Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

astradave wrote: »
    45 million pounds? think thats a bit on the low side!
    It would be about a £14m loss in 11 months if its true :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

€65m
    Go fish PSG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Was hoping for 50m but who will care if as you said Woody will go for a Muller,Bale or Ronaldo. DI Maria will be a distant memory

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was there ever any talk about add-ons when the DiMaria deal was done? Was the figure reported a "with add-ons", in which case we might actually not have paid the full ammount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

It will be painful seeing Di Maria play for PSG when the Utd vs PSG friendly comes around. Didn't Di Maria say during the Copa that he was going to stay and prove himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was there ever any talk about add-ons when the DiMaria deal was done? Was the figure reported a "with add-ons", in which case we might actually not have paid the full ammount?

from an Odgen article at the time
    Reports in Spain have suggested that Real stand to receive a further £7.1m in add-ons should Di Maria help United return to the Champions League and enjoy success in the competition during the duration of his contract.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Get rid before the qualifiers. Save 7milli.

I would actually be disappointed to see ADM go. Apart from 3 games at the start of the season, I dont think we seen him even close to the previous seasons best.

It will be painful seeing Di Maria play for PSG when the Utd vs PSG friendly comes around. Didn't Di Maria say during the Copa that he was going to stay and prove himself.

Players talk **** all the time. It's called PR. Until a transfer is done, they won't want to burn bridges.

If Di Maria doesn't ask to leave don't we have to pay him a % of his contract when sold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Tugboats wrote: »
    If Di Maria doesn't ask to leave don't we have to pay him a % of his contract when sold?

no

• Advertisement

no

I thought players who are sold without handing in a transfer request are due a fee from the selling club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

irishfeen wrote: »
    It would be about a £14m loss in 11 months if its true :(

to be honest, it would be a decent enough price and with the euro weakening, its a key factor.

we really paid out serious money for him, far far overpaid so to be getting anything close to €55-€60 is a good deal IMO. i still hope he stays but if we were to get that much money, sign Pedro and the remainder goes towards the cost of a top class striker, then i think it would be good for us.

selling him and not replacing him is a different story though and time is running out to do that, before the season starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just on rooney, he plays for currently one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Mourinho wanted him at Real Madrid but Rooney wouldnt move as Coleens sister was terminally ill.

Barcelona were interested in signing him as well but wouldnt move due to above reasons

Mourinho again tried to sign him as Chelsea manager

United wouldnt sell to Chelsea or PSG who were after him at the same time

Man City were going to make rooney one of the highest paid players in the world.

i cant wait to see him up front this season where he wont be getting moved around to midfield. A full season up front. 20+ goals easily

Taking into account exchange rates from last August it would actually be a loss of £10m and not £14 if the journalist is legit.

bangkok wrote: »
    rooney again

29403-Ron-Swanson-throw-out-computer-fFkQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Di Maria had very little impact last season so I'm not too fussed if he leaves. A world class player if on form,but he won't be on form if he doesn't want to be at United so just get rid of him ASAP. I'd rather bring in Pedro, someone who won't complain and will give their all,and would actually want to be here,over Di Maria who hasn't looked like he wants too be here for a long time now.

Having Di Maria would makes us potentially stronger because of what he could bring,but if are to lose him it doesn't make us weaker as we basically didn't even have him for the past 7-8 months.

just on rooney, he plays for currently one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Mourinho wanted him at Real Madrid but Rooney wouldnt move as Coleens sister was terminally ill.

Barcelona were interested in signing him as well but wouldnt move due to above reasons

Mourinho again tried to sign him as Chelsea manager

United wouldnt sell to Chelsea or PSG who were after him at the same time

Man City were going to make rooney one of the highest paid players in the world.

i cant wait to see him up front this season where he wont be getting moved around to midfield. A full season up front. 20+ goals easily

Hello Mr Stretford

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

to be honest, it would be a decent enough price and with the euro weakening, its a key factor.

we really paid out serious money for him, far far overpaid so to be getting anything close to €55-€60 is a good deal IMO. i still hope he stays but if we were to get that much money, sign Pedro and the remainder goes towards the cost of a top class striker, then i think it would be good for us.

selling him and not replacing him is a different story though and time is running out to do that, before the season starts.

Huge Di Maria fan and agree with the points above. I would prefer to see him stay in an ideal scenario.

But considering other things like the possibility he is unhappy, family is unhappy then maybe it makes sense. As he didn't settle he would not be a loss like Ronaldo was or even Vidic was post injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Might be more painful for Di Maria.

Phil?

Phil-Jones-007.jpg

Smash.

article-0-0F4F171C00000578-839_468x430.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Think I might have to take a couple days off visiting this thread when the inevitable meltdown occurs if Di Maria leaves.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Di Maria had very little impact last season so I'm not too fussed if he leaves. A world class player if on form,but he won't be on form if he doesn't want to be at United so just get rid of him ASAP. I'd rather bring in Pedro, someone who won't complain and will give their all,and would actually want to be here,over Di Maria who hasn't looked like he wants too be here for a long time now.

Having Di Maria would makes us potentially stronger because of what he could bring,but if are to lose him it doesn't make us weaker as we basically didn't even have him for the past 7-8 months.

100%, this is how I'm feeling right now. Will be disappointed if he goes, but will move on quick enough, especially if a big signing is made (which I'd be shocked if there's not....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Pedro/Di Maria and Depay playing as advanced wingers either side of Rooney would be some setup up front.

Still have faith we're going to go big on a major player by the end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Will post the results to the survey at some stage tomorrow. ****ing night shifts :P

Nice to see we have a few comedians among us :P

Dwight Yorke got a vote hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sitting down to watch the game. Blind's manbun. The man can do no wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Rooney is worth twice of Muller more like. Jesus some of you seem to forget how good Rooney is. What is your argument here? He started up front in two years and scored 25+ each in the PL alone!

I'm going to upset you now so and believe me its not an attempt of trolling this thread as I have loads of respect for United, but...

Rooney is a great footballer with tons of ability but he is a also a petulant full of himself obscenely overpaid child with a very questionable work ethic. I doubt that he would 'cut it' anywhere outside England simply because of his attitude. I actually meant that earlier when I said I wouldn't swap two Rooneys for one Mueller. Mueller is the polar opposite of Rooney in so many ways. I wouldn't want to see a character like Rooney anywhere near the Bayern squad. I think most Bayern fans would share that view with me.

I also agree with a previous poster saying that for a lot of Bayern fans a Mueller departure would break the camels back. I can't see it happening either (thank god).

As for Schweinsteiger, thats a different story. He deserved this big outside experience before he i past his best. You're getting him in his prime and he will be great for you and I really think your place is the best place if not the only place where I can be happy for him (outside Munich that is). I wish him well and a lot of success with United. I'm already looking forward to see him playing for United in a few weeks. Treat him well, there's not many like him. Wouldn't be surprised if he made captain at some stage in his United stint.

If di Maria does leave it will be no great surprise in fairness, it's been building slowly ever since March. Van gaal has even said if he is not happy we won't keep him against his will.

There is more to life than football

IN: Pedro, Ramos,Lewandowski, Cillessen,Otmandei 160million
    out: Di Maria, De Gea, Evans 80m

Total spent this summer 155m

Champions 2015/2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It should be obvious that there is very little United can do, but sell.

He wants to leave and its now a case of getting as much dough as we can.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Champions 2015/2016

Not going to happen.

• Advertisement

Boskowski wrote: »
    I'm going to upset you now so and believe me its not an attempt of trolling this thread as I have loads of respect for United, but...

Rooney is a great footballer with tons of ability but he is a also a petulant full of himself obscenely overpaid child with a very questionable work ethic. I doubt that he would 'cut it' anywhere outside England simply because of his attitude. I actually meant that earlier when I said I wouldn't swap two Rooneys for one Mueller. Mueller is the polar opposite of Rooney in so many ways. I wouldn't want to see a character like Rooney anywhere near the Bayern squad. I think most Bayern fans would share that view with me.

I also agree with a previous poster saying that for a lot of Bayern fans a Mueller departure would break the camels back. I can't see it happening either (thank god).

As for Schweinsteiger, thats a different story. He deserved this big outside experience before he i past his best. You're getting him in his prime and he will be great for you and I really think your place is the best place if not the only place where I can be happy for him (outside Munich that is). I wish him well and a lot of success with United. I'm already looking forward to see him playing for United in a few weeks. Treat him well, there's not many like him. Wouldn't be surprised if he made captain at some stage in his United stint.

One thing you can never question Rooney on is attitude. A player you would always want on your team 100%.

Also "character like Rooney" what does that mean?

Are you happy with Ribery in your team? Or robben?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Twitter firing up with Di Maria is definitely off.

I'm with Homer, if he goes and United get a nice chunk of change and replace him with a decent winger and a CF. I don't think United will be too bad without him.

Lets be honest, what ever the factors in Di Maria having a poor season, he didn't look up for the fight. ****ing Ashley Young kept him out of the side for the majority of the season.

That's not a pop at Ash btw, he's a decent player, but you ask 100 people who they would rather in the team, 99.9% of them would choose ADM.

Now one thing I will say is Young gets what LVG wants, puts in a decent shift and gets his job done.
    Maybe ADM just didn't fancy changing his game. Herrera has come out previously saying that LVG rathers the ball do the work, rather than players going on mazy runs with it.

Just my 2c.

Not going to happen.

Why not? Everyone agrees we may need a keeper, CBs for sure, fire power up front and a replacement for Di Maria:confused:

Champions 2015/2016

I don't know. Teams who are in the business of replacing half their starting 11 (2nd year in a row now actually) usually find it difficult to win leagues as the consistency just isn't there. A good cup or CL run, maybe, league needs consistency and gelling.

Are you happy with Ribery in your team? Or robben?

Why those two?

I don't know. Teams who are in the business of replacing half their starting 11 (2nd year in a row now actually) usually find it difficult to win leagues as the consistency just isn't there. A good cup or CL run, maybe, league needs consistency and gelling.

Is it not better to buy great players rather than hope to win with poorer players?

Also "character like Rooney" what does that mean?

A player who thinks he is so great that they can't possibly do without him and taking liberties because of it. I think United made a mistake at the time giving in to his demands. He would have been out the door in Munich.

Is it not better to buy great players rather than hope to win with poorer players?

It is, but gradually is the recipe I think, building...

It is, but gradually is the recipe I think, building...

You bring them in now and they will at least be ready for 2016/2017. Very little would be needed next year. The alternative is sticking with the current line up and never achieving anything apart from qualifying for the champions league. Now is the time to bring in a load of players because there is no downside risk. It's impossible to finish 5th because the opposition are so poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Watching the match - counter attacking goals!!! It's so beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You bring them in now and they will at least be ready for 2016/2017. Very little would be needed next year. The alternative is sticking with the current line up and never achieving anything apart from qualifying for the champions league. Now is the time to bring in a load of players because their is no downside risk. It's impossible to finish 5th because the opposition are so poor

We brought in 6 players last summer and 4 already this summer with 1 or 2 more to come. We won't be buying 6 more players this transfer window.

You bring them in now and they will at least be ready for 2016/2017. Very little would be needed next year. The alternative is sticking with the current line up and never achieving anything apart from qualifying for the champions league. Now is the time to bring in a load of players because there is no downside risk. It's impossible to finish 5th because the opposition are so poor

I suppose... I guess there is also the thing of United just being too big an enterprise to be not playing for a title for a number of years. They're a big business after all and must retain that status. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

We brought in 6 players last summer and 4 already this summer with 1 or 2 more to come. We won't be buying 6 more players this transfer window.

Not sure where you're getting 1 or 2 from. Its very likely we will need a goalkeeper and replacement for Di Maria. That's 2 without looking at CB or forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Why those two?

They're definitely "characters".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Silly Teutonic nonsense. English player bad German players good (obviously). I don't think you can apply any of your criticisms of Rooney in reality, Rooney may have been petulant in trying to force a move to city but his work ethic is not questionable in any way, he's probably the one United player who always works as hard as he can. As for him cutting it at Bayern, he'd have to be completely crocked to not succeed in the one horse race that the Bundesliga has become.

Glazers Out!

Why those two?

Google Ribery and hooker and robben and diving :)

Google Ribery and hooker and robben and diving :)

Ha okay ;)

Chelsea finished 6th only 4 years ago. We finished 7th 2 years ago.

Impossible? Don't think so

nullzero wrote: »
    Silly Teutonic nonsense. English player bad German players good (obviously).

Huh? I thought we were talking about Rooney and Mueller and not about English and German players. At least I was. But if it makes you happy...

• Advertisement

Really looks like Pedro is on his way

https://twitter.com/thcoast/status/623962243349278720

and some Cillessen rumours stating that he has been signed, linked to El Confidencial, can't find anything about it on their site at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement