Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sound plausible?

The article brutally translated:
    PSG : Di Maria waited in the US
    Angel Di Maria PSG is imminent. The capital club have reached an agreement with leaders Manchester United for the transfer of Argentine international for 65 million euros. The left-hander , who is completing his vacation after having played including the final of the Copa America , is expected to join his new team Friday or Saturday in the US , where it performs its preparation.

The player was already close to joining PSG last summer , but the case was overturned because of the constraints of financial fair play which struck the Parisian club . They are no longer relevant today . Di Maria , 27, had then joined Manchester United for 75 million euros. After just one season at the club (3 goals in 27 Premier League games ), it is going to pack up , especially his family delighted not in Manchester. Paris is waiting with open arms. - N. D. and B. Ro .

Cant really blame his Wife for not wanting to live in Manchester after what happened last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Trilla wrote: »
    slow news day lads?

Jaysus no, this evening has turned out quite pleasant all things considered. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Couldn't post these earlier,

I know Scholesy against Villa will always be up there, but the one against Bradford always sticks in my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Looks like ill be putting my Di maria jersey from last year to the back of my pile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

paulbok wrote: »
    Jaysus no, this evening has turned out quite pleasant all things considered. ;)

Tell me more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cole and Yorke's FIFA goal against Barcelona in 1998 was just awesome.

Cantona's v Arsenal in April 1996 was special too. Great goal, the dip the ball took was unreal.

Scholes goal against Liverpool in September 98 was class too. The swerve on it into top corner. 4 keepers would not have saved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cole and Yorke's FIFA goal against Barcelona in 1998 was just awesome.

Cantona's v Arsenal in April 1996 was special too. Great goal, the dip the ball took was unreal.

Scholes goal against Liverpool in September 98 was class too. The swerve on it into top corner. 4 keepers would not have saved it

4 De Gea's would have

4 Joe Hart's wouldn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tom is some man for one man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,379 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

will be gutted to see Di Maria sold. Had a poor second half to the season but I blame both him and LVG for that; I think LVG mismanaged quite a bit in the second half of the season which didn't help at all.

I fear we are losing, potentially, a massive source of creativity in the side. Carrick, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger are all deeper players whom while good on the ball don't have that dynamism. Fellaini doesn't have a creative spark either - leaving, really, just Herrera to carry that central creativity. I don't see Mata as a central midfielder, so not including him there. ADM did play in midfield for Benfica and Madrid, and could have been superb for us there, potentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Pro. F wrote: »
    Nah, you didn't. You just stopped responding to people once their counter arguments had you backed into a corner. Now you are just misrepresenting those arguments instead of responding to them directly.

Nope I had to go out and do something, nobody backed me into any corner.

Some of us don't live on the internet making memes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

JamboMac wrote: »

If you just let it go you could maintain some respectability Jambo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

will be gutted to see Di Maria sold. Had a poor second half to the season but I blame both him and LVG for that; I think LVG mismanaged quite a bit in the second half of the season which didn't help at all.

I fear we are losing, potentially, a massive source of creativity in the side. Carrick, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger are all deeper players whom while good on the ball don't have that dynamism. Fellaini doesn't have a creative spark either - leaving, really, just Herrera to carry that central creativity. I don't see Mata as a central midfielder, so not including him there. ADM did play in midfield for Benfica and Madrid, and could have been superb for us there, potentially.

For 60m there can't be ifs, buts or maybes you have to produce week in week out. For whatever reason its not working out. I wouldn't fancy selling him next year for 30million. However I do think it was unfair that lvg treated him harshly for being rubbish when other players continue to get a free ride under him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm disappointed.

YET....I would imagine Woodward will be embarrassed slightly by how ADM has flopped, and will be looking hard and quick to replace his name as his record signing. I'm excited to see what happens once ADM goes; I think bids for Bale, Ronaldo or Muller could really go nuts now...

• Advertisement

If you just let it go you could maintain some respectability Jambo

I tried to not debate this a couple of times and as for respectability, what are you on about?

I give facts and people move goal posts and cry fowl and somehow I have lost respectability, I have to question some of you keyboard warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

adox wrote: »
    My favourite Utd player. He really was a brilliant footballer:

Imagine if we now had a middle of the park 3 of Keane, Robson and Scholes. Best 3 middle players in over 40 years

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm disappointed.

YET....I would imagine Woodward will be embarrassed slightly by how ADM has flopped, and will be looking hard and quick to replace his name as his record signing. I'm excited to see what happens once ADM goes; I think bids for Bale, Ronaldo or Muller could really go nuts now...

might go nuts on bids, but I don't think the respective clubs have any interest in selling those players and I don't think United have the pull or power to force a move through. Not sure what superstar or potential superstar players would be available that we could go for and get. Pogba is probably the only one I eckon we have a real shot at, and even then we'd be in competition with the top clubs in football, throwing all kinds of cash at him.

Who are the 22-24 year old superstars in the making, that could be signed? I can't think of any of the top of my head (bar Pogba, as stated).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

JamboMac wrote: »

So you've had time to write posts joking about the counter arguments put to you, but you don't have time to refute them. Convenient that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Been a while since a transfer.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    So you've had time to write posts joking about the counter arguments put to you, but you don't have time to refute them. Convenient that.

I'm stopping this debate here and probably just leave this thread alone as some get to hot under the collar.

might go nuts on bids, but I don't think the respective clubs have any interest in selling those players and I don't think United have the pull or power to force a move through. Not sure what superstar or potential superstar players would be available that we could go for and get. Pogba is probably the only one I eckon we have a real shot at, and even then we'd be in competition with the top clubs in football, throwing all kinds of cash at him.

Who are the 22-24 year old superstars in the making, that could be signed? I can't think of any of the top of my head (bar Pogba, as stated).

Are you still suffering from a David Moyes hangover?. We don't aspire to be Man City or hope to make it difficult for Newcastle Utd. We're a huge club who should be after the best players in the world not talking ourselves down. We're happy to pay 300k per week. It's about time we paid it to world class players

Tugboats wrote: »
    Are you still suffering from a David Moyes hangover?. We don't aspire to be Man City or hope to make it difficult for Newcastle Utd. We're a huge club who should be after the best players in the world not talking ourselves down. We're happy to pay 300k per week. It's about time we paid it to world class players

Jesus H Christ! Thats some agenda you have going there.. BTW Rooney isn't on 300k ;)

You are insane if you think we can force Real Madrid to sell us Bale or Ronaldo. Or Munich to sell us Muller. For world class players, at the best teams in the world (which are the ones that were mentioned), United don't have the power to force a move through. If we did, Ramos would be a United player right now, we would have signed Bale from Spurs rather than see him go to Real Madrid.

Financially United are one of the most powerful in football, but that simply doesn't mean we can get any player in football we want, whenever we want. You are a fanboi fool if you think otherwise - the evidence is clear.

astradave wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ! Thats some agenda you have going there.. BTW Rooney isn't on 300k ;)

You're still talking about Rooney, you just won't let it drop! We're now discussing trying to sign Bale, Muller, Ronaldo. Can we move on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Admittedly haven't seen an awful lot of him but Max Meyer maybe? Looked a good player anytime that I did see him. 20 years of age and already up with the German senior side. Then you have the likes of De Bruyne, Lacazzette, Dybala - one who is moving and another who has gone already.

You are insane if you think we can force Real Madrid to sell us Bale or Ronaldo. Or Munich to sell us Muller. For world class players, at the best teams in the world (which are the ones that were mentioned), United don't have the power to force a move through. If we did, Ramos would be a United player right now, we would have signed Bale from Spurs rather than see him go to Real Madrid.

Financially United are one of the most powerful in football, but that simply doesn't mean we can get any player in football we want, whenever we want. You are a fanboi fool if you think otherwise - the evidence is clear.

You better tell Ed not to bother trying so as we have no chance

You're still talking about Rooney, you just won't let it drop! We're now discussing trying to sign Bale, Muller, Ronaldo. Can we move on?
    Thats fine, I'm just curious who exactly are you talking about here
    \We're happy to pay 300k per week. It's about time we paid it to world class players

And before you say Bale,Muller,Ronaldo, your post is implying that we are already paying 300k to someone... the second part of the post is a sly dig at the player who shall not be named. Its getting old now and pretty childish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

If Di Maria was to go and maybe be replaced with Pedro, there would probably be more goals added.

However, there would be a disturbing lack of pace in the team / squad. We'd definitely need to bring in someone with speed, even if they were to be only a squad player.

SK1979 wrote: »
    If Di Maria was to go and maybe be replaced with Pedro, there would probably be more goals added.

However, there would be a disturbing lack of pace in the team / squad. We'd definitely need to bring in someone with speed, even if they were to be only a squad player.

Pedro has pace, not DiMaria pace but he is quick, then we will also have Memphis who is about the same as DiMaria. Having Midfielders that can move the ball quickly and effectively will help with the overall speed in our play

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

if di maria goes, although disappointed, i can understand it. last season he wasnt doing what van gaal wanted him to do, namely keep possession. he was losing it too much. that is why is was benched or at least part of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pedro has pace, not DiMaria pace but he is quick, then we will also have Memphis who is about the same as DiMaria. Having Midfielders that can move the ball quickly and effectively will help with the overall speed in our play

The point about the ball moving quickly and efficiently sometimes gets forgotten. Hopefully Basti (ability on the ball) and Morgan (break up opposition play) added to midfield will bring players like Mata more opportunity to do that.

Getting another player in like Pedro with his ability with both feet, speed, workrate and touch would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wohoo Setanta is now in HD on my sky box,, thank **** and about time. When are United on setanta next?

Its only hitting me that DeGea is off.. Really need to get a new desktop screensaver..

Anyone any ideas?

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Wohoo Setanta is now in HD on my sky box,, thank **** and about time. When are United on setanta next?

Sunderland in sept I think. Im on 9.99 pm until October with setanta. They better continue that offer!

Its only hitting me that DeGea is off.. Really need to get a new desktop screensaver..

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Anyone any ideas?

Kate Upton and her glorious bewbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone any ideas?

Get a picture of Old Trafford on matchday = New desktop screensaver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Anyone any ideas?

Seaman, Cech, Kahn ?
    what is your criteria - do they just have to be a goalie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

only a matter of days before Ramos signs his new contract zzzZZzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Anyone any ideas?

6Gic6QpTS5Sfk4eCNMXq_Patrick_Bateman_.jpg

Stay away from footballers. They'll break your heart.

Kate Upton and her glorious bewbs?

Id never get any work done :D

Gonna do a tribute to our midfield.. been a while since i could say that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Id never get any work done :D

Gonna do a tribute to our midfield.. been a while since i could say that :D

Tc23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sunderland in sept I think. Im on 9.99 pm until October with setanta. They better continue that offer!

Took the €1 trial for a month last season, BT & Setanta and after cancelling twice they still haven't cut me off, never paid a cent after the €1. Result....

Just a quick Job...

Screengrab desktop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Just a quick Job...

Screengrab desktop

Very nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jesus lads the bickering is unbearable tbh...

is it confirmed degea is off????????

Just a quick Job...

Screengrab desktop

Post up a copy of the pic mate so we can steal it on u. I like it lots.

jesus lads the bickering is unbearable tbh...

is it confirmed degea is off????????

Ahh its them cheeky newbs,

Notging confirmed lvg still talking about him needing tour minutes so he can play against spurs.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Post up a copy of the pic mate so we can steal it on u. I like it lots.

Here ya go

MidfieldDesktop

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement