by his high standards last season but still provided the goals and assists. If he goes, utd would want to do a hell of a lot better than Pedro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

keane2097 wrote: »

You need a gif to backup this suspicion. Something like...

1448.gif

• Advertisement

sigh

football fans really have short term memories. Di Maria has proven he is a world class player. He was poor by his high standards last season but still provided the goals and assists. If he goes, utd would want to do a hell of a lot better than Pedro.

I agree with you on Di Maria alright but if he does go it will be of his own accord. The club won't sell him without him saying he wants out.

Id be of the opposite opinion to you on Pedro so i'll leave that one there

keane2097 wrote: »

Everyone is like this today:

691373_suspicious-compilation.gif

A title challenge, winning the playoff and having a good run in the CL, and winning one of the other cups, FA or League Cup, is where I'd set par for next season.

With all the money spent and a year to settle there is no excuses

Its hard to plan to win a cup because anything can happen in them. Mk Dons was a disgrace and the FA Cup was a massive opportunity missed. It was set up for us to win it. I think when leagues and European Cups are out of reach its important to try and Hoover up the lesser cups.

I agree with you on Di Maria alright but if he does go it will be of his own accord. The club won't sell him without him saying he wants out.

Id be of the opposite opinion to you on Pedro so i'll leave that one there

There's nothing wrong with Pedro per say but he is far from Di Maria's level

If we kept Di Maria but still got Pedro, id be delighted

sigh

Won the champions league, got to a world cup final, was in the peak of his career and its strongly rumoured that his ambition last year was to play in the French League. That tells me everything I need to know about him. If we keep him and his crosses start landing in car parks and LVG hauls him off we can't cash in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Sometimes Jones reminds of John Terry. They're a pair of wall punchers but Terry had some great defenders to apprentice under.

Over time even complete morons can learn a simple trade with the right tutelage.

Another season without a proper leader to give him direction and I think Jones is done, even if he stops getting injured every other game.

There's nothing wrong with Pedro per say but he is far from Di Maria's level

If we kept Di Maria but still got Pedro, id be delighted

I honestly think that Pedro would fit the style of play that LVG wants to use more than DiMaria, thats not taking anything away from DiMaria.

I reckon if DiMaria is sold, Woody will want a BIG signing ala Ronaldo/Bale/Muller

Apparently a fairly legit journalist from France Football!

https://twitter.com/Nabil_djellit/status/623947345286316032

Info: #DiMaria should be presented Friday to the #USA by the #PSG. The deal result around 65 M € for the Argentine. #mercato

irishfeen wrote: »
    Apparently a fairly legit journalist from France Football!

https://twitter.com/Nabil_djellit/status/623947345286316032

Info: #DiMaria should be presented Friday to the #USA by the #PSG. The deal result around 65 M € for the Argentine. #mercato

45 million pounds? think thats a bit on the low side!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

45 million pounds? think thats a bit on the low side!

yeah cant imagine we'd make that much of a loss over 1 season.

hoping its not true would be gutted if he goes. we lack players who can turn the game on its head just like that and its hard to replace. cant say i'd be too excited about the prospect of pedro replacing him. im sure hes a fine player but i have never placed him in the same bracket

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement