Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

brinty wrote: »
    Your friend in Turin????

Yep I applied

Currently sitting in my plush office overlooking Carrington

like I said at the time, he was only teaching English over there but was getting all the Italian sports news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote: »
    like I said at the time, he was only teaching English over there but was getting all the Italian sports news.

Dude, its ok, I'm having a laugh with you not at you.

You've settled down a lot since then, you still have crazy notions whch we can dispute but you're not the worst

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

And how many games did Aguero play CM?

whats that got to do with someone posting misleading information about Rooney for two days running? He needs to be called out on it.

Tugboats wrote: »
    Why are you posting misleading information? You did the same yesterday when you said Rooney won everything in the game? It makes you look a bit silly

Aguero PL goals 78
    Rooney PL goals 68

Rooney will fall even further behind over the next few seasons

wow 10 goals off aguero who is the best striker off all time and rooney played around 50% of his games midfield.

Question... How many goals you reckon aguero will score next season and rooney will score from play providing they don't get injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

I was one of the people going on about Muller. I said he'd be the perfect player to complement our squad if we were playing a 433.

For me he would primarily be signed for playing right of the front 3, but he would also provide cover and competition for Rooney up front, I don't believe we will get in good enough quality cover for Rooney if all we can offer is the bench.

He is always more than used to a possesion based game that we will no doubt be playing next season.

He can be rotated around the front 3, ensuring other class players we have get enough game time throughout the season and wont get fed up. Its always hard to get the balance between squad harmony and quality right and looking at our current squad that'd be one of his biggest assests to us.

He is even tall enough to get on the end of a few of Youngs dodgy crosses.

That all goes out the window of course if we arent playing some variation of 433

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

whats that got to do with someone posting misleading information about Rooney for two days running? He needs to be called out on it.

Like the ****e and moving goalposts you've been posting constantly over the same period?

wow 10 goals off aguero who is the best striker off all time and rooney played around 50% of his games midfield.

Question... How many goals you reckon aguero will score next season and rooney will score from play providing they don't get injured?

and only going to get worse. Its hard to predict exact number of goals but it isnt hard to predict that Aguero will easily outscore Rooney. In the process that will help Man City finish comfortably above us in the PL

and only going to get worse. Its hard to predict exact number of goals but it isnt hard to predict that Aguero will easily outscore Rooney. In the process that will help Man City finish comfortably above us in the PL

your a gas man

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Claims that Varane has dodgy knees making Real Madrid reluctant to sell Ramos.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/624127722248404992

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,661 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I was one of the people going on about Muller. I said he'd be the perfect player to complement our squad if we were playing a 433.

For me he would primarily be signed for playing right of the front 3, but he would also provide cover and competition for Rooney up front, I don't believe we will get in good enough quality cover for Rooney if all we can offer is the bench.

He is always more than used to a possesion based game that we will no doubt be playing next season.

He can be rotated around the front 3, ensuring other class players we have get enough game time throughout the season and wont get fed up. Its always hard to get the balance between squad harmony and quality right and looking at our current squad that'd be one of his biggest assests to us.

He is even tall enough to get on the end of a few of Youngs dodgy crosses.

That all goes out the window of course if we arent playing some variation of 433

Marvellous.

Snorted out some coffee at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The money is irrelevant unless it means they can't sign someone else that they might have done if they spent less.

And you're comparing with players at the club in particular roles. ADM doesn't really operate as a winger anyway. And he doesn't seem to want to play in Manchester.

If you're asking me if Muller would make a stronger first team, then I can't see why that wouldn't be the case.

The money is very relevant. Without launching into a rant, we would be total hypocrites if we started saying it doesnt matter.

ADM played most of his games for us on the wing last season ? Havn't heard any quotes from him saying he doesn't want to play in Manchester.

He could play on the right wing but like I said he's not better than most of our best players who play in similar positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I reckon United are interested, but that all the talk of bids is coming from Bayern so they can act the big man over it.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think Bayern need to prove to anyone that they're big. I think it's all media cr@p. It's silly season and all there is to report on is who has the latest transfer rumours and who falls out of a nightclub pissed.

We should not take anything too seriously that's being written these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

If we agree that Aguero is a better striker than Rooney (which is a reasonable idea), so what? Does that automatically make Rooney not good enough?

your a gas man

I wish it was a laughing matter but the club unwilling(at the moment) to compete with Chelsea and City for the title is very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

There's a point in each transfer window where this thread peaks in optimism and then panic sets in and everyone turns on each other. I reckon we've peaked.

Time to start skipping multiple pages at a time.

beno619 wrote: »
    The money is very relevant. Without launching into a rant, we would be total hypocrites if we started saying it doesnt matter.

ADM played most of his games for us on the wing last season ? Havn't heard any quotes from him saying he doesn't want to play in Manchester.

He could play on the right wing but like I said he's not better than most of our best players who play in similar positions.

I'm not sure why you think the money matters so much.

Is the hypocrite thing because of the pointing at other clubs spending? If that's the case, that's a different issue and one that relates to where the money came from rather than how it was spent.

ADM was on the wing if you consider Sky Sports schematics representative. He didn't spend much time out wide during the games. Quotes on wanting to leave are one thing but he admitted he wanted to move to Paris last year. I don't think that bodes will given his discontent in the meantime.

Muller improves what we have. I don't say that lightly but he does.

I wish it was a laughing matter but the club unwilling(at the moment) to compete with Chelsea and City for the title is very disappointing.
    If thats what you think. Thankfully the rest of us are in the real world where thats not true. But good for you have a cookie.

what are you on about? we finished 4 points off City last season. since then we have signed Bastian Schweinsteiger, Morgan Schneiderlin, Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian and are currently in the process of signing 2 more players. We have a world class manager who is now settled in his job. Your attention seeking is getting tiresome to be honest.

Pro. F wrote: »
    If we agree that Aguero is a better striker than Rooney (which is a reasonable idea), so what? Does that automatically make Rooney not good enough?

It depends on what Utd want to achieve. If the club are happy to finish 4th and 3rd every season than Rooney is fine. If the club want to win titles than of course Rooney isnt good enough. Aguero and Costa are miles better and can be the difference between winning trophies and losing.

With all this said Im still hoping LVG does a Fergie and brings someone in to carry us and especially Rooney over the finish line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Another day and the Rooney debate rages on.

Not going to win this one on here Tugs. The Rooney love is too strong. Once we sign Muller it'll all be forgotten about just as the Nani Love was last year once ADM Came in.

I've been busy for the last while and haven't kept up with the news. I'm not that interested in transfer the gossip, but has Van Gaal said anything interesting about the players already at the club, formations and stuff like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So todays rumours have Ramos staying (100% staying according to Rafa) and Otamendi staying ebcause he has enrolled his kids in school in Valencia. PSG have backed out of a move for ADM cause woodward won't play nice. No word on Pedro or any other forward players.

According to this tweet ADM will be presented to PSG fans friday and the deal was done for 65m
    @Nabil_djellit Info : #DiMaria devrait être présenté ce vendredi aux #USA par le #PSG. Le deal se bouclerait autour de 65 M€ pour L'Argentin. #mercato

https://twitter.com/Nabil_djellit/status/623947345286316032

Hard to know what to believe. Although This guy is a writer for France Football and contributor to L'Equipe 21, the TV channel of the newspaper. Considered reliable when it comes to domestic news

If Ramos stays and we were never in for the Otter exactly what CB's were we in for?

No CB's and ADM leaving possibly followed by DDG turns our window very bad.

"Rooney's not good enough"
    "Who should they have instead"
    "Rooney's nowehere near Aguero"
    "Yeah, cool. But what are the options"
    "Costa, Aguero, Lewandowski....all better than Rooney"
    "Solution?"
    "Rooney isn't good enough"

Eat, sleep, rave. repeat.

what are you on about? we finished 4 points off City last season.

We finished 9 points behind city last year. Can you please stop this? Over the last 2 days you have said:

1 Rooney has won everything in the game
    2 Rooney has score more than Aguero
    3 We finished 4 points behind City

It depends on what Utd want to achieve. If the club are happy to finish 4th and 3rd every season than Rooney is fine. If the club want to win titles than of course Rooney isnt good enough. Aguero and Costa are miles better and can be the difference between winning trophies and losing.

With all this said Im still hoping LVG does a Fergie and brings someone in to carry us and especially Rooney over the finish line

yes we need to "carry" rooney over the finishing line..... :rolleyes:

Honours

Club

Manchester United[302] Individual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

6fabcbd4e236968b0704509acefb6d56.gif

Coat22 wrote: »
    Another day and the Rooney debate rages on.

Not going to win this one on here Tugs. The Rooney love is too strong. Once we sign Muller it'll all be forgotten about just as the Nani Love was last year once ADM Came in.
    "Rooney Love"

is that more commonly known as the basic ability obtained through watching matches to realise a player that does not always play as a striker (Rooney) will amazingly score LESS goals than someone who plays every game as a striker (Aguero)?
    This is where the eejits who rely on numbers to tell them everything get badly shown up. Versatile players who play in multiple positions utterly bamboozle them.

So tugboats, you’ve been bleating on for a whole day about Rooney not being good enough to achieve top 2

So could you please enlighten us all who this superstar striker is that we should bring in to replace him and who is realistically available

I’m no Rooney fan myself but my god you make me sound like I’m ready to have his kids

Well that's obviously nonsense. Rooney led the line the year we were runners up to City on goal difference, with a points total that would have won the league most years and Rooney scoring 27 goals. And his goal return over the long run puts him up there among the best. So he's obviously good enough to lead the line for a title winning team.

Who is it that you think could be bought who would be good enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Playing Rooney means ManUtd don't want to compete with City and Chelsea and just a year ago Chelsea so badly wanted to sign Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Playing Rooney means ManUtd don't want to compete with City and Chelsea and just a year ago Chelsea so badly wanted to sign Rooney.

that was 2 years ago :P

Giggsy11 wrote: »

yea and city what, 2 years ago??

diego costa better than rooney is also laughable. Maybe in 5 years time when we can compare the 2 proper, but no where near as good as rooney

I'm not sure why you think the money matters so much.

Is the hypocrite thing because of the pointing at other clubs spending? If that's the case, that's a different issue and one that relates to where the money came from rather than how it was spent.

ADM was on the wing if you consider Sky Sports schematics representative. He didn't spend much time out wide during the games. Quotes on wanting to leave are one thing but he admitted he wanted to move to Paris last year. I don't think that bodes will given his discontent in the meantime.

Muller improves what we have. I don't say that lightly but he does.

Regardless of where the money comes from it shouldnt be pissed away by overvaluing players, sure we might as well big €100M for Ramos and Otamendi just to get those deals done. It sends a terrible message.

He played on the left wing for LVG as well as the odd game up front. I saw this with my own eyes.

You said he doesnt want to play in Manchester, quotes about Paris while he was a Madrid player mean nothing.

Regardless of where the money comes from it shouldnt be pissed away by overvaluing players, sure we might as well big €100M for Ramos and Otamendi just to get those deals done. It sends a terrible message.

He played on the left wing for LVG as well as the odd game up front. I saw this with my own eyes.

You said he doesnt want to play in Manchester, quotes about Paris while he was a Madrid player mean nothing.

There's a difference between overvaluing players and paying the price that is being asked of for a player that strengthens the team.

I don't believe it would take 100 million and I don't think Muller will be going to United so it's all moot.

Muller would still improve the team whether ADM is there or not.

So tugboats, you’ve been bleating on for a whole day about Rooney not being good enough to achieve top 2

So could you please enlighten us all who this superstar striker is that we should bring in to replace him and who is realistically available

I’m no Rooney fan myself but my god you make me sound like I’m ready to have his kids

lewandowski, Benzema, Muller(would be more effective than Rooney despite it not being his position).Lacazette,Griezmann.

In the PL Aguero, Costa and Kane will score more PL goals than Rooney next season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I think we all need to relax and just hug it out

herrera-mata.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Pro. F wrote: »
    I've been busy for the last while and haven't kept up with the news. I'm not that interested in transfer the gossip, but has Van Gaal said anything interesting about the players already at the club, formations and stuff like that?

He said something to the effect that Darmian is Valencia's backup - I lol'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

lewandowski, Benzema, Muller(would be more effective than Rooney despite it not being his position).Lacazette,Griezmann.

In the PL Aguero, Costa and Kane will score more PL goals than Rooney next season

Your shtick is very obvious and very boring.

Lacazette, Griezmann....LOL

also im gonna put it out there that you have never even seen Lacazette play 10 full games and that's been generous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Have you seen a lot of Lacazette? Ive seen more of his international performances than with Lyon. He hasn't exactly "burst" onto the scene.

• Advertisement

There's a difference between overvaluing players and paying the price that is being asked of for a player that strengthens the team.

I don't believe it would take 100 million and I don't think Muller will be going to United so it's all moot.

Muller would still improve the team whether ADM is there or not.

I agree with your first point and second point.

If ADM goes and Muller came in we would be weaker.

I believe I asked who we could bring in and none of those a realistic targets

Lacazette, Griezmann....LOL

Rooney has won everything in the game. He has more PL goals than Aguero and we finished 4 points behind city. lol Your opinions cant be taken seriously. You still haven't addressed why you told those 3 blatant lies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Rooney has won everything in the game. He has more PL goals than Aguero and we finished 4 points behind city. lol Your opinions cant be taken seriously. You still haven't addressed why you told those 4 blatant lies

index.php?src=http%3A%2F%2F25.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_m2u6vevAgv1r728kvo1_500.png&size=400x1000

If ADM goes and Muller came in we would be weaker.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

We'll see about Rooney this season coming.

There is no earthly reason for him to be played in midfield any more so playing him every game as a central striker should obviously help him.

Personally I do think he's declined a bit over the last few seasons but that could be as a result of playing in a poorer team than we've seen him in in the past.

I believe I asked who we could bring in and none of those a realistic targets

Have we tried? I get the impression LVG is going to go with Rooney up top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Would everyone be in agreement we need another striker though at least for cover or are people happy to go with Chico and Wilson as back up to Rooney.

Any debate to replace Rooney is pointless as I'd say the chance of him being sold is less than 1%

For anyone who does think we should get back up who would they like to see be brought in?

Rooney has won everything in the game. He has more PL goals than Aguero and we finished 4 points behind city. lol Your opinions cant be taken seriously. You still haven't addressed why you told those 4 blatant lies

I'll agree with Bangkok here
    LOL LOL LOL

Lacazette - French league strikers rarely succeed in England, for every Drogba there's a Chamakh....

Griezemann - well he's a wide player not a central striker

Lewandowski and Mueller - Bayern said no more deals this summer

Costa - unavailable

Kane - second season syndrome!!!

Benzema - won't leave Madrid

so who exactly is it you suggest who Manchester United can buy that will guarantee a title challenge...

• Advertisement

Rooney has more PL goals than Aguero

Well considering Rooney has 170 to Agueros 78 thats not exactly a lie. But then again you dont really use facts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement