Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mufc_Info/status/623975345562255360

It seems that he will be De Gea’s replacement. I was not overly impressed by him at the World Cup.

How good of a goalie is he ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Isn't El Confidential Spanish? Until I've seen some Dutch soruces go with it I'm calling BS.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If Van Gaal really only sees ADM as a winger and he is leaving then replacing him with Depay and Pedro would be a good solution.

Crazy to see so many changes in a short space of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Isn't El Confidential Spanish? Until I've seen some Dutch soruces go with it I'm calling BS.

He was born in a city founded by Romans, might be wise to wait for the Gazetta too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bret Hart wrote: »

It seems that he will be De Gea’s replacement. I was not overly impressed by him at the World Cup.

What i don't get is, why are the Spanish media breaking the transfer of a Dutch player to an English team..

Ive watched a lot of Ajax this year and I personally rate him as a good Keeper anyways, probably on the tier below DeGea and I think he will prove a lot of the doubters wrong if he moves

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

He was born in a city founded by Romans, might be wise to wait for the Gazetta too

What??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bret Hart wrote: »

Can't see a goalie being announced without De Geas deal been done and dusted. It will be all choreographed perfectly.

How underwhelming it will be if he is De Geas replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Cillesen has really played feck all games for a 26 year old. Only around 100 league games so far. Was he injured for a while or late bloomer? Only ever seen him a handful of times so no clue how good he may be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

adox wrote: »
    Can't see a goalie being announced without De Geas deal been done and dusted. It will be all choreographed perfectly.

How underwhelming it will be if he is De Geas replacement.

It will only be underwhelming if we don't get Ramos

Tugboats wrote: »
    It will only be underwhelming if we don't get Ramos

I'm talking specifically about the goalkeeping position. He would be an underwhelming replacement for De Gea as I stated. Don't know what Ramos has to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

IN: Pedro, Ramos,Lewandowski, Cillessen,Otmandei 160million
    out: Di Maria, De Gea, Evans 80m

Total spent this summer 155m

Champions 2015/2016

No we wont

Cillesen has really played feck all games for a 26 year old. Only around 100 league games so far. Was he injured for a while or late bloomer? Only ever seen him a handful of times so no clue how good he may be.

He only got into Ajax team 2 years ago

Pretty much a late bloomer, only really came into the first team during 2013 season when he was 23/24 , Vermeer was the keeper at the time and he had a bad run of games and DeBoer brought Cillessen into the team and he has been a mainstay ever since. Broke into the Dutch team fully around that time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

would love if we went for aubameyang..quality finisher and pace is so dangerous

I'm talking specifically about the goalkeeping position. He would be an underwhelming replacement for De Gea as I stated. Don't know what Ramos has to do with it.

He's a good keeper. I think with a good defence he won't be as busy as De Gea so I wouldn't be worried about him and I don't think De Gea will be missed. It has everything to do with Ramos.

wadacrack wrote: »
    would love if we went for aubameyang..quality finisher and pace is so dangerous

You're playing too much FIFA.:D Nearly everyone i play against these days pick BVB cause of him. No chance in catching him if he gets a yard on ya (in Fifa and in real life)

He's a good keeper. I think with a good defence he won't be as busy as De Gea so I wouldn't be worried about him and I don't think De Gea will be missed. It has everything to do with Ramos.

Not if we sign Otamendi ;)

astradave wrote: »
    Not if we sign Otamendi ;)

We should be signing him to but obviously that's separate from the De Gea deal. Could be exciting to finally have a defence without Valencia, Smalling and Jones

My point has nothing to do with Ramos or any other defender.

My point has nothing to do with Ramos or any other defender.

What keeper would you buy? De Gea was superman for the last two years and we achieved nothing. I don't think the team will suffer with his replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ahhhhhhh this thread hurts my head!!

De Gea was superman for the last two years and we achieved nothing. I don't think the team will suffer with his replacement

I have read that twice and still can't make sense of it.

What keeper would you buy? De Gea was superman for the last two years and we achieved nothing. I don't think the team will suffer with his replacement

If i had a choice, it would be Lloris over Cillessen, though i do believe that Cillessen would push on and be an important member of the team if he was signed. The only reason i would take Lloris over him atm is because of his experience in the league.

There is also a serious lack of top Goalkeeping talents that would be available.

The likes of Oblak and handanovic would be next on the list, though i couldn't see us going for Oblak as we would have to pay his release clause of 45m and he is pretty inexperienced. Handanovic imo would not suited to the PL or LVG play from the back style and he is 31 now so that could go against him

If i had a choice, it would be Lloris over Cillessen, though i do believe that Cillessen would push on and be an important member of the team if he was signed. The only reason i would take Lloris over him atm is because of his experience in the league.

There is also a serious lack of top Goalkeeping talents that would be available.

That was my first choice but Levy would embarrass Woodward and we would have no money left to buy other players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ed gave them the V sign.

#welldoneEd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bayern involved maybe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If the majority of the players in the first 11 are new then are we not back to square 1 regarding the philosophy and players needing time to learn it?

Makes all of last season learning process pretty much redundant

If De Gea and Di Maria are going and Ramos, Cillisen and Pedro come in that's 3 starters to add to Schneiderlin, Depay and most likely Darmian

Has Moyes any money to spend this summer? Any chance he would come in for januzaj or Fellaini?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Has Moyes any money to spend this summer? Any chance he would come in for januzaj or Fellaini?

Ah here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Ed learning to play the bait game, drawing Bayern's hand by using PSG :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

If the majority of the players in the first 11 are new then are we not back to square 1 regarding the philosophy and players needing time to learn it?

If De Gea and Di Maria are going and Ramos, Cillisen and Pedro come in that's 3 starters to add to Schneiderlin, Depay and most likely Darmian

Well last season no one in the club knew so we have loads that should now.

Way busier preseason compared to this year.

World Cup didnt help.

And looking like very few injuries so far.

So we are a long way from starting all over again but its hardly Ideal plus 2 of the new players have worked under LVG too so its not completely new to them either

Ah here.

Some here want Adnan to go on loan that could be an option. Moyes gave him a decent chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

bangkok wrote: »

Nothing to do with labelling him as a player, he was more naturally gifted than any of the players you mentioned

Rooney naturally more gifted than Scholes, Gaza and Hoddle???. You are having a laugh. He wouldn't lace their boots when it comes to natural ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Ah lads. Just gonna skip the last 2 pages.
    Thee classic summer troll who will vanish come September.

Let us not indulge his idiotic opinions any further. He had his day.
    Let him vanish in a wave of ignorance.

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    Rooney naturally more gifted than Scholes, Gaza and Hoddle???. You are having a laugh. He wouldn't lace their boots when it comes to natural ability

He is 29, I reckon he can tie laces.

He is 29, I reckon he can tie laces.

Who said anything about tying them??????????. Read the post again and again and again and tell me where you see me mention TYING them

Weird how tugboats has only been seen in the last 3 days. Almost as if he has been .........

Who said anything about tying them??????????. Read the post again and again and again and tell me where you see me mention TYING them

Sorry. He can't tie his shoes. He can only lace them
    Not difficult

Trilla wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhh this thread hurts my head!!

I read the last 6 pages.

Will you hold me?

• Advertisement

a1vZFI6.gif

The club should be applauded for backing the manager with huge funds and bringing in loads of players so long may it continue as we urgently need more. Unfortunately the majority of last season signings have been poor so far . I don't know if that is due to needing time to learn the philosophy, unlucky with injuries or the manager is buying badly. Id rather take the chance of going back to square 1 than have a team full of medicore players

Sorry. He can't tie his shoes. He can only lace them
    Not difficult

As the saying goes Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. But then again I think you thrive on having silly replies

Weird how tugboats has only been seen in the last 3 days. Almost as if he has been .........

I was only allowed join recently. Previous applications were rejected due to my record on boards and my lifetime ban from After Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I was only allowed join recently. Previous applications were rejected due to my record on boards and my lifetime ban from After Hours

How does one get banned from After Hours 😧
    You're going the right way about being banned from here too
    Keep up the good work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Don't say it Gowl
    The ban ain't worth it
    Same thoughts crossed my mind though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Why were you banned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

As the saying goes Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. But then again I think you thrive on having silly replies

Might want to quote the whole saying next time when trying to have a pop at someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Zlatan gone from 25/1 to 5/2 to join United in the last few hours

brinty wrote: »
    How does one get banned from After Hours ��
    You're going the right way about being banned from here too
    Keep up the good work

I haven't broken any rules here. I'm a Man Utd fan who wants the club to do well. In my opinion Rooney, Jones, Smalling and Evans aren't good enough.I'm generally happy with the rest of the team. I don't think those opinions are against the rules

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement