Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

ShaneU wrote: »
    Zlatan gone from 25/1 to 5/2 to join United in the last few hours

He is still 20/1 with Unibet, bookies wont take much money on these markets and they usually just use it as a vessel to advertise.

I.e by tweeting about price crashes that mean nothing 95% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No way zlatan will be coming to United. He has history with LVG and there is no way LVG would put up with his ego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Perfect advertisement for why odds mean absolutely nothing when it comes to transfers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Boskowski wrote: »
    Huh? I thought we were talking about Rooney and Mueller and not about English and German players. At least I was. But if it makes you happy...

I'm assuming that is the royal "we". You were making statements, which were in the case of Rooney incorrect. I'm sure Rooney the person is a perfectly reprehensible character like most spoilt man child professional footballers are but on the pitch his performances are at odds with the picture you painted of him. I get it, you're a Bundesliga fan etc... But in this case you're wrong, Rooney and Muller are fine players but to say that Rooney isn't in the same class as Muller is to flatter Muller a little too much.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Where would a good place to watch United games in NYC? Ill probably be over there for the 2nd leg of the champions league qualifier play off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Tugboats wrote: »
    What keeper would you buy? De Gea was superman for the last two years and we achieved nothing. I don't think the team will suffer with his replacement

De Gea in your words was like superman the last two years. Yet in your following sentence we won't suffer when he is replaced.

That makes no sense unless two different people wrote each sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Stuck going to the cinema Saturday so she will leave me go out Sunday for the hurling.

I don't have MUTV is their anywhere i could watch the full highlights of the match from around half 11 or 12 on Saturday night?

I doubt it but hoping to see a full pre season game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Here are this season's FF details!

United Superthread FF league code: 614417-153234

PAID LEAGUE: PM me for details. 10 euro entry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Stuck going to the cinema Saturday so she will leave me go out Sunday for the hurling.

I don't have MUTV is their anywhere i could watch the full highlights of the match from around half 11 or 12 on Saturday night?

I doubt it but hoping to see a full pre season game.

Reddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Robson99 wrote: »
    As the saying goes Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. But then again I think you thrive on having silly replies

Oooohhhhh. Matron.

Be nice mr snarky pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Saw an ad for the new season on Sky there yesterday, they have Gary Neville saying the line "We go again".

:D

Oooohhhhh. Matron.

Be nice mr snarky pants.

Oh I do love me some Carry on.

I also like Oscar Wilde. "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence"

That new job of yours Gowl? Is it with NASA? smart fecker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Saw an ad for the new season on Sky there yesterday, they have Gary Neville saying the line "We go again".

:D

Just seen it.
    Wonder did he fall on his arsé on the way home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So todays rumours have Ramos staying (100% staying according to Rafa) and Otamendi staying ebcause he has enrolled his kids in school in Valencia. PSG have backed out of a move for ADM cause woodward won't play nice. No word on Pedro or any other forward players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Muller is the new Coleman it seems, the notion that he's a level above Rooney is lunacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If Rooney is going to be discussed here for The day again I'm just gonna do some work. Still have a headache after them 40 odd pages yesterday.

Looks like Vidal deal to Bayern is confirmed. Bastian probably knew this would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So todays rumours have Ramos staying (100% staying according to Rafa) and Otamendi staying ebcause he has enrolled his kids in school in Valencia. PSG have backed out of a move for ADM cause woodward won't play nice. No word on Pedro or any other forward players.

We don't like nice Woodward we want him pissing off every club in Europe. Keep it up ed.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    De Gea in your words was like superman the last two years. Yet in your following sentence we won't suffer when he is replaced.

That makes no sense unless two different people wrote each sentence.

We finished 4th with Superman last season. We won't do worse than that this season so he won't really be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

would be a disaster if we missed out on Otamendi now, maybe due to pining all our hopes on Ramos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,661 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

We finished 4th with Superman last season. We won't do worse than that this season so he won't really be missed.

We would have finished further down the table with a lesser keeper.

Your contention that a poor keeper won't have a negative impact is astonishing, assuming you actually believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

beno619 wrote: »
    Muller is the new Coleman it seems, the notion that he's a level above Rooney is lunacy.

not sure i'd say lunacy. i'd probably put muller on par with rooney 4 years ago at 25 going on 26 they have similar goal scoring records bar 1 or 2 seasons for rooney with muller never being munichs main striker.

i'm not saying push rooney aside for him or anything but i think they are about the same level a player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Futile discussion anyway as confirmed by Rummenigge last night.

would be a disaster if we missed out on Otamendi now, maybe due to pining all our hopes on Ramos?

Have said from the start that I felt Ramos was a no-go - that we should sign Otamendi (who I think would suit our actual needs better) and forget about Ramos (or get both).

Wouldn't say we have missed out on him though, enrolling his kids in school is hardly setting his stay in stone, would be something he should do just in case he doesn't move.

I reckon we could still get him signed, if we want to sign him.

We would have finished further down the table with a lesser keeper.

Your contention that a poor keeper won't have a negative impact is astonishing, assuming you actually believe it.

Cillessen isn't a poor keeper. This season we'll finish 4th or maybe squeeze 3rd with or without De Gea. No better or worse than that

Boskowski wrote: »
    Futile discussion anyway as confirmed by Rummenigge last night.

I reckon United are interested, but that all the talk of bids is coming from Bayern so they can act the big man over it.

Muller is a really good player, but the over rating of him by certain United fans since we were linked with him, is crazy.

he certainly is not worth the money being quoted. for a striker with that money, you'd need him scoring goals at Aguero levels and at the moment, he is below that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

We're going to miss out on Otamendi because we were never in for him according to Ducker and Sid Lowe.

Did Young not get a new contract recently, I thought he did.. There is a few places going that he us unsure of his future as there is not contract on the table for him.

for a striker with that money, you'd need him scoring goals at Aguero levels and at the moment, he is below that.

He's not a striker.

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    not sure i'd say lunacy. i'd probably put muller on par with rooney 4 years ago at 25 going on 26 they have similar goal scoring records bar 1 or 2 seasons for rooney with muller never being munichs main striker.

i'm not saying push rooney aside for him or anything but i think they are about the same level a player

I disagree, at his best Muller has never hit the heights Rooney has when he's lead the line.

I'd also say that Muller's competition to lead the line at Munich would'nt compare with RVN, Ronaldo or RVP.

I believe Muller's World Cup record over-inflates people's opinion of him, wouldn't mind us signing him but not as an ADM's replacement and certainly not at the ridiculous €100M fee being mentioned.

Muller is a really good player, but the over rating of him by certain United fans since we were linked with him, is crazy.

he certainly is not worth the money being quoted. for a striker with that money, you'd need him scoring goals at Aguero levels and at the moment, he is below that.

If he's better than what we have does it really matter how much he costs? We have loads of money. Since you're so concerned about value and club finances how do you feel about the club paying world class wages for our current forward? If he fails to hit the Aguero level what should the club do about it? Should they not free up those wages and give it to someone better?

He's not a striker.

There's the problem, he's not a better forward than Rooney, not a better winger than AMD and not a better 10 than Mata.

But people think we should blow €100M on him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If he's better than what we have does it really matter how much he costs? We have loads of money. Since you're so concerned about value and club finances how do you feel about the club paying world class wages for our current forward? If he fails to hit the Aguero level what should the club do about it? Should they not free up those wages and give it to someone better?

just going to leave this hear Tugboy and let you have a look at it for the morning..

rooneyvaguero_91941.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

astradave wrote: »
    Did Young not get a new contract recently, I thought he did.. There is a few places going that he us unsure of his future as there is not contract on the table for him.

No his contract is up next summer meaning he can sign a precontract with someone from January. Seems he really wants new contract but club are not forecoming with one (yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

bangkok wrote: »
    just going to leave this hear Tugboy and let you have a look at it for the morning..

rooneyvaguero_91941.jpg

So you're saying Aguero scores a goal from open play every 138 mins, but Rooney only scores one every 223 mins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I reckon United are interested, but that all the talk of bids is coming from Bayern so they can act the big man over it.

That is bang on the money, trying to save face after the Bastian sale, fans were horrified after that.

I disagree, at his best Muller has never hit the heights Rooney has when he's lead the line.

I'd also say that Muller's competition to lead the line at Munich would'nt compare with RVN, Ronaldo or RVP.

I believe Muller's World Cup record over-inflates people's opinion of him, wouldn't mind us signing him but not as an ADM's replacement and certainly not at the ridiculous €100M fee being mentioned.
    the only 2 seasons he has done much better than muller were seasons were he had no real competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

So you're saying Aguero scores a goal from open play every 138 mins, but Rooney only scores one every 223 mins?

It's old as well and Aguero has done better since

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

oh god Tugboats is off again...

Where's TheDoc for a fight, no better man to sort him out

Bangkok, for all my moaning about you, you were never as bad as this guy. I'd take your summer of ITK over one day of this guy...

There's the problem, he's not a better forward than Rooney, not a better winger than AMD and not a better 10 than Mata.

But people think we should blow €100M on him ?

The money is irrelevant unless it means they can't sign someone else that they might have done if they spent less.

And you're comparing with players at the club in particular roles. ADM doesn't really operate as a winger anyway. And he doesn't seem to want to play in Manchester.

If you're asking me if Muller would make a stronger first team, then I can't see why that wouldn't be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not fixing the defence is the new not fixing the midfield.

Lol

This is apples and oranges.

He doesn't lead the line.

DrPhilG wrote: »

Lol

we will just have to outscore everyone like we did in fergies last year :D

magnumbud wrote: »
    we will just have to outscore everyone like we did in fergies last year :D

Do you think we can do that with Rooney as our main goal threat?:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

brinty wrote: »
    oh god Tugboats is off again...

Where's TheDoc for a fight, no better man to sort him out

Bangkok, for all my moaning about you, you were never as bad as this guy. I'd take your summer of ITK over one day of this guy...

my "summer" of ITK was only the Kroos deal in fairness..

By the way did anyone here apply for any of the jobs I listed for Old Trafford or Carrington?

DrPhilG wrote: »

Lol

in fairness we have signed Darmian, Rojo, Daley Blind and Shaw in the space of 10 months - thats 4 defenders...more is needed, but we cant exactly say we are not fixing it.

Why are you posting misleading information? You did the same yesterday when you said Rooney won everything in the game? It makes you look a bit silly

Aguero PL goals 78
    Rooney PL goals 68

Rooney will fall even further behind over the next few seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

my "summer" of ITK was only the Kroos deal in fairness..

By the way did anyone here apply for any of the jobs I listed for Old Trafford or Carrington?

Your friend in Turin????

Yep I applied

Currently sitting in my plush office overlooking Carrington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Why are you posting misleading information? You did the same yesterday when you said Rooney won everything in the game? It makes you look a bit silly

Aguero PL goals 78
    Rooney PL goals 68

Rooney will fall even further behind over the next few seasons

And how many games did Aguero play CM?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement