Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Lacazette better than Rooney?

I love this thread during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

brinty wrote: »
    so who exactly is it you suggest who Manchester United can buy that will guarantee a title challenge...

Simple...we buy Messi :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I'll agree with Bangkok here
    LOL LOL LOL

Lacazette - French league strikers rarely succeed in England, for every Drogba there's a Chamakh....

Griezemann - well he's a wide player not a central striker

Lewandowski and Mueller - Bayern said no more deals this summer

Costa - unavailable

Kane - second season syndrome!!!

Benzema - won't leave Madrid

so who exactly is it you suggest who Manchester United can buy that will guarantee a title challenge...

Thats it. We finish 4th or 3rd this season and hopefully we can try again next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

KH25 wrote: »
    Lacazette better than Rooney?

I love this thread during the summer.

I love Greizmann being called a striker most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Adamocovic wrote: »

I LOVE YOU, MAN

• Advertisement

Tugboats wrote: »
    Thats it. We finish 4th or 3rd this season and hopefully we can try again next summer

Now who's avoiding answering questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

"Rooney Love"

is that more commonly known as the basic ability obtained through watching matches to realise a player that does not always play as a striker (Rooney) will amazingly score LESS goals than someone who plays every game as a striker (Aguero)?
    This is where the eejits who rely on numbers to tell them everything get badly shown up. Versatile players who play in multiple positions utterly bamboozle them.

Got it in one there mate - he's a versatile player who can play in multiple positions - jack of all trades, master one none.

He's not a striker who will lead us to a PL. Has only once finished top goal scorer at the club in a championship season (and that was joint with CR7).

Fine player yes. Leader or the attack for a PL winning team he isn't.

I love Greizmann being called a striker most.

what will we call Rooney when hes plodding around the pitch trying fancy chips and failing to score 20 goals?

Now who's avoiding answering questions

I answered the question:confused:. You told me we cant get the targets. We start we Rooney and finish 4th or 3rd. Hopefully next summer we try and fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

wheres future guy????

• Advertisement

what will we call Rooney when hes plodding around the pitch trying fancy chips and failing to score 20 goals?

At first reading I read that as chips the food, thought maybe it was a pop at his diet :pac: hadn't a clue what was going on imagining Rooney strolling around the pitch eating "fancy chips"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

An imposter? He's never plodded around the pitch before so I don't see why he'd start now.

I LOVE YOU, MAN

And I love..spending time with you

I'm sorry, I'm just not looking for something serious at the moment :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

oh god Tugboats is off again...

Where's TheDoc for a fight, no better man to sort him out

Bangkok, for all my moaning about you, you were never as bad as this guy. I'd take your summer of ITK over one day of this guy...

Couldnt be arsed, clearly has an anti-Rooney vendetta so he just comes across as a moron

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Wayne but I hear he's fond of the name John too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Another day of this then i guess?

Total off topic from this rooney thread but its nice to see Depay talking about becoming a united legend.

I know talk is cheap but he is pretty ambitious and looking at him the yesterday he has all the attributes to play upfront. He is fast and built like a tank and eye for goal. Hopefully he hit the ground running it would make a massive difference.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Coat22 wrote: »
    Got it in one there mate - he's a versatile player who can play in multiple positions - jack of all trades, master one none.

He's not a striker who will lead us to a PL. Has only once finished top goal scorer at the club in a championship season (and that was joint with CR7).

That's a straw man argument. He scored 26 and 27 league goals the two seasons he played up top. It wasn't down to him we didn't win the league in those seasons.

I answered the question:confused:. You told me we cant get the targets. We start we Rooney and finish 4th or 3rd. Hopefully next summer we try and fix it

So we don't have a target who's available and better than Rooney?
    Yet is the clubs fault that because they're starting Rooney in your mind we're aiming for 3/4th place ???

Hmmmmm

jaguars-fan-gif_original.gif?1377793573

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We have bought 4 really good players who all improve the 1st team.

We will buy few more yet. As things stand we are stronger now then 12 months ago. When ADM and/if DDG leaves its open for debate, but by using that money to reinvest we will be stronger then last season. You can add the Younger lads have season under their belt too.

All the other big 3 clubs have been very quite so far or have paid crazy prices for players I.e Sterling.

The negativty as things stand is hard to defy and really OTT, as things stand.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Couldnt be arsed, clearly has an anti-Rooney vendetta so he just comes across as a moron

I thought it was more of wants to become a troll ambition. Been banned from after hours says a lot about his level of intelligence.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I know talk is cheap but he is pretty ambitious and looking at him the yesterday he has all the attributes to play upfront. He is fast and built like a tank and eye for goal. Hopefully he hit the ground running it would make a massive difference.

Yeah can't wait to see him in the league! He looks like an absolute beast, will be a tough man for defenders to handle.

Shaw too so far is look fit and great at tracking back and making runs forward.

If/when he plays on the left with Shaw I imagine most right backs will be dreading the idea of those two running up and down their side all day.

I think I'm starting to understand your problem. You think that positions are based on performance. Greizmann managed to score enough goals to become a striker according to you but Rooney hasnt. What about that year Lescott got double figures for Everton. Did you then decide then that he was a playmaker/winger?

That's a straw man argument. He scored 26 and 27 league goals the two seasons he played up top. It wasn't down to him we didn't win the league in those seasons.

f4bmn5t.jpg

Yeah can't wait to see him in the league! He looks like an absolute beast, will be a tough man for defenders to handle.

Shaw too so far is look fit and great at tracking back and making runs forward.

If/when he plays on the left with Shaw I imagine most right backs will be dreading the idea of those two running up and down their side all day.

Yeh shaw looked real good the other day he has Clearly been working on his fitness he looked ed realy fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

This proves the square root of fùck all. What an absolutely ridiculous method of judging a striker.

So Rooneys to blame for the quality of the squad. Have a seat I dont want to scare you but theres actually 11 players on a pitch. And the idea you expect Rooney to top score, keep possession, clean sheets etc. is quite stupid. I mean Charlie Austin scored 18. Why didnt QPR finish above us?

So we don't have a target who's available and better than Rooney?
    Yet is the clubs fault that because they're starting Rooney in your mind we're aiming for 3/4th place ???

Hmmmmm

jaguars-fan-gif_original.gif?1377793573

I think every player is available. Have we really tried? We haven't seen any official bids or rejections for strikers to replace Rooney. If the club have tried and failed to replace Rooney I applaud them for at least realizing that hes the weak link. I hope they try again next year. if they haven't tried to replace Rooney then thats disappointing.

I thought it was more of wants to become a troll ambition. Been banned from after hours says a lot about his level of intelligence.

Hes banned from AH? Hahahaha god

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lads i think De Gea could be gone or soon to be gone.

Mata posted a picture of him, ander and other and Dave wasnt in the picture.

Now iv learned 1 thing over the last year.

Where Ander and Juan goes, Dave goes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

We might be stuck with Rooney but on the bright side, it looks like De Gea will be going. So at least we won't have to deal with that error prone, calamitous, callow youth any more.

Yeh shaw looked real good the other day he has Clearly been working on his fitness he looked ed realy fast.

I'd say after what VG said last year he wanted to prove him wrong :P

Can't wait to see the match on Sunday, first game that our defence should truly be tested.

If DDG is fit do we expect him to play full game or half? if half I imagine Lindegaard will get the other half, or just Lindegaard getting the full game as Johnstone got the full game last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Didnt Griezman play a number of games up top for Athlectico last season? Was sure I saw it in one game and read about it other times.

Not saying he was there main striker, just wanna make sure I aint tripping :eek:

Another day of this then i guess?

Total off topic from this rooney thread but its nice to see Depay talking about becoming a united legend.

I'm loving his play from the 10 position in the two friendlies. Makes beating players look easy and has a real eye for goal as you say. Himself and Rooney could be a great pairing of that's the way LVG goes.

Didnt Griezman play a number of games up top for Athlectico last season? Was sure I saw it in one game and read about it other times.

Not saying he was there main striker, just wanna make sure I aint tripping :eek:

Yeah, he played a good bit as a striker. But not one to hold up the ball and link up play like Rooney can.

I think every player is available. Have we really tried? We haven't seen any official bids or rejections for strikers to replace Rooney. If the club have tried and failed to replace Rooney I applaud them for at least realizing that hes the weak link. I hope they try again next year. if they haven't tried to replace Rooney then thats disappointing.

Yea the club will come out and say
    We bid on all these players but their clubs told us to GTFO
    C'mon your getting worse with each post...

• Advertisement

Yea the club will come out and say
    We bid on all these players but their clubs told us to GTFO
    C'mon your getting worse with each post...

Do you think the club are looking for a Rooney replacement or back up for him?

Hes banned from AH? Hahahaha god

Lol yehh afraid so, i didnt think it was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Just can't get it out of my head that it's this guy making all the crazy posts...

1990%20tugboat

Do you think the club are looking for a Rooney replacement or back up for him?

Competition for the spot to replace RVP and Falcao

He's club captain he won't be replaced in the team

as I said previously you're getting worse with each post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

9 times in the 23 seasons of the PL has the top scorer come from the champions.

6 times, the top scorer has been from a time outside the top 3.

2 seasons there were 3 joint top scorers. Only one of the 3 scorers were from teams in the top 3 in both cases)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yeah, he played a good bit as a striker. But not one to hold up the ball and link up play like Rooney can.

Ok cheers, was thinking as much alright, much more a counter attacking striker no use to us as a first option up front.

I'd say after what VG said last year he wanted to prove him wrong :P

Can't wait to see the match on Sunday, first game that our defence should truly be tested.

If DDG is fit do we expect him to play full game or half? if half I imagine Lindegaard will get the other half, or just Lindegaard getting the full game as Johnstone got the full game last time.

Yeh one of the lads said that lvg was using the first two vames purely for fitness so we should expect more of a competitive approach against barca, maybe some players playing 60 mins?

Just a heads up mate its on Saturday night not sunday :)

Competition for the spot to replace RVP and Falcao

He's club captain he won't be replaced in the team

as I said previously you're getting worse with each post...

If he was to have a bad season up front do you think LVG would seriously consider doing something next summer? Would you want change then or are you happy to have Rooney up front for the remainder of his contract regardless of form?

Pro. F wrote: »
    I'm loving his play from the 10 position in the two friendlies. Makes beating players look easy and has a real eye for goal as you say. Himself and Rooney could be a great pairing of that's the way LVG goes.

Thats the thing i cant wait for when they get an understanding together and rooney using his brain there is not much better players at predicting where to find someone then rooney.

If he was to have a bad season up front do you think LVG would seriously consider doing something next summer? Would you want change then or are you happy to have Rooney up front for the remainder of his contract regardless of form?

Just look at RVP... Considered for captaincy 12 months ago and gone today
    If Rooney doesn't perform LVG will show him the door

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I agree with you here. For me he's got this season as a starter but I'd like him replaced with someone better if available. If we get a good defender in this year we can break the bank for a star striker next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Just look at RVP... Considered for captaincy 12 months ago and gone today
    If Rooney doesn't perform LVG will show him the door

RVP for captain were people putting 2 and 2 together tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

What did Rooney do to Tugboats dog.....that's what I want to know....or did he 'do' Tugs granny or something.....Jeez

ericzeking wrote: »
    What did Rooney do to Tugboats dog.....that's what I want to know....or did he 'do' Tugs granny or something.....Jeez

Maybe he tugged his "boats"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement